• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 241: Cormier vs. Miocic 2

Haven’t heard a peep out of Romero
I was just wondering this too. That's another monster fight from the Roid League that people should not overlook. Costa and Romero are both monsters. I literally couldn't even pick who i'd think win. I just hope they can make weight.

And I REALLY hope for no injuries and surprises between here and Saturday.

Last edited:
Weigh-in's are happening now. Here's hoping Romero/Costa isn't an issue. If they both fail or only one does, I hope they still do the fight.

what is cbd

It is a commonly used marijuana extract that is said to be able to help treat things ranging from pain to depression/anxiety all the way to autism. I think it has some benefits (I've used it a bit myself and we tried it on our autistic son with little success) but there is a bit of the old naturopathic snake-oil hype behind it as well.

There have been lots of news stories hailing it as a miracle treatment for autism and seizures especially but it didn't help our son in that regard the way it has for some others. Overall, it seems to be a fairly harmless substance since it doesn't get you high like THC and there may be some benefit to its use as well.

HarryKS

If they are they’re on some undetectable shit

It's just designer ones. And top-notch cycling.

Costa's jaw(+neck) is a dead giveaway. Probably been on the juice since his teens. Great hair and face though. He's a superstar in the making.

I think I am changing my pick to Diaz. He looks big, man. Looks strong.

I hope we see a great performance from Nate, if that happens its an easy win for him. To quote another GAF member " We haven't seen Nate at the top of his game, he's a triathlete so has cardio for days, boxing & ground game very good. If he gets close to it, it will be special".

SpiceRacz

I hope we see a great performance from Nate, if that happens its an easy win for him. To quote another GAF member " We haven't seen Nate at the top of his game, he's a triathlete so has cardio for days, boxing & ground game very good. If he gets close to it, it will be special".

Last I checked, Pettis was the favorite. The only reason for that is he's been fighting recently. People forget that Pettis hasn't looked like quite the same since like 2014/2015 (USADA came in. This doesn't get mentioned enough.). Granted, he's been fighting a really high level of competition, but that's not the same guy we were watching 7 or 8 years ago. I expect Nate to win, even if he comes in a bit rusty. Which I don't think will be the case.

Stupid, but I thought Stipe was ahead in the fight, before he got KO'd. So maybe he can fight smarter and win? Probably not. Unrelated, but he talks waaaaay too quickly. I can barely understand a word the mush mouthed motherfucker says.

Stupid, but I thought Stipe was ahead in the fight, before he got KO'd. So maybe he can fight smarter and win? Probably not. Unrelated, but he talks waaaaay too quickly. I can barely understand a word the mush mouthed motherfucker says.
not having any problem understanding him, however the guy from GamerNexus... my GOD.

KOMANI

KOMANI
Last I checked, Pettis was the favorite. The only reason for that is he's been fighting recently. People forget that Pettis hasn't looked like quite the same since like 2014/2015 (USADA came in. This doesn't get mentioned enough.). Granted, he's been fighting a really high level of competition, but that's not the same guy we were watching 7 or 8 years ago. I expect Nate to win, even if he comes in a bit rusty. Which I don't think will be the case.
To be fair he did KO a bigger guy in wonderboy and almost KOed Ferguson in one round.
I’m rooting on Pettis here. I like both Diaz and Pettis, but I don’t see a third fight with Conor if Diaz wins. I’d rather see Pettis fight more top guys since he’s more active.

Ornlu

Banned
To be fair he did KO a bigger guy in wonderboy and almost KOed Ferguson in one round.
I’m rooting on Pettis here. I like both Diaz and Pettis, but I don’t see a third fight with Conor if Diaz wins. I’d rather see Pettis fight more top guys since he’s more active.

I'm never sold on Pettis...he's had some awesome fights, and some awesome wins, then gone on to lose fights he had no business losing.

KOMANI

KOMANI
I'm never sold on Pettis...he's had some awesome fights, and some awesome wins, then gone on to lose fights he had no business losing.
The same can be said about Nate. Nate should have beat Ben Henderson and Josh Thomson. Saying that, I completely agree with you, 100 %.

Dude what the fuck man.

Yoel eats the most insane shots and just is not ever phased. He took fucking sledgehammers from Whittaker in both fights and now this.

Yoel got the TD at the end of the round and looks like he may have a little more energy right now.

Problem is Yoel has spent most of the first two rounds with his back to the fence.

Last edited:
Top Bottom