• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC Fight night 143 - OT

The event will mark the first as part of the promotion's five year contract with ESPN and the first to be broadcast on the network's digital streaming platform ESPN+.
e3b0e-15446333989024-800.jpg

Main card:
Qi5Iwgw.jpg

Prelims:

jKwzrsl.jpg

Early prelims:

eWwKGQ8_d.jpg

Source + betting odds

Champ v champ for main, I'm with cejudo to win. Think power is sacrificed in the move down for Dillashaw.

Last edited:
I’m gonna look over the card and check some fight pass archives of featured fighters I’m not familiar with and make picks on Friday.

I wonder if Paige is actually gonna use a game plan for once in her fight against Rachel.

manfestival

The disrespect of the UFC to put a superfight as the headliner of a Fight Night card. Just shows how trash the UFC views Dillashaw and Cejudo. Props to DJ for going to ONE. Also Cerrone on prelims... eugh. Dennis Bermudez and Te for early prelims is just another trash move just to sell their garbage fight pass. Paige Vanzant getting a main card appearance when the entire prelim card is way more interesting

The disrespect of the UFC to put a superfight as the headliner of a Fight Night card. Just shows how trash the UFC views Dillashaw and Cejudo. Props to DJ for going to ONE. Also Cerrone on prelims... eugh. Dennis Bermudez and Te for early prelims is just another trash move just to sell their garbage fight pass. Paige Vanzant getting a main card appearance when the entire prelim card is way more interesting

I feel you about the title superfight on a FN card but I think the idea was to give the first ESPN card something to get excited about

manfestival

I feel you about the title superfight on a FN card but I think the idea was to give the first ESPN card something to get excited about
It works perfect for UFC cause there is no real loss on their part and they appease the deal. The reality is that it is a win for everyone involved(including the fanbase like ourselves). Just kinda feel from the purist side of things I guess. Also I am willing to give a home to Rachael or Paige... Just sayin!

It works perfect for UFC cause there is no real loss on their part and they appease the deal. The reality is that it is a win for everyone involved(including the fanbase like ourselves). Just kinda feel from the purist side of things I guess. Also I am willing to give a home to Rachael or Paige... Just sayin!

I guess it’s similar to them putting Cain vs JDS HW title on the first FOX card

If Paige loses I wonder where she’ll go. Seems like it’s been forever since she was the rising prospect

YayNJ

Banned
I imagine she will get cut, just like Sage. Obviously different fighters and careers but I've always considered those two like a "buy 1 get 1 free" deal. They are perfect packaged 'all american' creations for a UFC that doesn't exist anymore.

Last edited:
By the way, speaking of being jacked and science:

So Jon Jones post fight test was clean after the Gus fight. But I thought the premise was that these picograms might be in his system forever and it’s the same substance from a year ago.

So which is it? These magic picograms can just come and go as they please?

Hearing Rogan and Schaub discuss this a couple days ago kinda made me skeptical of Joe. He’s full UFC/USADA shilling at this point, worth a listen to

Video not working but check it out if you can

Last edited:
Trying to fast track a star like they did with Sage, Paige, Calvillo, and Till. They are star hungry and will expedite the process for anyone who they think might move the needle
I know I know. Just shocked at how Dana goes about half the stuff he does. I'm watching the card, but to really put dude on the co-main so quickly is really a dumb move on his part.

So Jon Jones post fight test was clean after the Gus fight. But I thought the premise was that these picograms might be in his system forever and it’s the same substance from a year ago.

Hearing Rogan and Schaub discuss this a couple days ago kinda made me skeptical of Joe. He’s full UFC/USADA shilling at this point, worth a listen to

Rogan has to be this way though. It's his main source of income. You can't really shit where you eat.

Rogan has to be this way though. It's his main source of income. You can't really shit where you eat.

I feel like he was more critical of them in the past, or at least somewhat neutral.

Like be blasted them over not signing Ben Askren and questions odd matchups when deserving guys get skipped over (and then goes to record a promo about how awesome the guy who skipped over is).

I mean I feel ya though. I love Joe. He works for the UFC. I just feel like I usually could on him a a voice of reason

manfestival

Video not working but check it out if you can

What is crazy is that picograms are so insanely small yet for some reason it was an ordeal over 7 but for some reason 80-100 picograms is what Novitzky would say should be a red flag. Yet in my mind it still seems like a stupid small number. They claim that these do not affect the system yet... the science isn't quite clear because there has not been enough studying on it. It is a weird situation all together.

Night.Ninja

Banned
who doesn't just use reddit mma streams but then again i have the BT sports app i keep forgetting.

TJ looks like death

Also put the main event fighters in the title

Last edited:
I really couldn't care less between Cejudo and TJ, but I think TJ will pull out the victory. I think the whole division is kinda boring to be honest. TJ lookin' like that dude who shows up to high school parties to sell X. I'm interested in Greg Hardy's debut though as the fights I've seen of him on the smaller promotions have been very impressive. He goes out there and just knocks dudes out in a very decisive fashion. The heavyweights need some more interesting fighters and Hardy has that potential.

Lets say I wanted to watch this but didn't have ESPN+

How does one watch? PM me if need be :messenger_winking:

Just search Reddit, you should be able to find...ways.

Last edited:
Cejudo trying so hard to be relevant yet Dana for sure already knows that flyweight division is out the door as soon as the night ends. He is actually becoming really annoying with his new company man persona. "download the ESPN app", "i will resurrect the division", "i fight for other fighters lives" bla bla bla. That snake stunt was....man just go to your corner.

At the press conference Cejudo straight up asked Dana “if I win we keep the division!” and Dana was just like “ehhh we’ll see.”

I mean fundamentally I support it, but I just find watching it to be pretty boring. Every fighter in any weight class works really hard to get to the UFC and I recognize the effort and tenacity it takes to get on a stage like that. But I would rather watch bigger weight classes that are more interesting. It's strange though as I have no issues watching the women in those classes fight and find them to be pretty fun to watch most of the time, especially fighters like Rose, Joanna, Nunes, Shevchenko, Holms, Zingano, etc, but the men? That shit is just boring.

Last edited:
At the press conference Cejudo straight up asked Dana “if I win we keep the division!” and Dana was just like “ehhh we’ll see.”
Yeah he likes the 125s as much as he likes Woodley.

Will be watching the whole thing tonight, ufc introducing a legacy belt now...

I prefer the old belt. It just looks more legit
I dunno, I like the new belt, it looks pretty professional. It definitely strays from the traditional belts that we're used to, but some of those old belts across the different promotions can come across as pretty tacky bedazzled nightmares, though, the UFC's have been pretty good for the most part.

Last edited:

TrainedRage

Banned
I would gladly have Paige and Rachel beat the dick off me.
6432512-6410443-image-m-15_1542729208505.jpg

file.php

I am watching the event for this fight! My body is(nt) ready!

For the most part I’m picking the favorites tonight.

Exception being I’m taking Rachael over Paige and

Lipski over JoJo

I love cowboy but he looked pretty worn out this week

Last edited:
I love cowboy but he looked pretty worn out this week

I have a lot of admiration for Cerrone and have watched a good majority of his fight in the last 7 years and I always hope he wins when he fights, but he definitely looked real tired and worn out at the conferences and what not. I really hope he wins, but it's hard to deny he has things working against him. I'm gonna stay optimistic for Cowboy though and say he gets the win by submission.

Last edited:
Top Bottom