• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV new systems according to Rock, Paper, Shotgun

Avallon

Ultra Street Ultra Fighter Ultra IV Ultra!

sf41.jpg

Ultra O.K. K.O. System: Ultra Street Fighter IV is to take the classic and well-loved K.O.s from the original game, and gives them a significant boost. Now players can store up O.K. points during the fight, sacrificing power during the main combat to deliver a more spectacular finishing move, with the potential to unlock a new moustache.

Online Bathing: Favourite characters can now be taken online in an all-new multiplayer ablutions system. One of SFIV’s most popular additions to the series was the addition of character sweating, allowing B.O. attacks. In this update, that sweat can lead to fungal infections, so you have to weigh up the advantages against that, and choose whether to take them to the online baths. Those who play as Rufus are especially advised to take advantage of this.

New special moves: Joining Crimson Viper’s Ultra Combo Death Drill Practice Drill Of Death is The Sit Down. Meanwhile Seth will get a new spin, and Chun-Li adds hammers to her arsenal.

Groins: Ever more groins.
sf42.jpg

GeoGonzo

I dislike being a hater and I mostly enjoy reading RPS but... yeah. This "article" was either too weird or simply not my kind of humour.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
I dislike being a hater and I mostly enjoy reading RPS but... yeah. This "article" was either too weird or simply not my kind of humour.

i'm guessing it's the writer poking a bit of irreverent fun at another new SFIV release which introduces a new, even more obtuse layer of mechanical complexity.

sadly, the writer has a chronic case of the unfunnies due to making a career on insipid british TF2 server humour, and the evolving systems of what is an extremely mechanically complex game is something that a PC gaming blog should show maybe show a little more interest in exploring.

This sort of video game writer humour may give personality to a dry article when used sparingly, but when you read a whole block of it like that, it's really awkward and embarrassing.

Zia

This is one of those things you write, and then sit at the computer all day refreshing the comments section, cringing each time you do. I know John is not very good at games and thus really isn't interested in things like this, but that's some embarrassing shit.

Miker

RPS usually (almost always) tries too hard to be funny when it comes to genres they have no interest in or know little about (read: console-oriented genres). This is just another example. Too bad, really, because it makes them look silly, while the rest of their PC-focused material is great.

And yet they'll commission a writer specifically to get offended at Skullgirls in their review.

I'm still annoyed at that one.

Top Bottom