• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 Premieres May 21 - 2 Hour Premiere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fisty

Yeah, it does, Bobby's sleazeball clown charm nearly turned her life into an even bigger nightmare.
And it took two of her would-be killers to save her from it. Good lord, Shelly.
I didn't know that a character who gets pushed around by Bobby Briggs could possibly be considered "badass," but here we are.

I swear to god I yelled "JUST CALL THE FUCKING COPS YOU DUMBASS" probably 8 times during my rewatch of the series. She is so goddamn stupid, she literally breaks ZERO laws in the series but she can't seem to call the cops after things like getting beat by her husband, finding bloody clothes in her husband's truck after a highly publicized murder, getting weird poems after her vegetable husband tries to kill her AGAIN after the dumbest fucking insurance scam in the history of insurance scams... and thats all before talking about her getting mixed up with the only person on the show even more stupid than her... like, she gets into "too stupid to live" territory halfway through season 2

Hey guys I've never seen Fire Walk With Me. Should I watch it before the new season or what?
It's a must if you're a huge fan of TP or Lynch IMO. Also watch the missing pieces if you can. Otherwise, if you're just curious, there tons of summaries on the web, including youtube.

I do not recommend this for a first time viewing.

Agreed. It's def a cool experience seeing everything put back in but the original cut is the superior one. Also (movie spoilers)
the whole "shit come out of my ass" thing makes the Jeffries scene goofy af. Some of the extended convenience store material is interesting though.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I hope Kiefer is in the new season. I'm sure we would have gotten an answer by now, but I want to believe...
I swear Kiefer's part in the movie was really small, because watching the extended fanedit keeps him around for a solid 40 minutes. I haven't seen it in forever so I feel like they cut him out of a lot along with Issacs.

Yes! And look for the Fan Edit that puts the deleted scenes back into the film, the theatrical version is not that great.

Don't do this for your first viewing. Watch the theatrical and then the missing pieces. They were removed for a reason as it makes for a more focused and tighter film.

AoM

Don't do this for your first viewing. Watch the theatrical and then the missing pieces. They were removed for a reason as it makes for a more focused and tighter film.

Apparently he had a limit of 135 minutes from the distributor. But it's worth noticing that Lynch himself hasn't released a cut with any more scenes, when he now can.

Flipyap

Higher quality photos (geez, poor Sarah):
IJSTHWN.jpg]
PxeonxR.jpg
4B2ELVv.jpg

Two mates having a giggle:

Russian TV-3 website assets:
I just can't get over how different the new fabric looks. For bright red velvet curtains, these things can look really nasty. In a good way, I think.

overcast

Holy fuck I'm going through the show again with my gf (her first watch). Episode 16 of season 2 is absolutely motherfucking dreadful. Trashhhh.

Help.

I haven't really wrote up my thoughts about it yet but I just saw FWWM for the first time a few days ago. I'd thought that I would like it but it exceeded my expectations completely. When the credits finally rolled and just sat dumbstruck thinking how was such a beautiful film made out of something so despicable. If it wasn't for Mulholland Drive existing I would consider it Lynch's greatest achievement with the only real flaws being that to really get the most out of the film you need to see the show first. So it's hard for me to assess its quality as a film when it's a continuation of the TV show. I'm sure it still works OK when seen standalone, but it would have too much baggage with some characters not really being developed (in the film) and other moments that just wouldn't resonate whatsoever. Big Spoilers for the show and film,
like Coop consoling Laura in the ending.
It just means so much more knowing why Coop is in the Lodge.
I'm really glad that Lynch hasn't really questioned himself due to the response to FWWM and has always stuck by it. I'm glad to see that it's starting to get the attention it deserves, I assume the blu-ray has a lot to do with this.

Holy fuck I'm going through the show again with my gf (her first watch). Episode 16 of season 2 is absolutely motherfucking dreadful. Trashhhh.

Help.

Hit the fast-forward button and skip some of that shit. As blasphemous as that sounds, it really helps.

overcast

Oh I forgot about
Josie's fate actually. That was interesting. How do we feel about that?

Something something she was tossed in the red room?

Real Hero

Yes! And look for the Fan Edit that puts the deleted scenes back into the film, the theatrical version is not that great.

Nah, watch the normal version and then missing pieces. It is better film without them reinserted. Which is why Lynch didn't

Oh I forgot about
Josie's fate actually. That was interesting. How do we feel about that?

Something something she was tossed in the red room?

Her fate became something of ridicule really. I mean..
trapped in a door knob? Really? Not to mention the shoe-horned BOB and LMFAP appearances. Compare BOB in this scene with his appearance near the start of the season in the Theresa hospital scene.

In FWWM, Jefferies refers to a character called 'Judy', and I remember reading that this was supposed to be Josie's twin sister (because of course it would be). Please don't ask me for sources as I read it years ago!

You know usually I hate hate hate recasts but I actually ended up really liking Moira as Donna in FWWM, the Donna in that movie was far more innocent and Moira really pulled it off and was a great contrast to Laura/Sheryl(god that Pink Room segment was one of the dirtiest and grimiest scenes I've ever watched, loved it), it's almost hard for me to see Lara playing the FWWM version of Donna. It almost feels right that she looks completely different in the series after going full steam with trying to escape Laura's shadow.

Her fate became something of ridicule really. I mean..
trapped in a door knob? Really? Not to mention the shoe-horned BOB and LMFAP appearances. Compare BOB in this scene with his appearance near the start of the season in the Theresa hospital scene.

Whoa whoa whoa, get it right. It was a dresser cabinet knob.

scitek

I checked out FWWM for the first time. I didn't really care for it, tbh. I don't think it would make a lick of sense as a standalone film to anyone who hasn't seen the show, either. That said, The only scene I thought really added anything was
Annie Blackburn's appearance to Laura.
The rest was pretty much just a rehash of what the show already explained at length.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Something interesting I recall about Josie...
It's implied that the Great Northern may be haunted by Josie, there's a few scenes towards the end of the series which implies this. There's a scene where Ben Horne is left alone in his office, and he suddenly gets very alerted and quickly turns to look at the fireplace. Pete says to a fireplace, "Josie, I see your face." It's left rather vague in Season 2, but just something a bit interesting which is a bit easy to miss.

Here's an article that goes in-depth on Josie and her fate: http://twinpeaksarchive.blogspot.com/2011/07/between-two-worlds-josies-fate.html

munchie64

I checked out FWWM for the first time. I didn't really care for it, tbh. I don't think it would make a lick of sense as a standalone film to anyone who hasn't seen the show, either. That said, The only scene I thought really added anything was
Annie Blackburn's appearance to Laura.
The rest was pretty much just a rehash of what the show already explained at length.
I'd say it also
makes Laura more human and relatable, recontextualises Lealand's character, makes the mythology more interesting than most of season 2 and in general, opens up ideas that the show just couldn't touch on.

Joqu

did the books mention Annie at all? Heather Graham wasn't listed in the new cast was she?

The book (only one new one has released so far, a sequel is in the works)
appears to retcon Annie's entire existence, she's not mentioned and it stands out because there are instances when she should be, and Norma is even given a brand new mother instead of the food critic that appears in the series. Keep in mind it's presented as a dossier though, it's not a novel. Who knows what Annie's absence is supposed to mean. Some people say it's a straight up season 2 retcon, others theorize alternate universes, I think it's a conspiracy of sorts and I'm hoping to see it play out in season 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom