• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaowebb

This was the first thing that popped into my mind. Hmm...

Alex
B.B. Hood
Charlie
Donovan
Hinata
M. Bison
Masamune Date
MegaMan Volnutt
Monster Hunter
Regina
Rouge
Tessa

Adam Warlock
Emma Frost
Gambit
Lizard
Lockjaw
Moon Knight
Namor
Psylocke
Sandman
Spider-Woman
Squirrel Girl
Vision

War Machine

I highlighted my faves out of your list. Me likey so many. I still want Wily and some Black guys though. Just seems reasonable to want them given the fanbase for this game being quite largely black with so little representation. You've heard my arguments for Wily. My awesome arguments :D

Frantic

Sometimes I feel this thread is on repeat.

iIEbDmlsPynCX.png

As was MMX, Blade and Black Panther were being considered as well. I think if they have cards, they have greater chances. And if they have cards and appeared in endings, even more so.

Strange, Ghost Rider, Iron Fist all appeared in endings in vanilla as did Nemesis and Wright and Vergil and Firebrand.

Unsure if Strider did.

shaowebb

As was MMX, Blade and Black Panther were being considered as well. I think if they have cards, they have greater chances. And if they have cards and appeared in endings, even more so.

Strange, Ghost Rider, Iron Fist all appeared in endings in vanilla as did Nemesis and Wright and Vergil and Firebrand.

Unsure if Strider did.

Wait...didn't Protoman appear in an ending? I'd accept that choice for a new character.

Lets see...Roll, Protoman, Beat (?_?), Mephisto, Blade, Nightcrawler, Silver Surfer, Batsu, Misty Knight, West Coast Avengers lineup that escapes me (Moon Knight?), Black Panther, Dan, MM Volnutt...who else?

Check for an ESRB rating or something before you start posting more wishlists.

Geez.

But that spoils the fun.

They better add balance changes and new features to the game besides the characters if true. I'll be pissed as hell if it's an 8 character dump.

They would charge for a disc in this case so it can't be a simple dump...

Edit: It would be fucked up if this is fake. It's like kicking someone when they are down.
Good for you I guess.

Tirael

COMMAND MISSION X!

I must stop getting hyped...

Even though that game wasn't extremely popular, I've always loved that design. Heck, I'd love it if they made X a character, and made Command Mission X his DLC alt.

They better add balance changes and new features to the game besides the characters if true. I'll be pissed as hell if it's an 8 character dump.

I really hope so. Some of the bottom tiers seriously need some buffs (would Red Hot Kick M OTG on Joe or cr.H OTG on Hsien-ko make them broken? Really?) and there's a couple nerfs that need to be implemented, at the very least.

shaowebb

No ESRB rating listed...yet.
Cmon man its Capcom. Is this really that farfetched? Besides Mahvel-gaf has been on life support lately. Enjoy it.

Tirael

No ESRB rating listed...yet.
Cmon man its Capcom. Is this really that farfetched? Besides Mahvel-gaf has been on life support lately. Enjoy it.

I'd snap this up in an instant. And yes, it certainly whipped up a storm for a moment, didn't it?

GatorBait

AE online play was still compatible with SSF4, right? If so, I think that is the best way to do this. DLC for the 8 new character concurrent with a release of a refreshed disc, but UMvC3X players can still play against Ultimate players.

I'm guessing this is all one big troll though. Definitely too good to be true.

Sigmaah

Even though that game wasn't extremely popular, I've always loved that design. Heck, I'd love it if they made X a character, and made Command Mission X his DLC alt.

I loved Command Mission and I loved X's new design. I hope they do that too, but lets not get hyped...

shaowebb

AE online play was still compatible with SSF4, right? If so, I think that is the best way to do this. DLC for the 8 new character concurrent with a release of a refreshed disc, but UMvC3X players can still play against Ultimate players.

I'm guessing this is all one big troll though. Definitely too good to be true.

Likely a troll, but it feels good to just talk hopes and dreams about this game having a future again. Its felt like SFxT was where everyone had decided to move on to already. It'd be nice to give folks a reason to focus on this game for at least a good few more years or something.

It its real I wonder if Daredevil would make it out of the background and into the roster.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Likely a troll, but it feels good to just talk hopes and dreams about this game having a future again. Its felt like SFxT was where everyone had decided to move on to already. It'd be nice to give folks a reason to focus on this game for at least a good few more years or something.
Whatever happened to just... playing the game?

shaowebb

Whatever happened to just... playing the game?

Portfolio. For example, I'm drawing while viewing this thread. I'm usually doing something like that when I'm on Gaf. Its why I always seem to have posts across this forum. The game is upstairs and my tablet and compy are downstairs. I announced long ago that I had to give up paying any real attention to grinding anything out near December here. Career first and all. Still its nice to read how things are developing during work sessions.

Oh god seriously Lupinko where you at. Niitsuma said he wanted 58 characters right? 8 new characters and he's got it then. $14.99 for dlc, I'm down with that.

Capcom:
Gene
Jedah
Regina
Any Sengoku Basara Character

Marvel:
Black Cat
Mr. Sinister
Black Panther
Any Spider-Man Villian

If this game is real and not a troll then I would be extremely happy if even one character on my list makes it in.

shaowebb

The easiest thing to do is check out a gamestop tomorrow and see if they got that in their system too.

EDIT: UMVC3X NamcoX Sega published by Banpresto *trollface*

As someone likes yet sucks horribly at this game, is Blazblue CSE worth picking up? Looking for something else to tide me over until TTT2. Liked the first one but I didn't put in enough time into it. Does it have a decent online presence?

It's either BB or SCV.

kirblar

Oh god seriously Lupinko where you at. Niitsuma said he wanted 58 characters right? 8 new characters and he's got it then. $14.99 for dlc, I'm down with that.

Capcom:
Gene
Jedah
Regina
Any Sengoku Basara Character

Marvel:
Black Cat
Mr. Sinister
Black Panther
Any Spider-Man Villian

If this game is real and not a troll then I would be extremely happy if even one character on my list makes it in.
Yeah, the rumor was that they wanted to beat MvC2's character count.

Haha, folks are getting pretty hopeful from something so meager. $15 for 8 new characters is very suspicious.

On the subject of MMX though, I don't see the problem. Plenty of characters had their colors revamped for UMvC3 because those colors mimicked what their DLC outfit would be and they didn't want duplication. It would make a lot of sense for Capcom to use Zero's X outfit for X's character model, and just give Zero players a different DLC outfit. In many cases this might upset people, but the people who bought Zero's outfit probably did so to pretend X is in the game, so I doubt that most would be upset from this.

BoF2 Nina is a shoe-in, amirite?

How are their respective online modes?
Does UMvC3's online make up for the lesser amount of single player content? I heard Blazblue's online options are lacking in comparison (and that there's less lag and ragequitters).
If not then it sounds like Blazblue for me.
Online is all there really is and Mahvel is gonna make you rage even if you win. It'll feel like that for a while, but you'll get used to it. The roster is pretty big though. I don't know much about BB's online options on the Vita, but it should run well enough. I haven't heard anything bad at least. You should really ask in the BlazBlue thread where people are more knowledgeable on the subject.
As someone likes yet sucks horribly at this game, is Blazblue CSE worth picking up? Looking for something else to tide me over until TTT2. Liked the first one but I didn't put in enough time into it. Does it have a decent online presence?

It's either BB or SCV.
CSE is great to me. You will never tire of the variety in the cast and the offline options are just as good as the online stuff. I must have spent about fifteen hours on story mode alone and the online is great as usual with lots of lobby options. It's also got a nice amount of activity on the PS3 version and the netcode is great which means you won't have problems finding matches.

I've been playing SCV for the last four hours or so and it's also a great game too. My impressions from the SCV thread...
Playing online right now after playing the malfested story(cousin's copy). It's beautiful and the lobby options are amazing. The fighting itself is great and I haven't been impressed by netcode like this since BlazBlue:Calamity Trigger.

I feel bad looking at the scores/sales and knowing that they rushed this game. It would have been a real gem with the traditional SC stories and full modes/extras. I'll be buying this game sooner than I thought. I almost feel obligated to do this now.

Fuck Nightmare though

Dahbomb

Read the thread, 8 characters for $15 sounds too good to be true. I am assuming this is what FChamp meant about Zero being nerfed... that's bound to happen with this AE style update coming up IF IT'S TRUE. And as usual the Marvel Cycle is in full effect.

My picks for 8 new characters are EASY:

CAPCOM

GENE
Megaman
Captain Commando
Jedah/Donovan/Dimitri

or Asura and some character from BoF

MARVEL

Gambit
Venom
Psylocke
Ms Marvel

or Cable/Cyclops

The strangest shit was that yesterday in the shower I was theory fighting a movelist for Gambit. And yeah it's possible to make him top tier as fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom