• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitter suspends 3 Daily Stormer accounts (& more neo-Nazis being banned by services)

Actually it's a public company now

But then, phone companies are companies, most of them private firms or publicly traded. If a phone company refused to carry Trump's calls, that would be just as problematic.

Companies can't exert direct power over a President, any president. It's getting into really weird territory.

The comment on a private company is private vs public sector. Twitter is a publicly owned company in the private sector.

MUnited83

For you.

But then, phone companies are companies, most of them private firms or publicly traded. If a phone company refused to carry Trump's calls, that would be just as problematic.

Companies can't exert direct power over a President, any president. It's getting into really weird territory.

I hate Trump, hate him, but that's just my thoughts on why Twitter wouldn't and shouldn't suspend him. You don't have to agree.

Now, it's still a private company. Publicly owned doesn't mean it's a public company.

Lime

Wow, three whole nazi twitter accounts?

FYI, Twitter know who the nazis are, they block all of them in France and Germany, yet they refuse to do so in the US.

I hate Trump, hate him, but that's just my thoughts on why Twitter wouldn't and shouldn't suspend him. You don't have to agree.
Private as opposed to government owned.

Forgive me while I roll my eyes. Twitter's only doing this because of how big Charlottesville blew up. Once it blows over they'll go right back to not giving a fuck.

Sulik2

I really hope this is the start of a trend of American businesses censoring alt-right organizations. The first amendment needs to be modified to ban hate speech, but at least private organizations can start censoring it on their own or refusing service. Now we just need advertisers to start pulling out of places like Brietbart or Fox News.

Top Bottom