• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon Community Thread: We're Here Forever

toto2379

Neo Member
If you haven't played ORAS yet and you don't want to be spoiled you may want to stop watching at this point.

Exactly. That's why I'll quit until they're done with that Delta episode.

The main reason I watched TPP OR is that it's a remake of an older run.

ocean

Banned
I can't believe this is still going. I remember the first TPP run - it was what really made me go from lurker to active poster on GAF. It was such a bizarre thing and sharing it with the internets was cool. The Helix praising days were fun :) I actually came close to buying a Bird Jesus tshirt!

Crayolan

We have a timer now for some reason just to end postgame. How long is the Delta Episode?

For the average player it isn't long. Maybe around 2 hours or so, and there are only 3 notable battles throughout the whole thing (one of which is very important to TPP!). However, it requires a lot of jumping around from place to place which TPP isn't very good at, so we'll likely be walking everywhere instead of soaring which will extend the length of the delta episode by a lot.

For the average player it isn't long. Maybe around 2 hours or so, and there are only 3 notable battles throughout the whole thing (one of which is very important to TPP!). However, it requires a lot of jumping around from place to place which TPP isn't very good at, so we'll likely be walking everywhere instead of soaring which will extend the length of the delta episode by a lot.
They probably will be able to beat the episode before the time, but won't be able to do anything else postgame related.

toto2379

Neo Member
@ocean I also made an account for NeoGAF because of TPP. I had to wait from June 22 to September 1 to be able to use my account.

Crayolan

Well we finished the Delta Episode. It was nice getting to see us fight
Wallace's Champion team, even if he was much easier thanks to our super high levels and electric types.
And of course in true TPP fashion, we
ran from Deoxys.

Online postgame begins now. Expect everything to get traded off.

Edit: No online for another 8 hours. In the meantime we're trying the E4 Round 2.

Edit 2: Postgame timer and online start timer has been extended because the stream wants to beat the E4 round 2 I guess. Also T4 hit level 100!

Darn, I should have stayed up longer to see the ending live. Surprised that TPP has beaten a Pokemon game before I did, though there were so many things that distracted me from even starting Omega Ruby.

Done with the E4 2.0

T4 hit the level 100 club with M4!

Kind of sucks that we can't possibly retrieve W6 without screwing everything up, but at this point our team getting messed up would be horrible

Oh, and we finally have a new member of the TPP Pantheon, Lord Stress (Rayquaza)
Actually my favorite and the most natural admission since the OG 3 members, thanks to the game

[Comic] The Voices Know How To Have A Good Time by HedgeMazeExpo

d1s1e7K.png

"Whismur V" The Second Dragonborn, Will Slay Drake's Team? by Erassus

1st E4 OR Team Icons by Peppey_Pep (Would not view this one on darkGAF)

Stressed Colors by reblinc

[ORAS]A Stressful Life by FruityParfait

QSSPwDI.gif

Arty Fighting Groudon by Sorceress_Feraly

ORaZd9Z.png

EDIT: FEMINUN IN LEVEL 100 CLUB

Thunder Buddies by the _disreputable_dog

TPPMLG by Pompaderp

Our Groudon's IVs O_O

TPP's Pokedex Complete Pokedex
Got ~54% in the end, which is actually pretty impressive

Well, it's been a pleasure everyone. Will occasionally check the stream and thread, and I might participate in ORAS Wifi, but TPP has pretty much gone through all the main games. We're the group of people who kept following a fad that did (unfortunately) die (mostly), but it's still been fun, and TPP never truly got boring for me (besides maybe X).

See everyone at Red Anniversary, where I'm hoping it gets advertised enough to become a large event and we get a decent following on TPP again (for that run)

Overall, this was definitely a more enjoyable run than X/Y. We swept through the whole game quicker than we probably expected, but we definitely did have some challenges here and there. And we have saved 6 aka Kenya.

Crayolan

So OR just officially ended after the online postgame. I tried to find arty online but got nowhere. :( At the very least I got his secret base.

Now the stream has gone back into break mode but with PBR instead of Stadium 2. Streamer also seems to have added a lot of refinements to his system and greatly diversified the music selection (Xenoblade, Kirby, Smash Bros, Touhou, etc..), so I might check back into PBR every once in a while.

And finally, one last piece of team art for OR:

tpp_or___before_we_say_goodbye_by_marogod-d888kks.png

Source

The long wait till February begins.

This is also the official end of "Season 1" of TPP, according to the streamer.

PBalfredo

TPP won the award for Best Fan Creation at The Game Awards!

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ VICTORY RIOT! ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

TPP won the award for Best Fan Creation at The Game Awards!

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ VICTORY RIOT! ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Don't forget about who helped us earn this award.
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE HELIX ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

I have TPP running in the background while I am doing other things. Earlier today, there were way more donations/donation battles than any other day. Every minute there was someone donating either for fun reactions from the chat and/or setting up a battle, someone even gave $100.
Either people retract their money before it gets sent to the streamer, or people have quite a lot of money to spend. Either way, the streamer could retire early thanks to TPP.
Kappa

Since people are actually posting here for a moment I'll use that as excuse to post this thing you'd probably rather not know exists.

Sorry.

Not sorry.
Ever since the Crystal run, I remember going through Reddit posts and with all of the Burrito stuff going on, people started suggesting a dating sim and then the idea took off someone said Twitch Dates Pokemon. Surprised that it is still going today.

THEY DID IT REDDIT

Also, we're getting close to the Red Anniversary (February 13). Even though the declining popularity has proven TPP to be just a fad, I still like all of the contributions and fanart that people still make for it.

Toxi

Banned
Less than a day until weヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

StoneFox

While it may never have the absolute chaos of the first run, I'm hyped for this anniversary run today. I'm sure it'll still be as fun as was last year, I preferred playing the runs that didn't have the touchscreen because it makes battles much more intense. haha

Crayolan

Run starts in 10 minutes guys. :)

I've updated the OP for the first time since the end of the OR run, so now it's fully caught up to TPP Season 2. Here are some of the important additions not everyone may be aware of:
For the Anniversary Red Run, Democracy will be enabled using area-based timers. In other words, in certain suspect areas where we may need democracy, streamer has set it so that democracy will automatically enable itself once we have been in that area for over 24 hours total. If the area in question is left, the timer will stop, and anarchy will be re-instated.

If for some reason you feel you want to give your hard-earned cash to TwitchPlaysPokemon, you can now donate to the stream. If you donate, your name (or fake name, you can input whatever you want) is displayed on a banner at the top of the stream and you get to make a donation message for everyone to read and then complain about because it's blocking the screen.

Also, finally, if you subscribe to TwitchPlaysPokemon you now have access to these Subscriber Emotes:
panel-56648155-image-6241552e842a6194-320.png

"TPP Version" is a custom romhack of Red Version which will be used for our Anniversary Red Run. It is designed so that we can feasibly achieve the main goal of this run-completing the Pokedex. The run will end when we view the Diploma, followed by one as of now unknown surprise.

Cess007

The other day was wondering exactly when the original TPP started and was delighted to see that it was a year ago. it seems that it's time to be obsessed again with this :D

Top Bottom