• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (Naughty Dog) Shown - 2015

Loofy

https://twitter.com/kurtmargenau/status/515735483754639361

ByhCsGVIgAEInvu.jpg:large
BLn2DHi.jpg

i-Lo

Lest we forget, this will be the first title on a console to use silhouette tessellation for character models (at least LOD 0 & maybe primary only).

Darknight

There is no way this is in-game/gameplay model, probably art or CGI, anyone who believes a 60 FPS game can have a model like that during gameplay fools himself, hell, forget it, even with 30 FPS.

Um yes it is. Maybe not at 60FPS but definitely at 30 or unlocked 60FPS. PS4 is more than capable. iNFAMOUS have shown us a taste of whats to come and its like within 1 year of launch. (The Order is another amazing looking game granted 30FPS and looks CG at times)

Danlord

There is no way this is in-game/gameplay model, probably art or CGI, anyone who believes a 60 FPS game can have a model like that during gameplay fools himself, hell, forget it, even with 30 FPS.

After seeing The Last of Us Remastered and the efforts of their character artists, I have no doubt they can achieve that in realtime 60fps, especially with Naughty Dog having more time on native PS4 development with technologies like adaptive tessellation and subsurface scattering which I think Naughty Dog are capable of achieving.

he cant retort with an argument thats why he avatar quotes you, implying youre an xbox fanboy who cant judge the graphics of a psgame

So that's what he is trying to get at. Liking Carmine from Gears of war makes me an xbox fanboy? Hell I don't even own an xbox one. And even if I am an xbox "fanboy", how is that suppose to hinder my ability to judge graphics in a game?

Exactly, which is why I am saying it doesn't look that good. People are impressed by this? Naughty Dog needs to release some in game images ASAP.

No you're insane. Even compensating for the fact that its an off screen blurry picture, the detail is amazing. And IF(Big if) its in game. That would make it the best video game character model bar none.

Just saying "not impressive" is ridiculous.

Gurish

It's not even that impressive
WTF? he looks almost like a real human being, how can that not be impressive!? you truly are insane.

Um yes it is. Maybe not at 60FPS but definitely at 30 or unlocked 60FPS. PS4 is more than capable. iNFAMOUS have shown us a taste of whats to come and its like within 1 year of launch. (The Order is another amazing looking game granted 30FPS and looks CG at times)
iNFAMOUS looks good but doesn't come close to this, Order looks amazing and it's 30 FPS with black bars and even than it doesn't touch U4 trailer or this model.

After seeing The Last of Us Remastered and the efforts of their character artists, I have no doubt they can achieve that in realtime 60fps, especially with Naughty Dog having more time on native PS4 development with technologies like adaptive tessellation and subsurface scattering which I think Naughty Dog are capable of achieving.
Dude, TLoU:R is just a cross gen game, it looks nice but we are talking about CGI quality versus a prettier PS3 game, that's a gigantic leap that i don't think is possible.

Terrible pic, but by my accurate estimation it looks really well detailed in person. If that is the facial detail we will get in-game I will be impressed.

Danlord

Dude, TLoU:R is just a cross gen game, it looks nice but we are talking about CGI quality versus a prettier PS3 game, that's a gigantic leap that i don't think is possible.

I know its a crossgen title, which I used as an example of their quality of work, clearly its a step up but with how good TLoU:R I'm more than confident that this is achievable by designing their assets and their engine (with graphical features I mentioned above) from the ground up for the PS4 architecture.

Also I'm pedantic and just wish to correct your use of the term CGI quality, since games are Computer Generated Imagary, you're referring to offline or pre-rendered quality work.

Darknight

WTF? he looks almost like a real human being, how can that not be impressive!? you truly are insane.

iNFAMOUS looks good but doesn't come close to this, Order looks amazing and it's 30 FPS with black bars and even than it doesn't touch U4 trailer or this model.

We got roughly 4 years more of PS4 blockbusters to come out, you are saying its impossible for a game in the next 4 years to release that looks like that pic on PS4? SSM, GG and Quantic Dream havent shown anything of theirs yet and they were the ones who pushed the PS3 to its limits. (btw even though The order has black bars, its rendering at 1080P and some of the scenes look CG. Thats telling on the PS4's output ability.)

Edit: Also I said infamous is just a taste of whats to come, read carefully. If we are getting that type of quality in the first year, imagine whats yet to come. Thats my point and Im a firm believer PS4 games will get better and better as time goes on. Driveclub is another amazing looking title 1 year into the system's life. Something that took forever on PS3, is happening quicker on PS4.

It's very possible. It's a new gen. We haven't had a single game with a huge leap in graphics. This game is the huge leap in graphics like Gears of war was for the 360. Pretending that this isn't possible because it looks "too good" doesn't really make it impossible.

MDSLKTR

Will you come forward and quote this yourself in a year? Because if not someone will do it for you and you and it will be painful.

So that's what he is trying to get at. Liking Carmine from Gears of war makes me an xbox fanboy? Hell I don't even own an xbox one. And even if I am an xbox "fanboy", how is that suppose to hinder my ability to judge graphics in a game?

Being a fanboy tends to hinder people's judgement about graphics, among other things. People say that Ryse doesn't look that good even though it does, then you look at their post history and you can see they're Nintendo or Sony fanboys, and it works in all directions. Not saying you are a fanboy, but it happens.

And yeah, I was really confused by this image since I was on my phone when I first saw it. People were gasping at the sight of it and all I saw was some crappy image of a different looking Nate Drake with lights in and crap obstructing the image. Looking at it on my laptop... It's exactly that, I can see that the character model looks superb but the presentation is bleh.

Being a fanboy tends to hinder people's judgement about graphics, among other things. People say that Ryse doesn't look that good even though it does, then you look at their post history and you can see they're Nintendo or Sony fanboys, and it works in all directions. Not saying you are a fanboy, but it happens.

And yeah, I was really confused by this image since I was on my phone when I first saw it. People were gasping at the sight of it and all I saw was some crappy image of a different looking Nate Drake with lights in and crap obstructing the image. Looking at it on my laptop... It's exactly that, I can see that the character model looks superb but the presentation is bleh.

Exactly. When I see a game that looks impressive, it just looks impressive regardless of what platform it's on. I just don't see what people are so impressed by though. That's Drakes face on PS4, not ps3. I wouldn't expect anything less from Naughty Dog 2 years in. What's more impressive is how Kratos looks in GOW ascension on a ps3.

Gurish

I know its a crossgen title, which I used as an example of their quality of work, clearly its a step up but with how good TLoU:R I'm more than confident that this is achievable by designing their assets and their engine (with graphical features I mentioned above) from the ground up for the PS4 architecture.

Also I'm pedantic and just wish to correct your use of the term CGI quality, since games are Computer Generated Imagary, you're referring to offline or pre-rendered quality work.
You're right but you know what i mean, it's just a term being used a lot when discussing about very high quality pre-rendered videos like Pixar's movies or Square's FF movies and such, but i get you.

Will you come forward and quote this yourself in a year? Because if not someone will do it for you and you and it will be painful.
Yes, I'm even ready for an embarrassing tag below my name, I'm that sure of it.

garyBig

Well I was impressed by Lara Croft's character model in TR:DE and that was a rather sloppy up-port model in a last or cross-gen game, also one of the first on the system plus 60fps and hell this is Naughty Dog of all developers, so why on earth should this not be possible exactly?
And yes, Kratos on PS3, that thing released in 2006 and look what they could achieve on that. I really don't get at all why y'all seem so surprised. I must admit though, that E3 teaser was definitely something of grand ambition. By which I mean to say that Naughty Gods will continue to push beyond the limits, not that it's impossible to achieve in a dimly lit real-time cutscene on a PS4. I'm confident that scene will look even better in its final form.

Eggbok

WeeklyInconsequentialGalapagoshawk.gif

If this amount of detail is already possible by RADatdawn, why is it so hard to believe that Drake model is in game? We all know Naughty Dog has that secret video game magic crack formula they sprinkle on their games. They have their reputation for a reason, and I have no doubt they will exceed our expectations visually.

If this amount of detail is already possible by RADatdawn, why is it so hard to believe that Drake model is in game? We all know Naughty Dog has that secret video game magic crack formula they sprinkle on their games. They have their reputation for a reason, and I have no doubt they will exceed our expectations visually.

Look at that! Jesus!

Amir0x

Banned
those graphics are really bad, I can see the polygons in the lightbulb in the back. come on ReadyatDawn, be serious bros

Clearly you have stayed out of Driveclub threads.

Order 1886 look stellar, but in terms of character models think Drake's model looks better. That and the fact that U4 is 60fps and native 1080p.

ByhCsGVIgAEInvu.jpg:large

ibaQF5blkybKLp.jpg

ibvNQX8AyuNUuG.png

iOZEDZmwyqxsl.png

I can't wait for both games.

Top Bottom