• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted is coming to Fortnite

kyliethicc

Nate & Chloe, from the games and the movie.

rNYC1NO.jpg

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
This mostly my opinion but no master what IP
crosses over it going to get converted to Fortnight’s ugly artstyle.

Smash vastly does much better job keeping sprite of the characters.

Last edited:

Banned
the first time Nathan Drake is gonna be playable in a game with good gameplay! hurray!

not all cross over characters have a changed style other than looking slightly different due to the way the game renders characters. Predator and Master Chief for example look basically identical to their original design. it's only when it is plane human characters when they adjust things noticeably

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
not all cross over characters have a changed style other than looking slightly different due to the way the game renders characters. Predator and Master Chief for example look basically identical to their original design. it's only when it is plane human characters when they adjust things noticeably
Mostly because characters like Master Chief have mask. If they try to bring characters like Tifa is gonna look so bad.

Banned
Mostly because characters like Master Chief have mask. If they try to bring characters like Tifa is gonna look so bad.

from what I saw, characters that already are stylized they usually leave mostly intact. it is only when it's realistic looking ones when they actually change them noticeably.

Naruto also looked very much unchanged for example

Last edited:
the first time Nathan Drake is gonna be playable in a game with good gameplay! hurray!

Mastercheesy is a guy with a toilet bowl on his head, most original design copied straight from doom.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
I wonder if sony will make an uncharted game with the the drake from the holland movie, using his likeness and voice.

ManaByte

Gold Member
PlayStation characters in Fortnite:
Kratos
Aloy
Nathan Drake
Chloe Frazer

Xbox characters in Fortnite:
Master Chief
Macus Fenix
Kait Diaz

Other gaming characters:
Lara Croft
Ryu
Chun Li
Guile
Cammy
Chris Redfield
Jill Valentine

ManaByte

Gold Member
Fortnite Tom Holland.

I’ve seen it all.

This is the second Tom Holland skin in Fortnite.

Wake me up when Samus joins the fight in Fortnite.

Nintendo killed that. They had a Samus skin ready for when they added Kratos and Master Chief. Nintendo killed it for unknown reasons, possibly because with Fortnite's platform agnosticism, people could use Samus on the PS4 and Xbox.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member

Smash vastly does much better job keeping sprite of the characters.
Now I can't tell if this is a typo for "spirit" or if you really like 2D sprite graphics :p

Last edited:

Salz01

This is the second Tom Holland skin in Fortnite.

Nintendo killed that. They had a Samus skin ready for when they added Kratos and Master Chief. Nintendo killed it for unknown reasons, possibly because with Fortnite's platform agnosticism, people could use Samus on the PS4 and Xbox.
This makes me sad to hear. Hopefully, maybe sometime in the future they work it out.

ManaByte

Gold Member
This makes me sad to hear. Hopefully, maybe sometime in the future they work it out.

There's no way in Fortnite to lock a skin to a specific platform, so until Nintendo allows you to use Samus on the PS and Xbox it won't happen.

What they did for the other skins is if you played Fortnite with that skin on that platform it'd unlock an alternate look that you could only get by playing on the character's home system.

Even then Nintendo probably wouldn't allow Samus on the other systems.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
uncharted.jpg

You’re upset he used to be latino?
The more I see Tom Holland face …I just can’t even begin to understand this casting, it’s got to be the worst in history.

I don’t even mind Tom Holland I think he is great as niche man, he just ain’t Nathan drake…yes maybe teenager drake but not grown up drake……awful.

No issues with Nate being Latino he can live tha Vida loca all day for all I care haha.

Banjo64

cumsessed
The more I see Tom Holland face …I just can’t even begin to understand this casting, it’s got to be the worst in history.

I don’t even mind Tom Holland I think he is great as niche man, he just ain’t Nathan drake…yes maybe teenager drake but not grown up drake……awful.

No issues with Nate being Latino he can live tha Vida loca all day for all I care haha.
If you want to understand the casting think of it like this - Tom Holland is contracted to Sony already for Spider-Man. The end.

Last edited:

Point is, its a orgin story.

Vick

Eh.. i'd say they did a fine job with Holland.

You'll realize how insanely stupid you sounded for years when Uncharted 4 lands on PC this summer.

jason10mm

Gold Member
All I know is that fortnite skins interest my kid in Ghostbusters, Dune, Predator, Alien, venom, vampires, werewolves, and all sorts of shit. We have a deal where he watches some "dad" film with a fortnite skin, he earns it. Has gotten us a lot of quality bonding time. Can't only hope for Indiana Jones and James Bond. Highlander as well. Gremlins would be great.

Top Bottom