• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 getting physical release on PS4/XBO

Zalman

http://www.capcom-unity.com/harriso...vs-capcom-3-physical-version-coming-march-7th

For fans of the Marvel vs. Capcom series, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 will be available digitally on both Xbox One™ and Steam beginning on March 7th for $24.99. Additionally, limited edition physical versions of Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 on PlayStation®4 and Xbox One™ will be available on the same day for $29.99 including an exclusive comic! Hit the jump for more details.

The limited edition physical versions (PlayStation®4, Xbox One™) will feature everything included in the standard digital release, plus updated cover art and an exclusive comic featuring original art from Marvel’s own Sean Chen and Gerardo Sandoval. The all-new comic book is a must-have for collectors and fans of the series and tells the story of two colliding universes featuring some of the most iconic Marvel and Capcom characters in its 10 full pages of action packed story. To secure your copy of this limited release you can preorder now at GameStop and EB Games.

UMVC3_PackageIllustration.jpg

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Wolverine and Ryu being front and center in that image. WolverineCrush.jpg

Well, no shit it was going to be a disc. Don't know why everyone pointed to that one MvC2 PS3 release for proof that this was a code in a box.

That said, the updated cover art and new comic is more effort than usual for Capcom re-releases. Nice
Not trying to argue but wasn't the first release of Ducktales also a digital code? I think that also contributed to the question of whether it was going to be on disk or not.

Still preordering it though.

Not trying to argue but wasn't the first release of Ducktales also a digital code? I think that also contributed to the question of whether it was going to be on disk or not.

Still preordering it though.

It was, but they were also pretty explicit about it being a digitial code, same as they were about the MvC2 LE. I feel like they would have said it was a code in a box already if that was the case.

But then again this is Capcom, so maybe I'm giving them too much credit here.

I-hate-u

What bunch of BS I should have waited instead of buying it online.

Like, can you not suck for once, Capcom? Even with good news you stumble.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
It was, but they were also pretty explicit about it being a digitial code, same as they were about the MvC2 LE. I feel like they would have said it was a code in a box already if that was the case.

But then again this is Capcom, so maybe I'm giving them too much credit here.

By the same token, if it was going to be a disc, they would have already said so given all the comments and feedback after they originally announced this asking the very same question.

Like all they have to add to this PR release is "on a disc!".
Instead they've continually avoided answering the question.

I'm in for both the PS4 and Xbone physical copies of the game. Also will buy the Xbone and Steam copy digitally.

I must have every single version of this game - damn licensing issues.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I love that physical releases are becoming a thing again, even for smaller games... not that UMVC3 is small, but you know what I mean.

wiibomb

cross posting from the B/S/T thread sine I don't have any option to get this one myself

may be someone here could help me, I need to order this item from gamestop, but that store doesn't ship to my forwrding service address, so, may be someone can order it and ship it to me afterwards?

http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3-only-at-gamestop/139530

I would, of course, pay for everything, I just need someone to receieve it and send it to me

Neoxon

I've always wondered why that group Shinkiro art wasn't the cover before. I'm glad that Marvel & Capcom rectified that mistake now.

JeTmAn81

In for PS4 version. It will be nice to bring this to FGC meetups and have a copy of the game I can just put into anybody's PS4 and go.

Miker

Kind of want to buy it just to have the physical version, 'cause you know that shit gonna be delisted in a few years. But I would also prefer the PC version, and I don't think I'd actually play any version that much besides dicking around with the characters' arcade modes.

modsbox

Is it really possible that they don't include a disc in the box? I didn't realize this had occurred before for 'physical' releases on console.

Would love to buy this to have on physical, but buying it for a dvd case with no disc and a code inside is ridiculous.

I've just been waiting for a sale, but might pick that up, and this a physical that needs to exist since the game is so prone for delisting and important enough to really matter when it happens.

Neoxon

Is it really possible that they don't include a disc in the box? I didn't realize this had occurred before for 'physical' releases on console.

Would love to buy this to have on physical, but buying it for a dvd case with no disc and a code inside is ridiculous.
Capcom has been pretty good about physical releases of older games in recent years (DMC4:SE aside, even though you could just import the Japanese version), so I wouldn't worry too much.

By the same token, if it was going to be a disc, they would have already said so given all the comments and feedback after they originally announced this asking the very same question.

Like all they have to add to this PR release is "on a disc!".
Instead they've continually avoided answering the question.
True. The PR announcement for DuckTales physical release repeatedly said "disc based alternative". Kind of concerning ithat it's ambiguous here.

Top Bottom