• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft Assassin's Creed teaser [Update: Protvino Russia - Proton Accelerator Town]

I look forward to characters named Nikolai, Vladimir, and Sergei.

Look no further. Nikolai Orelov

20131014073113!ACI-Nikolai.png

CornDogg

Wonder if they'll ever kill off the white robes/hood.

It kind of made sense in some of the earlier games, since robes were more commonly worn in some of the older time periods they've showcased and could, in theory, help the assassin to blend in.

At some point, though, it seems like they'd just draw more attention.

BadHand

There's no way it would be set in this town, it's only been recognized as a town since 1989 according to Wikipedia - can't see it having much a populace going back 100 years. Those coordinates will probably just be a location of a piece of Eden or something.

I could see it set within the entire Moscow region though, Bolshevik revolution would be amazing.

Quentyn

I don't think it's about AC 5. On AC Initiates site, there is an ongoing modern day story. At this moment the story takes place in Russia. Few weeks before it was in Japan.

Yea, this seems likely. I just logged into their site and the story moved from Moscow to Vladivostok. Protvino is probably just the next location for their online thing.

will be overly disappointed if Russia...one of the most uninteresting places imaginable to me. Bring on Ancient Egypy, industrial revolution, cowboys, feudal japan...hell even ww2

PowderedToast

It kind of made sense in some of the earlier games, since robes were more commonly worn in some of the older time periods they've showcased and could, in theory, help the assassin to blend in.

I think connors outfit was technically a coat, but yes it was still very loud. they need to be more clever moving forward imo. even ezio was pushing it for me.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.

they already have in some cases

UbiWorkshop_New_GraphicNovel-2.jpg

avaline.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The UBI one before ACIV's release was the same thing, but without Edward:

AC3_5years_710x390tcm1977449.jpg

and UBI uses the one with Edward for the log in screen for AC Initiates.

It still means nothing though, they just wanted to rep all their assassin's.

Ah, right. I didn't realise it had official lineage.

Empty

i loath assassins creed normally but will buy and stan if the next one is set in revolutionary russia or any russian time period. lawd.

they already have in some cases

UbiWorkshop_New_GraphicNovel-2.jpg

avaline.png

I quite liked the Bayou Assassin outfit for Aveline:

ACE-AvelineVoodoo.png

tumblr_moaf99Rw0K1s8fzxso6_1280.jpg

and one thing I really liked about Liberation and the HD version, was that they actually had the bright idea to have her change clothes to be less conspicuous! And when she walked around in her Assassin garb, she always had at least 1 bar noteriety! Smart yo, if only the Persona System was a little more free form instead of it telling you want to wear before the mission starts:

Leunam

You're right that they would draw a ton of attention, but I really dig the 'hiding in plain sight' sort of thing.

will be overly disappointed if Russia...one of the most uninteresting places imaginable to me. Bring on Ancient Egypy, industrial revolution, cowboys, feudal japan...hell even ww2

What? It's mighty interesting if you ask me.
Different culture, could be set in the time of the communist revolution where Tsardom is at its downfall. Big stuff happened there.

The great russian during the Tsar and the russian revolution is a very epic, beautiful and romantic period. It could work. Hunting bear in the snow, infiltrating beautiful palace like Catherine's. Would dig

So the plot will involve an experiment/accident at the Rosatom proton accelerator which sends the character back in time, perhaps revolutionary Russia, though it could be anywhere really.

Logash

This makes me want to finish off that AC4 platinum I've been wanting to get to. I can't wait for the next AC game's official announcement! Should be soon since we are getting hints and they usually announce at this time!

atr0cious

Oh wow, that pretty much confirms it!?

Same, on that pic with all Assassins he looks by far the worst.

How does he look the worst? He's got a fur assassin's coat on. How is that not badass? It's gonna look like Peta got a hold of him, after the games over.

I stopped playing at Brotherhood, but will play if this is in Russia. I'm a commie at heart.

Next-gen fur tech is gonna be the new colored lighting.

obin_gam

Meh, I wanted Black Flag 2 instead :( I cant give a damn about AssCreed generally, but Black Flag is the best game I've played since Skyrim.

Aces&Eights

Not going to lie. I would not be against climbing the Kremlin and running through Red Square in a WWI era Soviet Union.

L~A

I'm pretty sure someone from Ubisoft said that there'd be a hint as to the location of ACV in the comic, so if that Russian dude appears in there...

Mendax

I'm pretty sure someone from Ubisoft said that there'd be a hint as to the location of ACV in the comic, so if that Russian dude appears in there...

the hint was supposed to be in Brahman, the Russian dude appears in the older ones (the chain and the fall).

I havent read brahman but apparently the hint is that ubi is interested in colonial india, sounds good to me.

Mendax

Meh, I wanted Black Flag 2 instead :( I cant give a damn about AssCreed generally, but Black Flag is the best game I've played since Skyrim.

I would dare to make a bet that they either make black flag 2 or a standalone pirates game (they hinted at one in a post-ac4 survey) after the success of black flag. But 2014 is too soon for either game though so we get another ac game from a different studio first this year.

Top Bottom