• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 214 |OT| Jones vs Cormier 2 - Dad Bod vs Coke Bod ft.

Yeah it's a bummer. By all accounts DC is a damn good dude in real life.

Thing is I think his personality for the masses might be a little to vanilla / plain especially in comparison to someone like Jones who is currently full heel / not giving a fuck. People love drama and Jones brings tons of it
Jones has no personality though.

Jones by DEC

Woodley by TKO

Cyborg by MURDER

Lawler by TKO

Manuwa by KO

Lamas by DEC (SPLIT)

Barão by DEC

Ortega by DEC

Fili by TKO

Curran by DEC

Shelton by TKO

Burkman by SUB

That was a nice KO. Didn't even get to finish posting my predictions before that shit went down.

Tell me about it. Was it ever stated why he doesn't like Luke and snubbed him the way he did?

Here is what I'm referring to, for those who aren't aware.

https://youtu.be/zRhuxHa5gXI

No one really knows. It was super bizarre, especially because out of all the journalists out there Luke Thomas has probably defended Jones the most. He even got lots of hate for defending Jones back when he was fucking up

Luke said he asked Jones team if they knew what the issue was and they said as far as they knew Jones was cool with him. Jones seems like the type of dude that takes petty things super seriously though so who knows maybe Luke said something this past week analyzing the fight Jones didn't like

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
FXX? Fox trying to get out of the UFC game immediately or something? I assumed they wanted people to see the prelims for this card, but maybe I'm naive.

Didn't see but Burkman needs to be cut. He's lost 7 of 8 fights. Not sure how he was even in UFC before this.

Yeah I was honestly shocked to see that he was still in the UFC when they announced this fight. I figured he would have been cut already.

His record over his last 8 fights is terrible and hes's almost 37. Its time to hang em up man

Since we've got the time...

It's obvious Woodley is an elite WW and champion calibre, but can he steal the GOAT mantle from GSP? It's certainly not going to be easy, especially not when GSP retired with the belt after 9 title defenses. I don't think Tyron has that much time left in the sport, so he has to make up for quantity with quality. Is that possible?

Lawler and Wonderboy are all impressive wins, and before that he had very impressive performances against Gastelum, Kim, Condit, Hieron and Koscheck.

Who else can he beat right now, aside from Maia, that puts him in serious contendership for GOAT WW status? I can see him end up as the #3 guy, I can even see him supplant Matt Hughes as the #2 guy, but GSP is a tough one. I don't think wins over Cerrone and Masvidal - two guys that could still fight at LW and would probably be best at home at a 165 division - will do much to boost Woodley's chances.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Since we've got the time...

It's obvious Woodley is an elite WW and champion calibre, but can he steal the GOAT mantle from GSP? It's certainly not going to be easy, especially not when GSP retired with the belt after 9 title defenses. I don't think Tyron has that much time left in the sport, so he has to make up for quantity with quality. Is that possible?

Lawler and Wonderboy are all impressive wins, and before that he had very impressive performances against Gastelum, Kim, Condit, Hieron and Koscheck.

Who else can he beat right now, aside from Maia, that puts him in serious contendership for GOAT WW status? I can see him end up as the #3 guy, I can even see him supplant Matt Hughes as the #2 guy, but GSP is a tough one. I don't think wins over Cerrone and Masvidal - two guys that could still fight at LW and would probably be best at home at a 165 division - will do much to boost Woodley's chances.

Not a chance. He has too many losses that he never won back and he only has two title defenses, one draw and one of the worst title fights in years. He's very good, but even if GSP comes back and loses to him it doesn't make Woodley the best ever. If Woodley fights till he's 40 and keeps the title then we can have a discussion about it, but most likely he just hit his stride too late to be considered the best.

HOLY FUCK WHO CARES ABOUT THE FIGHT

This ref is a fucking viking

Mike Beltran is awesome and also a super nice dude.

That stache is next level legendary

13391271_1127223520674242_705620258_n.jpg

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
The problem is once you notice him, all night when it starts to drag you might pay more attention to the clacker ball behavior of his beard than the fight itself. Risk missing a big moment in a slow fight.

Oscar

Did a small Hail Mary parlay for this event.

Ortega/Manuwa/Lawler/Woodley/Jones

Risk $10 to win $117.

Time to enjoy some high quality violence.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
I am so excited for this event, more than pretty much any event in recent memory.

That guard pull by Albu was one of the dumber things I've seen in a UFC fight in a minute.

That shit don't work at the top of the game unless you are a naaaaasty BJJ practitioner / very very good guard.

Most UFC level people aren't getting subbed that often in full guard anymore

Watching the UFC 114 Countdown show before the prelims start and my God this could be an amazing card! Fingers crossed everyone delivers tonight.

Oscar

Albu has questionable fight IQ, really odd calls.

Basically the 115 Brock Lesnar. Just a roided up gorilla getting by on strength alone.

Top Bottom