• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

U.S. gas prices drifting lower

Status
Not open for further replies.

KyleCross

I'm loving it. Things were so fucking rough back during the $4-$5 gallon days, our '91 Honda Accord was NEVER full... we just couldn't do it.

A voice in the back of my head keeps going "It won't last, enjoy it while you can." and I wish it'd shut up.

Vestal

Gold Member
When I see it below 2 dollars I feel like going to the next person in the gas station and say " YOUR GAS IS ON ME!!!"

Why are they lowering prices? Tax the shit out of gas prices, and put the extra money into cleaner sources of energy and electric cars.
Regressive taxation sure is great for the poor and middle class. You want change? Start it at the top, not the middle down.

ATF487

My only worry is that this is going to cause renewable adoption to slow as the short term economic case for cheap gas will blind people to the long-term need to find something sustainable...

But for now, I'll have to continue to be part of the problem and try to enjoy my cheap prices.

Word. Cheap gas prices have also made my decision to lease a Camry a year ago a little less silly. The car only gets like 28mpg :-

No Love

Banned
The gas station by my house has gas for $3.70+ a gallon. Costco and other stations 1.5 miles down the street have it for $2.65+. What a scam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom