• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 Survival CO-OP update is live

Loudninja

Its 3.8GB in size.

Patch notes
Introducing Survival!

Our new cooperative and solo mode will put your skills to the test as you take on 50 increasingly challenging waves, featuring unique objective scenarios, swarms of powerful enemies, and intense boss battles. As you make your way toward level 50, you’ll earn XP in Survival’s dedicated progression system and unlock unique rewards.

Alongside Survival, we’re spicing things up in competitive Multiplayer with King of the Hill—an all new addition to our Beta Test Playlist. Capture the hill and defend it for as long as you can. Defending team doesn’t respawn until the hill is taken by the enemy team or you and your teammates are wiped out!

New DLC Content

2 New Maps:
  • Prison
  • Train Wreck (Flashback map)
  • 5 Flashback Weapons:
  • M4 Assault Rifle
  • PAK-80 Light Machine Gun
  • Micro 9mm automatic pistol
  • Para 9 pistol
  • Desert 5 pistol (Heavy Weapon)
  • Classic Uncharted 2 & 3 music added to in-game & menus
  • 48 Character Skins
  • 40 Vanity items
  • 10 Taunts
  • 25 new color options for every skin!
  • 10 new levels (81 – 90 for competitive), with two new vanity unlocks
  • 12 New Co-op Trophies
  • New Challenges for new items & Survival challenges
  • You can now set your challenge preference to Multiplayer, Survival, or a mix of both
  • Separate MP and SP executables, the game will now load you into the last section you were playing

Welcome to Economy 2.0!

Permanent Price Reductions:
  • Vanity DLC chest price reduced from 2000 to 300 Relics
  • Premium Vanity DLC chest price reduced from 3000 to 1500 Relics
  • Gameplay DLC chest price reduced from 3000 to 2500 Relics
  • All Uncharted Point prices reduced to Summer Sale levels (25 – 40% off)

VIP Bonus
  • Purchasing any Uncharted Points pack now awards VIP status, which gives you a permanent 20% bonus to all Relics earned from challenges within Uncharted 4
  • Anyone who previously purchased an Uncharted Points pack will also have VIP status
  • Any Uncharted Points pack over 300UP now comes with a set of one-use Relic Boosters.
  • Relic Boosters give you a 300% increase to the Relics earned from completing a Multiplayer match, plus a stacking shared bonus, which all players in the match receive
  • The more players activate a booster in a match, the bigger the reward for everyone!
  • Chests are now purchasable with Uncharted Points
  • Chest prices are less than purchasing the items they drop individually
  • All Multiplayer matches now award 15 Relics regardless of win or loss

Balance and Bug Fixes

• Fixed an issue with not loading into games properly
  • Saviors no longer stand idle while their owner is being choked by a Hunter
  • Fixed an issue with being unable to activate some Mysticals after purchasing while dead
  • Plunder spawn weight adjustments
  • Team colors now appear properly for all clients in a Private Match
  • Fixed the Radar image for Village
  • Fixed Radar when spectating a teammate
  • Fixed an issue with sounds persisting after a game has finished
  • Fixed an exploit on the level Auction
https://www.unchartedthegame.com/wiki/patch-1-18-048

Murkas

Nothing in EU so far I think. No update and manually searching for update says it's up to date. Even started the game and only had competitive mode.

EDIT: It's up now.

test_account

XP-39C²
Wow, Vanity DLC chests now cost 300 instead of 2000! And Premium Vanity DLC chests costs 1500 instead of 3000. Gameplay DLC (guns and perks) now cost 2500 instead of 3000.

EDIT: Ah, it kinda makes sense now why it was dropped from 2000 to 300. All the color variants are each a seperate unlock it seems.

Shin-Ra

Got through to wave 46/50 on my first run through, tough going from 26 up. Lots more levelling up's gonna be required.

Tosyn_88

I completed the level 50 challenge with a friend on moderate difficulty and it was a fun ride. I like the idea behind the warlords being the guys from the pirate utopia. I think naughty dog has made this game a must keep for everyone who owns uncharted, esp the nostalgia soundtracks

tootie923

Got through to wave 46/50 on my first run through, tough going from 26 up. Lots more levelling up's gonna be required.

Is that what you have to do? I feel like the difficulty even on medium is ridiculous. The enemy teleporting and bullet-sponging is really putting me off. I used to love UC2's survival, but the difficulty on this gets crazy.

BigEmil

Is that what you have to do? I feel like the difficulty even on medium is ridiculous. The enemy teleporting and bullet-sponging is really putting me off. I used to love UC2's survival, but the difficulty on this gets crazy.
Yeah levelling up for stat boosts and unlock perks etc you should make a custom loadout with and use over nothing

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Only now reduced the chest prices? Jesus. Still, I might hop back in for a while once I get my PS4 Pro.

tootie923

Yeah levelling up for stat boosts and unlock perks etc you should make a custom loadout with and use over nothing

I guess I'll just keep at it then. I think the 30 fps is also throwing me off after playing so many hours of MP. I haven't played the campaign since April, so I'm not used to it.

Zutroy

Loving this mode! I've completed the first 20 waves now on 'normal' difficulty and it's already kicking my ass. Lots of fun!

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Only now reduced the chest prices? Jesus. Still, I might hop back in for a while once I get my PS4 Pro.

You should be aware that the regular DLC vanity chests (not the premium ones) will contain mainly recolors of character skins ... and there are a lot of them.

Game is $29.99 at best buy for another day or two, drops to $24 with GCU. Ordered it today morning for store pickup and gonna go grab it tomorrow, I plat'd the game at launch and traded it in but it'll be nice to have it again to play the new stuff, try out new MP stuff, and maybe even replay a few levels.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/uncharted-4-a-thiefs-end-playstation-4/2943094.p?skuId=2943094

I even bought the explorers pack for $20 during the last PSN sale, should get me digital sp dlc when its released but also gave like 3k points for microtransaction stuff in MP

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
You should be aware that the regular DLC vanity chests (not the premium ones) will contain mainly recolors of character skins ... and there are a lot of them.

731535.gif

Pretty sure they officially dropped their attempts at split-screen support.

bummer. That was actually one of the things I was looking forward to when it was announced, considering the previous games had it. I played a bunch of local Uncharted survival at my friends' houses.

BBboy20

bummer. That was actually one of the things I was looking forward to when it was announced, considering the previous games had it. I played a bunch of local Uncharted survival at my friends' houses.
According to the lead MP designer, it was a nightmare to get it running in 3.

Elixist

looks like a cool update. thinkin about buyin some psplus, im weak and i miss this game. its cool there is a single player survival mode, no plus required.

tootie923

I've never had a problem finding a match, sometimes Ranked can take a little extra time to get a match. It helps that all of the MP DLC is free.

Top Bottom