• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft E3 Press Conference Thread 2016 I #UbiE3

Ubisoft

Results are only viewable after voting.
Great conference Ubisoft. Your Wildlands demo ran a tad bit long, but it was still impressive. Loved that you are delivering 3 games this holiday season that aren't FPS titles. Really hoping Ubisoft sticks around.

Alienfan

Best E3 in a while, a focus on the here and now, the game's coming out in the next 6 months as opposed CGI concepts. People saying "no meagtons", what did you really expect with everything being leaked before hand?

Microsoft 8/10
Ubisoft 7/10
Bethesda 7/10
EA 5/10

Alienous

It feels like Ubisoft got the message about showing things too early, but having pulled the trigger on reveals like Wildlands early they didn't have the punch to elevate this press conference.

Ah well. It's on Sony now.

Probably my show of e3 so far. Loved the look of south Park,steep and even the ghost recon game. Most surprising is how much I want to play the star trek vr game.

deli2000

Best E3 in a while, a focus on the here and now, the game's coming out in the next 6 months as opposed CGI concepts. People saying "no meagtons", what did you expect with everything being leaked before hand?

People want sequels and remakes instead of new IP's.

i guess some people can't be pleased lol, that was a really great conference

Agree, south park, for honor and steep looked fresh and fun to me. Hell even watchdogs 2 seems to improve significantly on the original and i'm excited exploring that city with that smooth parkour system.

Azalean

Banned
EA: D-
Bethesda: D
Ubisoft; C-
Microsoft: C-

Very underwhelming E3 so far. Hope Sony can surprise us. Still disappointed Nintendo isn't revealing NX. That could really have given me something to look forward to.

Archtreyz

I actually really liked the show. They had gameplay for EVERY game they showed, which is pretty awesome. Steep looks cool, and I'm very excited for South Park. I just feel like the conference would have been stronger without the Assassins Creed movie bit.

weekev

Banned
Nintendo is going to win E3.

😵

Thought For Honor looked cool.

Wish I could see Sony live but I need to sleep. Excited to wake up. See the Sony conference and finally see some Zelda gameplay.

Nintendo strategy of only showing 1 game but hey its better than anything else shown to pay off? They are looking good for second place atm.

Surely Sony will blow it out the park with the year of dreams 2.0 #believe

+ Aiesha Tyler was great
+ Steep looks promising
+ they didn't take themselves too seriously

Tossup: star trek

- Cringe fake VoIP "banter" in the GR demo
- WD2 looks.... Meh.
- wayyyyyy too long.

JP

I really like the look of Steep, but it's Ubisoft so I'm being cautious at the moment. Loved Grow home so Grow Up is really good news for me.

They really do have the worst presented show each and every year, it's like they still think that the majority of gamers are 13 year old boys rather than grown up men and women. Really poor.

Ubisoft have the most entertaining conferences consistently now, even with some dud games.

Unfortunately, most of their games all feel the same. Open world, social, etc etc. It's just so boring.

Grow Up was the best thing to come from it. Grow Home was a GOTY contender last year, I can't wait.

I'd give Ubisoft's conference a 2/5. The whole Southpark segment was funny and interesting, but the rest wasn't that great. It looks like Wildlands got downgraded because now it looks pretty terrible, Watch Dogs 2 looks like Watch Dogs in a new city without much change to it, and nothing else at their conference was really interesting to me.

Microsoft>Bethesda>Ubisoft>EA.

Lime

"I told people that the cane was filled with candy" :lol

that banter between the For Honor dude and Aisha right now is so good

TI82

Banned
I'm honestly very happy about steep because its a game releasing in December and was just revealed. the long wait times, years even, for some games from reveal to release ruins products with overly high expectations and just all around annoyances.

So yeah ubi, good job !!

offshore

Wacky as ever... Aisha is such a good host.

I guess they just know that it's cringey and awkward, but they don't care. Which is cool, I guess, but it's also a shame, because it would be so much better without it.

oh shit, a potentially fun snowboarding/skiing game incoming? what platforms is it on..? i only catched a glimpse of the trailer but it looked pretty much like what i've wanted for many years now.. used to love Cool Boarders on PS1 back when i could still snowboard a little bit myself.

damn, i wanna go hit the slopes so bad now! i don't know if my shitty ankles could take the punishment anymore though lol.

Ogni-XR21

I really liked this one, but I was going in with very low expectiations. I like Aisha Tyler hosting, I honestly don't get the hate, she seems very authentic to me.

South Park is probably my highlight of everything shown up until now.

dreamfall

The gameplay demos were great. For Honor I really enjoyed and Watch Dogs 2 continues to impress. While I'd definitely buy it, I don't think you close a show with something like Steep. It was wildly impressive but I think people were not expecting a sports game.

1) Way too long
2) Game lineup was really not bad, but something about the presentation had me bored through most of it. I can't quite put my finger on it.

ryseing

I agree with the GB guys. That whole ending bit felt like an appeal to the public in the shadow of the potential Vivendi takeover.

Tad too long, hyped for WD2 and For Honor.

panzone

Uao, one of the worst conferences I've ever seen, on par with Nintendo 2008.

Too much talking, too much unnecessary things (it was really necessary the AC movie segment ?), too much underwhelming games (Steep seems something that can be really boring really fast, The eagle one I don't even know how to comment, For Honor singleplayer seems Ryse without the atmosphere, WD2 seems absolutely unnecessary, Ghost Recon please, come on). Even the presentation itself was really bad.

Only South Park and Trails seemed interesting enough, but not for a two-hour conference.

Do we do ratings now? So far PC > Bethesda > Microsoft >>> Ubi >= EA

Yes, basically. I agree.

mrlion

EA: D-
Bethesda: D
Ubisoft; C-
Microsoft: C-

Very underwhelming E3 so far. Hope Sony can surprise us. Still disappointed Nintendo isn't revealing NX. That could really have given me something to look forward to.

My scores:

EA: F
Bethesda: D-
Ubisoft; D
Microsoft: C

I have no idea what Nintendo is going to show other than Zelda for the Wii U I guess but interest went down after learning that support for the Wii U is dwindling down and its going to die pretty soon anyway.

Josh5890

Honestly I came into this week not expecting much at all from most companies. A lot of big titles have been released in the last 6-12 months so devs are probably still working on concepts. The big news was going to be the announcement of two new consoles (NX and Neo) but they will not be around tonight and tomorrow respectively.

Really unless you are in on VR there won't be all that much to get excited for this E3.

Alienfan

People want sequels and remakes instead of new IP's.
The only way Sony will come out with a "better" conference is if they play it safe, and opt to toy with people's nostalgic strings by announcing a bunch of sequels to franchises that should honestly stay dead.

I want Watch Dogs 2 to be cool, and there's a good story within the idea they have, but I am pretty certain their telling of the story is going to be awful.

Overall, Ubisoft hardly makes any games I care about. South Park will hopefully be awesome, but other than that, I'm not particularly interested in anything they had.

I really don't know what to believe from that Wildlands gameplay demo.

Did the players actually choose to go in with stealth to gather intel as stated, or were they actually required to do so for the mission? Did the VIP only escape in the vehicle because the player allowed himself to be seen, or is that a canned sequence that always happens? Was the chase along the road how that mission really plays out? Or will it be like GTAO and with its waves of enemy vehicles that spontaneously spawn in to kill the players?

I've got no idea what to take away from that demo but all of my spider senses are tingling.

JP

The really dated presentation reminded me of...

rapido(1).jpg

Top Bottom