• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Stream of Knack directly from PS4

Sean

Banned
So does the PS4 not stream in HD or something?

I've only used Twitch a few times before (months ago) but I could've sworn there was YouTube-like quality toggles before. I haven't seen it on any of the PS4 Twitch streams I've watched so far, they are all terrible quality.

darkwing

So does the PS4 not stream in HD or something?

I've only used Twitch a few times before (months ago) but I could've sworn there was YouTube-like quality toggles before. I haven't seen it on any of the PS4 Twitch streams I've watched so far, they are all terrible quality.

its dependent on the broadcasters upload speed

JeTmAn81

Is there any way to incorporate the sony camera to broadcast your face as well like so many other streamers do?

The guy doing the Knack stream was using the camera to show himself during the stream. The Resogun guy didn't have the camera hooked up so nothing. It looks like the layout options are currently pretty limited but hopefully as time goes by it will become more customizable.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I don't see any way to chat via gamepad, so I'm trying not to ignore you. Still getting used to the DS4, so don't mind my suckage. Yes, my up speed sucks.

Dragon

Banned
I don't see any way to chat via gamepad, so I'm trying not to ignore you. Still getting used to the DS4, so don't mind my suckage. Yes, my up speed sucks.

Yeah I wonder if you could use the playstation app on ios/android to do this. Seems weird you couldn't, but I guess if you have the Camera you have the mic anyway.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
That was pretty cool. It took all of less than a minute to get up and running. Really impressed.

That Polygon jab was hilarious.

Something like: Polygon said the controller doesn't last long... We've been playing for more than 9 hours on a one hour charge.

lol

Tobor

I've been watching a different Knack stream then the one in the OP. Two takeaways:

1. Knack looks all right. Nothing fantastic, but, I'm going to have fun with it.

2. The Twitch functionality built in to PS4 is super impressive! I'm sort of stunned this can be done so easily and at such high quality with nothing but the console.

UnrealEck

Turns out you can apparently stream PS4 fullscreen and get rid of those borders. I think it takes away your webcam though. Surely Sony will give the option to have the game fullscreen and the webcam on top in a corner in a future patch for it.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Turns out you can apparently stream PS4 fullscreen and get rid of those borders. I think it takes away your webcam though. Surely Sony will give the option to have the game fullscreen and the webcam on top in a corner in a future patch for it.
They already have that. There are 3 views.

Joystiq had that view up yesterday while streaming AssCreed.

Top Bottom