• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon Fire Red Randomizer: Return to the Land of Ghost Lorelei

Crayolan

VICTORY OVER THE ELITE 4 AND CHAMPION AT 15d2h2m!

twitchplayspokemon-profile_banner-2d67334f0890560a-480_678x452.png

Link to stream
Link to the Reddit Live Updater
Link to the Google Doc Progress Page

What is this?

Twitch Plays Pokemon is a game of pokemon where the viewers are in control. Simply input a command (a,b,left,right,up,down,start,select) into the stream chat and it will happen in game (following a 20-40 second lag). The thing is, with thousands of people controlling the game all at once, things get crazy pretty quickly. And now, because we are playing a randomizer and not just an average pokemon game, things are about to get crazier than ever.

Democracy vs. Anarchy

There are two input systems in Twitch Plays Pokemon. The first, Anarchy, works as previously stated. Every command inputted will be played out in the game, leading to sheer insanity. The next, Democracy, instead stops the game and collects votes on commands every 30 seconds. The command with the highest number of votes at the end of each 30 second voting period will be the one inputted in game, until Anarchy is voted as the top choice, at which point Democracy reverts back to Anarchy. Democracy is useful for navigating areas that require precise inputs, using items in the bag, and safely accessing the PC, among other things.

What is a Randomizer?

A randomizer is a mod used to change the game so that all Pokemon in the game are randomly found and have random movesets. For all we know we could end up finding a Dratini with Teleport in route 1 and our rival could end up with a Caterpie with Hyper Beam. For specifics on exactly what has been randomized, refer to this chart:

The team

We are a female character this time, once again named A.

Due to the nature of the randomizer, we have no idea what our team is going to look like. For now, this is what we have:
-Masquerain "Hyper Bug" "Beambug"
Ability: Insomnia [Hyper Beam/Leech Life/Aerial Ace/Fly]
-Sandslash "Sandsplash" "Flameslash" "Flamesplash"
Ability: Flame Body [Tackle/Take Down/Metal Claw/Strength]
-Mew "Karl Marc"
Ability: Magnet Pull [Surf/Body Slam/Rollout/Follow Me]
-Slaking "DJ"
Ability: Minus [Return/Strength/Fly/Tri Attack]
-Blastoise "Shellock Holmes"
Ability: Vital Spirit [Octazooka/Thrash/Surf/Cut]
-Altaria
Ability: Trace [Return/Fly/Cut/Drill Peck]

Our Rival is named Green with starter Horsea

History

So far, we've beaten 3 pokemon games:
Red Version
The team:
Crystal Version
The team:
Emerald Version
The team:

Thread 1
Thread 2
Thread 3
Emerald Thread

Join us in the insanity! This run in particular is guaranteed to be crazier than ever.

discord

Cbajd5

make sure to press select+b as soon as it starts so we can fix the berry glitch

you wouldn't want glitched berries now would you

also ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Luigi87

Back to Kanto... This is gonna be an interesting run.
Also fitting timing, since I just saw someone post a Bird Jesus cosplay from PAX o_o

entremet

Pretty awesome you guys choose a Tentacruel as a team member for the Hoenn games. They're everywhere in Hoenn.

Hahaha oh god. TMs are randomized and so are Trainer Pokemon. Which means we won't know what the Gym leaders or E4 have until we fight them. That's going to be amazing.

Get ready for more ledges and spinning tiles! Will the Aurora ticket be put in the game? Can we go to Birth Island and do the moving rock puzzle?

Oh shark, how many more times can we jump you with this series?

Wish the guy behind this would try and look elsewhere... surely pokemon isn't the only game in existence that would work with this setup.

Toxi

Banned
Oh shark, how many more times can we jump you with this series?

Wish the guy behind this would try and look elsewhere... surely pokemon isn't the only game in existence that would work with this setup.
We get it, you're done with this. You don't have to tell us that. This thread is for us having fun, and beating the Elite 4 after nearly a week of tries has got me hyped.

They are going to do all Gens?
Can't do DS gens as long as Nintendo is selling those games and systems.

If you're gonna do nothing but whine, leave. This thread is for us having fun, and beating the Elite 4 after nearly a week of tries has got me hyped.

We definitely earned that win. Still kind of sad I couldn't see it live (I missed it by A FEW MINUTES), but it was a fun ride seeing our team inch closer (or trip backwards) with every attempt.

Cess007

I will watch only to see again the return of the Ledge 1.0 and Giovani Maze :). Also, i hope we get the Helix Fossil again; i don't know how i would feel if we get the Dome this time :p

An-Det

Fire Red is going to be interesting after the mythology built up the first time around. Really curious to see how it goes this time around. Shame they didn't choose Blue the first time around so it could be a blue verse/red verse like
Fringe

Top Bottom