• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 182 |OT| Break Bones - Sponsored By Dude Wipes®

Status
Not open for further replies.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
1tSgBtWl.jpg

It's still real to me dammit
0143_3bqk0.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BT1zrUnuKw

Your champion
0140_puyvk.gif

Main Card (PPV) @ 10PM EST/7PM PST
Jon Jones (c) vs. Daniel Cormier
Donald Cerrone vs. Myles Jury
Brad Tavares vs. Nate Marquardt
Kyoji Horiguchi vs. Louis Gaudinot
Hector Lombard vs. Josh Burkman

Preliminary Card (Fox Sports 1) @ 8PM EST/5PM PST
Danny Castillo vs. Paul Felder
Marcus Brimage vs. Cody Garbrandt
Shawn Jordan vs. Jared Cannonier
Evan Dunham vs. Rodrigo Damm

Who Are These Guys (UFC Fight Pass) @ lol
Omari Akhmedov vs. Mats Nilsson
Alexis Dufresne vs. Marion Reneau

Line
864.png

Honestly, this UFC event will provide more entertainment than the prelim cards. Watch it instead.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=964033

Over/under is 3 eyepokes with no point deduction.
0147_lau18.gif

Promotional consideration provided by Dude Wipes®
2KXHgzR.jpg

iddqd

Got money and a beer bet on DC but my brain says that Jones has enough crazy and length to keep this on the outside and jab himself to a 5 round decision.

I also fear for the Cowboy. Fighting five times in 12 months AND staying up on new years, BAD KARMA!

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
I have a feeling DC is going to get caught in a choke while going for a takedown.

Jones by D'Arce

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
WAR CORMIER!

Been on the DC wagon since he beat Jeff Monson in Strikeforce. Can't stand Jon Jones so it's a double bonus for DC to get the strap off that phony.

I dont think Jones will be able to handle DC's strength. Jones is usually so much bigger than his opponents but DC is used to fighting huge heavyweights. Definitely makes for an interesting match up, but I think DC takes it.

SRTtoZ

Going to BWW with a friend to watch the Rangers game and then this. Will be posting via mobile, really drunk.

I think JJ wins with ease as much as I like Cormier as a fighter. I think JJs reach will be too much and I think he gets caught trying to rush in and drops. I expect a quick finish. Get ready to quote this post later.

Fun fact: That is not Jon Anik in that first gif.

Lol. I remember when people thought it was. All of Sherdog was going crazy over "Jon Anik" getting manhandled.

dem

Jones by nasty elbows

I think his arms to the elbow are longer than Cormiers to the fist

If Barnett couldn't catch DC in a sub, I'm pretty sure JJ can't. The only unknown is whether DC can handle the combination of speed, reach, and weird shit JJ does. I think he'll do it.

DC by ko/tko in 4.

dream

I think this will play out a lot like the Barnett fight, with Danny Cormier throwing Bones Jones around. But I think this ends with the ref pulling Danny off of Bones Jones, in one of those scary finishes where the director orders the cameraman to not shoot the EMTs working on Bones Jones, so that we only see a glimpse of the fallen champion being rushed out of the Octagon on a stretcher, laying still, with an oxygen mask strapped to his face, with Mike Goldberg signing off by saying that Zuffa's prayers are with Bones Jones.

Heel

I think this will play out a lot like the Barnett fight, with Danny Cormier throwing Bones Jones around. But I think this ends with the ref pulling Danny off of Bones Jones, in one of those scary finishes where the director orders the cameraman to not shoot the EMTs working on Bones Jones, so that we only see a glimpse of the fallen champion being rushed out of the Octagon on a stretcher, laying still, with an oxygen mask strapped to his face, with Mike Goldberg signing off by saying that Zuffa's prayers are with Bones Jones.

ib2akwYDvkuasU.gif

I haven't paid much attention to the UFC since around the time Rampage went and lost his mind on the highway. Who am I rooting for on this card, comrades?

I haven't paid much attention to the UFC since around the time Rampage went and lost his mind on the highway. Who am I rooting for on this card, comrades?
JJ is the more likely to drive off naked at high speed and kill someone if he loses, so I guess root for DC?

Don't know what's gonna happen. I could see any number of results happening. These are two world class guy sat the peak of their powers. Can't wait.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I see Jones winning by TKO via injury.

I'd love to see DC win, as not only is he legit, but with the shit he's been through in his life and kept fighting it would be an amazing personal victory for him and almost something out of a movie.

The bad thing however about a DC victory is that it guarantees Jones an immediate rematch. And knowing DC he'll break his hand in the fight making a rematch impossible until late summer or fall. And Jones will probably win the rematch. And the UFC will immediately book a rubber match. Meanwhile, the winner of Gus/Rumble just sits on the shelf for 12 months and the LHW division stagnates as the only other potential contenders-in-waiting are the winners of Davis/Bader and Rashad/Glover.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Yeah, I just hope there isn't some freak occurrence. Flash guillotine, tko via eyepoke, etc.

Next

you've been right before, so why not.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
I think Jones has been absolutely obnoxious with all this pre fight crap and its been so bad that I've gone from being a Jones slappy to pulling for DC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom