• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft Gamescom Offer - Games for £1/€1/$1

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Sure, I'll install a ubivirus for HAWX 2 and Driver for a buck a piece.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
If you buy through the uPlay client shop tab, it will keep the game in your library like steam/origin to download in the future.

jOpmH.png
That is actually a nice improvement, the old Ubishop store didn't let you redownload after a few months (1? 3? I think it was 3 tops)

The UPlay client always fucked up the sound in quite a few of the game I've played.

Haven't played an ubi game since they updated it, so hopefully it's been fixed

VaeVictis

Also just bought HAWX 2 so props to Ubi for a good promo (Driver is next).

That said, the layout of the uPlay client is beyond horrible.

Taking a guess you're in Europe somewhere and it's not live in the U.S.? I can't find it on here yet although it's such a shitty system that it's hard to find anything you want...lol

I'm from EU, too and had no problem buying through their on-line shop (DigitalRiver by the way).

$15 for Heroes VI finally sounds doable.

Still 19.49 € ($24) here (down from 29.99€). Guess they are pricing their games regionally as well. Too bad, no sale.

demolitio

Also just bought HAWX 2 so props to Ubi for a good promo (Driver is next).

That said, the layout of the uPlay client is beyond horrible.

I'm from EU, too and had no problem buying through their on-line shop (DigitalRiver by the way).

Still 19.49 € ($24) here (down from 29.99€). Guess they are pricing their games regionally as well. Too bad, no sale.

Thanks, live for me now in NA. I'm assuming it went on Pacific time here instead of starting the same time it did for you guys unless Uplay just didn't update for me. I can finally get HAWX 2 now. :)

guit3457

For me it's €12,00, but whatever; I bought it. Kinda feels like I'm betraying Steam though, but even the standard price is like €20 more than on uPlay, so price > platform in this case.

Really? Maybe they have different prizes according to the European country in which you are. I'm in Spain btw and it's 7.98€ here.

So weird

Papytendo

Can someone post the games and prices since I can't install the client right now?

Thursday: HAWX2 $1
Tintin 75% off $7.50, normally $29.99
Anno 2070 60%off $20.00 normally, $49.99

Friday: From Dust $1
Ass Creed 2 75% off $4.99, normally $19.99
Ass Creed Brotherhood 75% off $4.99, normally $19.99
Ass Creed Revelations 75% off $7.50, normally $29.99
Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands 75% off $4.99, normally $19.99

Saturday: Silent Hunter 5 $1
Shawn White Skateboarding Deluxe Edition 75% off $6.24, normally $24.99
Might and Magic Heroes VI 70% off $15.00, normally $49.99
Might and Magic Heroes VI Pirates of the Savage Sea 25% off $7.49, normally $9.99

Sunday: Driver: San Francisco $1
Settlers 7 Paths to a Kingdom: Deluxe Gold Edition 75% off $7.50, normally $29.99
Splinter Cell: Conviction Deluxe 75% off $6.24, normally $24.99

Even though I've had more trouble with Uplay than any other DRM, I am definitely going for Driver.

Bricky

Really? Maybe they have different prizes according to the European country in which you are. I'm in Spain btw and it's 7.98€ here.

So weird

Hmm, that's strange (and unfair). I'm in the Netherlands BTW. DutchGAF be warned.

Ah well, at least Driver will be the same price everywhere.

E: Seeing the post above, it seems Anno 2070 is even MORE expensive in the U.S.A. Ubisoft pricing is strange.

VaeVictis

Anno 2070 for 7.98€??!! Thats amazing.

Bricky said:
For me it's €12,00, but whatever; I bought it. Kinda feels like I'm betraying Steam though, but even the standard price is like €20 more than on uPlay, so price > platform in this case.

It's 20€ for me down from 49.99€. Regional pricing at its finest.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
All the $1 games are either Deluxe or Gold Editions to boot... I think From Dust only one that isn't

Xanathus

Thursday: HAWX2 $1
Tintin 75% off $7.50, normally $29.99
Anno 2070 60%off $20.00 normally, $49.99

Friday: From Dust $1
Ass Creed 2 75% off $4.99, normally $19.99
Ass Creed Brotherhood 75% off $4.99, normally $19.99
Ass Creed Revelations 75% off $7.50, normally $29.99
Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands 75% off $4.99, normally $19.99

Saturday: Silent Hunter 5 $1
Shawn White Skateboarding Deluxe Edition 75% off $6.24, normally $24.99
Might and Magic Heroes VI 70% off $15.00, normally $49.99
Might and Magic Heroes VI Pirates of the Savage Sea 25% off $7.49, normally $9.99

Sunday: Driver: San Francisco $1
Settlers 7 Paths to a Kingdom: Deluxe Gold Edition 75% off $7.50, normally $29.99
Splinter Cell: Conviction Deluxe 75% off $6.24, normally $24.99

Even though I've had more trouble with Uplay than any other DRM, I am definitely going for Driver.
Thanks a lot. Looks like I'll just get Driver.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Holy shit, for those prices I'd tattoo uPlay on my ass if I had to

I might just buy a lot here

GraveRobberX

For $1 each, why the fuck not

When I have a good enough PC to run it, I'll be like Oh Shit, I have games to play!

So no way these games activate on Steam right????

Only sligthly interested in Driver but not sure if I care enough to have to use their client.

GraveRobberX

So no way these games activate on Steam right????

Only sligthly interested in Driver but not sure if I care enough to have to use their client.

Nope, even tried to put CD key that uPlay sent me just for shits n' giggles into Steam, it only activated a $20 wallet fund into my Steam account, wanted the game =/
I'm Joking FFS!

I'll just chime in to say that Driver is straight up AWESOME.

Whining about uplay is not a permissable excuse not to get Driver.

Do play it. It's great.

Zafir

Meh, they're still using Digital River who refuses to accept any payments from me, regardless of whether I use any card or my paypal account.

Prezhulio

This means all these games will show up at these prices at some point in Steam right, I can wait.

i don't know that anything besides indie games and valve games have been on sale for $1, let alone a relatively recent release like driver:sf. maybe in a year or two, but even then it'll more than likely go to $2.50 (see stuff like just cause 2 that's always going on sale).

iNvid02

This means all these games will show up at these prices at some point in Steam right, I can wait...

no, this offer is to promote their recently revamped uplay service/client

you might see some of the games on steam drop to 4.99 or 2.50, but wont be any lower for years yet

Megasoum

Banned
I already have the standard edition of Driver...I'll probably buy the Deluxe Edition for 4$ just to get the extra 4 missions lol.

So how much is Anno with that discount?

Bricky

I already have the standard edition of Driver...I'll probably buy the Deluxe Edition for 4$ just to get the extra 4 missions lol.

So how much is Anno with that discount?

Depends on where you live. In Europe it varies between the 7 and the 20 euros, in the U.S.A it seems to be 20 bucks.

Megasoum

Banned
Depends on where you live. In Europe it varies between the 7 and the 20 euros, in the U.S.A it seems to be 20 bucks.

Hmm ok, yeah I'm in Canada so US Prices, 20$ is still too much, I'll wait for the Holiday Sale. I'll still pick-up Hawks and Driver tho

I wonder how it works if you already have the standard edition of Driver in your uplay account. I imagine they are considered two separate games? OMG Double the u-play rewards! haha

derExperte

It's 20€ for me down from 49.99€. Regional pricing at its finest.

21,98€ from 54,95€. Maybe because Germany is one of Annos main markets as it originated here and they don't have to make it THAT cheap to sell tons of copies.

Levyne

Banned
I only use Uplay for the 4 little unlocks you can get but you don't even need to buy through Uplay to get those.

Top Bottom