• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy Has Gone Gold

So its not even the PS3 remaster?

Why do you want it to be the remaster? The remaster is nothing good. It doesn't improve on anything, on the contrary. The PS3 games were just 720p and The PS2 Cclassics are 1080p. The remasters were lacking some effects from the original games like the shiny effect on metals while The PS2 Classics have them. The colours in the remaster are altered and not faithful to the original ones. Check this comparison and you will see how the PS2 Classics are better than the remasters.

Dundar

No preload for EU folks (both triple and explorer pack buyers) is stupid. Not only we get it a day later, but I have to download 40Gb on a 7Mbps connection. Yikes, I'll play it on day 3 with the time it will take to download the game.
At least I got it for cheap with the explorer pack.

latest
196499_WXmKPj3rTw_digital_foundry_kontra_gra_rise.jpg

LL

Drencrom

No preload for EU folks (both triple and explorer pack buyers) is stupid. Not only we get it a day later, but I have to download 40Gb on a 7Mbps connection. Yikes, I'll play it on day 3 with the time it will take to download the game.

Wait, only the US gets pre-load for triple and explorer pack owners? Fuck that

Wait, only the US gets pre-load for triple and explorer pack owners? Fuck that

Huh. No pre-load for EU? That's lame. Also, they should have made the game available within the menu as an option or at least for those who got the full pack like what they did with Left Behind without needing to redownloadd the whole game with the engine again and same MP.
Downloading 10-15 GB more for the main game is better than redownloading another 44 GB game.

DigSCCP

I guess if I don't pretend to jump again into the campaign of Uncharted 4 atm the best option is to delete Uncharted 4 and predownload TLL, right ?

Huh. No pre-load for EU? That's lame. Also, they should have made the game available within the menu as an option or at least for those who got the full pack like what they did with Left Behind without needing to redownloadd the whole game with the engine again and same MP.
Downloading 10-15 GB more for the main game is better than redownloading another 44 GB game.

Possible tweaks to engine maybe that don't suit the Uncharted 4 areas, I'm sure if possible they would have done your way, maybe just not possible.

Possible tweaks to engine maybe that don't suit the Uncharted 4 areas, I'm sure if possible they would have done your way, maybe just not possible.

Maybe this. The Lost Legacy looks improved over Uncharted 4, so the engine code must be a little different that is why the addon won't just stack up to the main game, unless ND brings the new changes to the main game which may take a while.

Deku Tree

Well I just got the Truant Pixel UC LL theme for downloading the free version of UC LL to set up pre-load even though I bought the triple pack and I wasn't supposed to get it.

Looks awesome!!!

Looks like VentureBeat had a small leak thanks to Yahoo's news section. I noticed this article title "Uncharted: The Lost Legacy review — for good and bad, it’s not Nathan Drake". But when I click it just lead to the VentureBeat website.

On chapter 3 so far. Not going to comment on the story but the performance seems all over the place.

30 FPS is extremely noticeable

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Waiting on reviews for this one....im just not feeling it for some reason.

I hope ND takes an Uncharted break after this and does a new Jak and Daxter. If there's anything that the Crash Bandicoot remasters have said LOUD and clear is that nostalgia sells bigtime if it's done right. I think it's time to bring Jak and Daxter back.

sense

Waiting on reviews for this one....im just not feeling it for some reason.

I hope ND takes an Uncharted break after this and does a new Jak and Daxter. If there's anything that the Crash Bandicoot remasters have said LOUD and clear is that nostalgia sells bigtime if it's done right. I think it's time to bring Jak and Daxter back.
The next game after last of us part 2 would be a standalone expansion for that game ala lost legacy followed by new ip most likely after which they might return to uncharted. We are looking at 2019 tlou part 2, 2020 for expansion, 2022 for new ip, 2024 or 2025 for a potential uncharted so that would like a 7-8 year break before we see another imo.
I highly, highly doubt they are even thinking about jak to be honest. They tried after uncharted 2 but then decided to go with last of us.

kc44135

On chapter 3 so far. Not going to comment on the story but the performance seems all over the place.

OG PS4 or PRO? Also (without spoiling anything), any good so far?

Edit: Ah, OG PS4. Curious to see how PRO performance compares now.

How is the game itself tho

I am only on chapter 4 but so far it feels like uncharted 4 without the charm. It even looks like they reused assets from uncharted 4 and it is copying the same format as it as in semi open worlds level where you have to drive a jeep.

Just from playing the first 4 chapters you will be seeing a lot of 7-8’s from reviewers but I hope I will be surprised

kc44135

Why do you want it to be the remaster? The remaster is nothing good. It doesn't improve on anything, on the contrary. The PS3 games were just 720p and The PS2 Cclassics are 1080p. The remasters were lacking some effects from the original games like the shiny effect on metals while The PS2 Classics have them. The colours in the remaster are altered and not faithful to the original ones. Check this comparison and you will see how the PS2 Classics are better than the remasters.

You are correct on everything but resolution. PS2 Classics don't render at native 1080p, but rather the nearest "safe" resolution that is an exact 4x resolution boost over the original version (usually around 900-ish p). But yes, Jak PS2 Classics > HD collection (which was actually sub-HD, lol). I do think that, in general, Sony has done a very poor job of advertising PS2 Classics on PS4, and what they bring to the table. Most people just seem to assume they're the same as PS2 Classics on PS3 running at 480i or whatever. It's really a shame, because Sony's PS2 emulation is quite good, overall.

kc44135

I am only on chapter 4 but so far it feels like uncharted 4 without the charm. It even looks like they reused assets from uncharted 4 and it is copying the same format as it as in semi open worlds level where you have to drive a jeep.

Just from playing the first 4 chapters you will be seeing a lot of 7-8’s from reviewers but I hope I will be surprised

Damn, that's what I was afraid of. Could this be the first mediocre game from Naughty Dog? :(

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.

Yeah, the PS2 Classic looks much better.

When is Amazon gonna send out codes for that sucker?

Damn, that's what I was afraid of. Could this be the first mediocre game from Naughty Dog? :(

Now you are just going to open the floodgates.

I don't expect to be mediocre but i also don't expect it to get reviews as high as there other games.
It stand alone now but it still DLC that they did rather fast and it don't have some of UC best characters .

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum

I don't know why u guys expect UC5 out of this. This pretty much same as stand alone DLCs like Infamous First Light but much longer. So of course they gonna use same engine and assets from UC4.

Im start to think u guys love set yourself up for disappointment.

I don't know why u guys expect UC5 out of this. This pretty much same as stand alone DLCs like Infamous First Light but much longer. So of course they gonna use same engine and assets from UC4.

Im start to think u guys love set yourself up for disappointment.
Like, why on Earth would a game that started as DLC for UC4, which also had a short dev period, have different assets and a different approach to the world? lol

No shit lol
That is literally what it is. Why is it so difficult for people to understand what happened with this game?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony

Do you mean it’s worse than UC4? That game was also 30FPS in single player mode, and I wouldn’t say that was really noticeable, as it was extremely consistent.

Either way, that doesn’t sound good. I hope the performance won’t suffer on ps4pro.

The Lost Legacy is a short game. I spent maybe 25 hours playing Uncharted: A Thief’s End and enjoyed every part of it. This game kept me busy for just 10.5 hours. It feels like a DLC game that grew up to be something bigger. That’s probably why Sony priced it at $40, less than a full-fledged Uncharted game. But we have been trained only to expect the best from Naughty Dog, and it’s a bit of a letdown that the game isn’t longer.

Wut. That's average for the series outside of Uncharted 4.

I’ve never had problems with bugs in Uncharted games. But I encountered one that corrupted my saved game and nearly forced me to restart from the beginning. I was stuck in a cavern with water on one side and a cliff on the other. It was a completely broken scene, and I couldn’t find my way out. But eventually, after saving and restarting a number of times, I found my way out. All I can say is that you should save your game periodically, in case the main save gets corrupted.

That's a shitty bug. I hope that gets sorted out.

Score: 83/100

Guymelef

"It feels like a DLC game that grew up to be something bigger"

Dear Sony, please include this quote in an Accolades trailer.

Tidux

I'm on chapter 6, almost 5 hours in. Playing on a PS4 Pro and haven't noticed any drops. It's as beautiful as you would expect out of ND. It's not a mediocre game in anyway.

Top Bottom