• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unannounced horror game(?) from Climax Studios

UrbanRats

Arh, you meant the methods of inducing horror. Yeah, I can see that it might invite speculation about how they are going to scare the player (if this is indeed a horror game), but we'll see.

In my opinion, the doll look is sufficiently creepy, mostly in terms of uncanny valley effect. I wonder how they'll animate their body movement and if and how they are going to speak.

The monster face in the mirror looks shopped in at the last second, lol.

I'm a bit worried because their means of scaring you in Shattered Memories were abysmal (poltergeist.. ugh).

Kouichi

image.php

man up Garrett lol

I'll just hide in the shadows like always :(

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
My horror masochism sense is tingling for this game. If there's one thing that beats child-related horror stuff, is fucking dolls. That shit gives me nightmares.

I'll just hide in the shadows like always :(

But the demons are in the shadows...

"Unannounced horror game(?) from Climax Studios" -> "Climax Studios working on new Prince of Persia...?"
I don't recall prince of persia having any horror elements but I guess you have to spice it up somehow lol.

DatDude

Banned
"Unannounced horror game(?) from Climax Studios" -> "Climax Studios working on new Prince of Persia...?"
I don't recall prince of persia having any horror elements but I guess you have to spice it up somehow lol.

They are working on 2 games...

1 horror game
1 platform adventure game

i have a feeling the horror game is for this gen, and the platform adventure game is for next. horror games never sell well, and might find an audience at the end of the console cycle...while keeping a reasonable low budget if need be.

Shattered Memories was really rough at its weakest moments, but there were a lot of good ideas at play (especially for the Silent Hill franchise), they had a strong vision, and the story remains one of my favourite in gaming.

In other words, I'm okay with them taking horror out for another spin.

Yeah. I agree very much so. I haven't finished Bioshock Infinite yet, but Shattered Memories is my favourite story of the Wii/360/PS3 gen.

edit: Oh, except for Alice Madness returns.

Elfteiroh

... If they do release a game like this, this will be a day one buy for me. Even if I don't own the console. I won't let that stop me! O_O

mantidor

Loved Shattered Memories so they got my interest, would love to see this on WiiU just to see what they come up with using the gamepad, SM had a pretty nice implementation of the wii remote.

Lime

Eurogamer contacted Climax:

Some have suggested this is a new Silent Hill game, given Climax has form with the series: it created Silent Hill: Shattered Memories for Wii, PlayStation Portable and PlayStation 2 in 2009 after Silent Hill: Origins for PSP and PS2 in 2007.

But Eurogamer understands this new game is not a new Silent Hill. All Gardner would say on the subject: "The other title is a Climax game that is in early development."

So I read the article and here is something I don't understand

Alongside the Prince of Persia prototype on Climax's website were screenshots of a mystery new game, also due out in 2013.

then

But Eurogamer understands this new game is not a new Silent Hill. All Gardner would say on the subject: "The other title is a Climax game that is in early development."

Can a game in early development makes it this year ?!

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
So I read the article and here is something I don't understand

then

Can a game in early development makes it this year ?!

Depends on the scope of the project and size of the team, as well as a well-developed creative vision. It definitely can be, but it also could be delayed.

Lime

Bit of a necrobump, but I really hope this is still in development. Does anyone have details?

Well, Just look at Climax and what happened to these two projects in the OP:

Prince of Persia got turned into AC Chronicles and if you want to know what happened to this horror project, look no further than what the publisher, Konami, is doing to their entire game development side of things.

Ie it's dead, jim

I really hope the horror game wasn't with Konami. The uncited wiki entry mentioning a 2013 release puts me in doubt that this was that project. The Prince of Persia game definitely did turn into AC: Chronicles.

PSqueak

Banned
I got confused about the company's name and then i saw the doll and thought someone was making an Illbleed reboot.

I'd totally play an Illbleed reboot, the concept was solid (ie, environment being your #1 enemy, shock death, etc) but the execution was poor.

Top Bottom