• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 runs at 1080p and targeting 60fps

Renekton

I'd rather it be 900p/30fps and using the extra legroom to make bigger environments and detailed models.

But 1080p/60fps is the buzzword right now, oh well.

VanWinkle

It was by far the best looking game footage I've ever seen, and I'd be surprised if they get it looking like that at 10fps. At 60fps? I don't know, I know it's Naughty Dog, but I just don't see how it's possible.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
LastNac is crying of sadness because of 60FPS.

Dennis is crying of happiness because of it.

I'm crying because this is going to be freaking awesome.

Begaria

This translates to, "Unlocked frame rate, and after enough "fan feedback" we'll offer a 30 FPS locked option." Doesn't it?

wapplew

I think those are usual in-engine 8 PS4 pre-render cut scene quality from ND.
I refuse to believe those are real time. no way

Banned
They won't hit that target. Not when there will be a bunch of particle effects, lightning, multiple enemy AI's moving around and shooting, and all the background rendering. 1080p30 unlocked probably. But damn, that looked CGI to me.

PaulloDEC

With visuals like those? I'll believe it when I'm playing it.

I've got faith in Naughty Dog, but 60fps at 1080p looking like that is some kind of freakin' sorcery.

Shin-Ra

I'd rather it be 900p/30fps and using the extra legroom to make bigger environments and detailed models.

Yeah. No.

iSrhJHG18a6bz.gif

Nate looks really good. i'm kind of surprised they made him more natural looking than some sexy model-type dude.

looks like it said "for we receive the due reward for our deeds" on the cage at the end.

ND is probably my favorite company but I find this very hard to believe. Those graphics are CGI quality. I don't think they'll make that target. Either that or the in-game graphics wont look like this cut scene.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals

You have an XB1? If so there are plenty of 900p or less games that are still missing PS4 effects while running at lower resolutions.....My point is that this already looks teasingly stunning. No worries, it's ND.

It won't be 60 FPS locked. You can guarantee that. Consoles simply aren't powerful enough yet. It might hover around 60FPS in certain locations that don't have a lot going on, but as soon as anything happens it'll dip right back down.

jaypah

I want to believe! If that was legit then wtf? I understand it was cut scene stuff but if that was real-time then they may have surpassed what I thought they could do in the first half of the gen. Keep in mind that I view them as straight magicians already.

Moosichu

Means cutscenes will look like that but gameplay won't. Still, gameplay character models will still look fantastic either way, nothing to worry about.

However, due to slick direction you won't notice it unless you look for it. (Eg. Zooming up on Character Model in Game.)

Think difference between TLOU game and cutscenes.

Jarmel

Banned
It won't be 60 FPS locked. You can guarantee that. Consoles simply aren't powerful enough yet. It might hover around 60FPS in certain locations that don't have a lot going on, but as soon as anything happens it'll dip right back down.

Better give us the option of locking it at 30.

dr_rus

UC @ 60 fps is an... interesting decision. Guess they want to keep the better graphics for whatever PS4 game they're working on in parallel to UC4.

CLEEK

"Captured in-engine"

So is this pre-rendered again or was it being rendered in real-time?

In-engine means it's being rendered in real time. What it doesn't mean is that it's actual gameplay footage. Most games use in-engine cutscenes. This was one of those.

If it was actual gameplay, they'd say as much. In-game, or gameplay footage (like The Order).

No different from trailers for racing games using its replay mode. It's certainly being rendered real-time by the console, but looks way better than in-game.

DatAhmedz

Almost certainly prerendered. People are just letting the hype go straight to their head.

I kinda figured this was the case (since it's been like that in their last couple of games). I would prefer it if it was in realtime for an extremely smooth transition between gameplay and cutscene (like The Order or MGS V), but that might not be the case.

But who knows. That could change by next year!

Top Bottom