• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch targets butt streams with new rule banning 'content that focuses on intimate body parts for a prolonged period of time'

Draugoth

Gold Member
r85wFrA3ZWPCyLx8mCfc4o-970-80.png.webp
It's best if you imagine Twitch's latest rules update being read by a downtrodden, barely present spokesperson.

"Content on Twitch is always evolving," they mutter, unable to recall how many versions of that statement they've composed before. "And we want to make sure our rules work as intended and keep up with emerging behaviors."
The behavior that emerged this time is streaming games on butts. That is, using one's posterior like a green screen, overlaying a gameplay feed on it. (Or just pointing a camera at your butt.)

If streaming Fortnite on your butt or watching other people stream Fortnite on their butts is something you enjoy, you'd better get your butt streaming in soon, because this is one emergent behavior Twitch isn't going to let continue. On Friday, "content that focuses on intimate body parts for a prolonged period of time will not be allowed," the site announced.

Twitch has updated its sexual content guidelines with the new rule.

Source

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Twitch needs to stop pussyfooting around and just send these thots packing to MFC where they belong. Otherwise they're just going to be playing this stupid game of cat and mouse for as long as possible
Easier said then done.

On one hand Twitch wants these people as it draws viewers, so they cant go full ban hammer. They want a balance.

It's like hearing about the old Tommy Hilfiger days on their policy about theft. They let it some of it slide as having their stolen shirts and sweaters out there drew in more customers helping the brand in the long run.

Kabelly

I wanted to see what was all the hub bub was about a clicked on some random girls stream yesterday. There was her and then beside her was a screen with her ass i'm assuming. The funny thing was there was this mouse widget that was like a mallet and you could "spank" or hit the mallet on the ass when you clicked. Didn't realize how scandalous these streams were. Doesn't bother me. Get that bag girls.

TransTrender

Gold Member
Holy shit how embarrassing.
I get it that this stuff brings in money that floats the business, but what an unsavory product.

Fbh

Twitch needs to stop pussyfooting around and just send these thots packing to MFC where they belong. Otherwise they're just going to be playing this stupid game of cat and mouse for as long as possible

The problem is that they probably need every penny they can get.
Twitch has never been profitable so they can't afford to start kicking out these thots that probably bring in decent viewership and money.

Cyberpunkd

Twitch has never been profitable so they can't afford to start kicking out these thots that probably bring in decent viewership and money.
If you are not profitable your business model is rubbish. I will always value a small SME more over a stupid startup unicorn that is losing money and only staying afloat due to VC money.

NickFire

If you are not profitable your business model is rubbish. I will always value a small SME more over a stupid startup unicorn that is losing money and only staying afloat due to VC money.
Pretty women in thongs sitting on see through chairs is not a rubbish business model!!!!!

As long as they wipe properly.

nush

Easier said then done.

On one hand Twitch wants these people as it draws viewers, so they cant go full ban hammer. They want a balance.

It's like hearing about the old Tommy Hilfiger days on their policy about theft. They let it some of it slide as having their stolen shirts and sweaters out there drew in more customers helping the brand in the long run.
That was Microsoft’s opinion on piracy back in the day. It’s making people familiar with their software.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
Ur acting like twitch isn't owned by Amazon :messenger_grinning_squinting:

Solarstrike

Gold Member
Twitch is mad they aren't profiting off it. Next they'll have a Adult's Only version of Twitch.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

I mean... its not difficult to see who keeps ruining the party at twitch, just grow some balls and ban them for good. This same woman has done this shit like what 3 times now.

She is going to keep pushing the system non stop. In any real world situation you would just get rid of this person.

"for prolonged periods of time" that's totally not vague at all!

The thots will continue to push the boundaries because twitch is a great platform to promote their OFs, and doing these stunts only gives them even more exposure. The problem I have is Twitch just refuses to outright ban them, which would solve the problem entirely. Instead it has created arbitrary rules that look like they are doing something but it's really just safe spaces or loopholes for these thots to exploit, like calling body painting "art" or creating the hottub category.

If you have a OF and need to promote yourself, Twitch is great for reaching to those under 18 demographic.

Ce'Nedra

Neo Member
Saw those shitty recommendation yest and was sad ad fuck, is like there cannot be any quiet place without these thots around sexualizing everything :/

Tams

I don't really know what to say at this point other than to laugh. We truly are reaching a point of gross excess.

If the roles were reversed and men were exhibiting these sort of predatory behavior to lure young women, everyone would condemn them.

Even if the platform enables this stuff, the responsibility lies on these women.

The main thing behind that is that most men... just don't care. We're not really sensitive or offended by it, and a considerable number of us like it (secretly or not).

If you want to put your T&A, and sometimes more, on public display around the world... errr... cool? I won't be putting my junk up, but that's my choice.

All of this should be in the adult realm though, even if adolescents will try their hardest to get into it.

E-Cat

Good, this shit is out of control. Young men should not be watching this garbage.
Whatever happens, happens. The marketplace is always at an equilibrium. This is the human condition. It’s no more, or less, ”out of control” than anything else. All apropos of nothing

thefool

I don't really know what to say at this point other than to laugh. We truly are reaching a point of gross excess.

The main thing behind that is that most men... just don't care. We're not really sensitive or offended by it, and a considerable number of us like it (secretly or not).

If you want to put your T&A, and sometimes more, on public display around the world... errr... cool? I won't be putting my junk up, but that's my choice.

All of this should be in the adult realm though, even if adolescents will try their hardest to get into it.

I know men don't care.
My issue is that these women are targeting children, twitch can only do so much.

Last edited:
Top Bottom