• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK PS Vita ad claims "September" release for Minecraft?

The question is now who would buy a 200$ hardware only to play Minecraft pocket. You can get a 360 or PS3 for the same price and you can get a superior version of the game on these platforms. I don't doubt many will buy it but I don't see this reviving the Vita for a long period of time.

This probably would have been a great idea two years ago before the game spreads to every platforms but as anything Vita related Sony has been really slow to come up with great ideas.

It's not the pocket version. It's the same version as the last gen consoles including the updates

MUnited83

For you.
The question is now who would buy a 200$ hardware only to play Minecraft pocket. You can get a 360 or PS3 for the same price and you can get a superior version of the game on these platforms. I don't doubt many will buy it but I don't see this reviving the Vita for a long period of time.

This probably would have been a great idea two years ago before the game spreads to every platforms but as anything Vita related Sony has been really slow to come up with great ideas.

Not pocket. It's the same version as PS3/360

Dugna

Just having a Minecraft Themed vita would sell like crazy, including the game makes it even better. I bet there are some rabid collectors of minecraft stuff out there.

Takao

Banned
What are the chances this release totally revitalizes the Vita? 10%? 12%?

0% because Sony is the kind of company that won't push it. At least in the US, it seems their holiday Vita bundle is going to consist of LittleBigPlanet + Tearaway, two games children have likely never heard of.

Maligna

Banned
0% because Sony is the kind of company that won't push it. At least in the US, it seems their holiday Vita bundle is going to consist of LittleBigPlanet + Tearaway, two games children have likely never heard of.

This is so sad and true.

Just having a Minecraft Themed vita would sell like crazy, including the game makes it even better. I bet there are some rabid collectors of minecraft stuff out there.

Sony could at least use the white/lime green Vita Slim if they cared to make a bundle and market it. If they cared that is.

/crys

kadotsu

Banned
A year ago this would've been huge but the mobile app is catching up in functionality so the Vita version might become redundant.

barit

The only game that can save the Vita in the West. I pray Sony knows this and advising the shit out of it.

jeremy1456

Minecraft won't save the Vita. No way now how.

"Minecraft just came out on the Vita." "What's a Vita?" "I don't know, but you can get it cheaper on the App Store so let's play on our phones!"

Carl

Considering we still don't have a release date for August, i wouldn't be surprised if they all got pushed to september

Minecraft won't save the Vita. No way now how.

"Minecraft just came out on the Vita." "What's a Vita?" "I don't know, but you can get it cheaper on the App Store so let's play on our phones!"

Sad but true, if they don't already have Minecraft, no kid will beg its parents to buy a £200 Vita when the parent could get a tablet

Skele7on

Banned
They need to push the Vita as a portable Minecraft machine with a nice bundle. I think it would legitimately save the system, given enough mindshare.

What? Sorry as a PS4 owner the Vita is already saved by remote play.

Sure it'll sell if they do this kind of marketing, but I don't see the Vita as being doomed.

Sorry for the bump, is there any news on this? Several blogs have reported on it now, but 4J haven't commented..

Nothing that I've seen but honestly it wouldn't surprise me at this point.

4J seems to be one of the slowest developers on the planet. They really should be catching more heat for how slow they work.

It's way closer to the £130-150 price range.

Really? haven't looked at price since i bought one, but i suppose a lower price point could swing some people to buying a Vita over a Tablet, but then this is children they will get what the rich kids buy or aspire to it...ipads

Imagine a green Vita with the creeper face on the back of it.

It would sell millions.

That would be so wavy, like they should legitimately consider this (they won't). Promoting a Minecraft Bundle during launch and throughout the holiday period could crank out some damn good Vita sales and ROI. I don't think it'd sell millions in the immediate term nor even anything mindblowing but given its current marketshare no one is realistically expecting that; however good, consistent marketing can go a long way. How popular is Minecraft in Europe? I'd expect SCEE would give it better treatment than SCEA would.

Top Bottom