• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Underrated Japanese Video Game Composers

Hudo

I don't know if I'd call Kohei Tanaka underrated. He's a big Anime OST composer. And he did a lot of game OSTs. He was chosen to compose one of the first ever real-life orchestra OSTs for a game (Wizardry V for the FM Towns). Sakura Wars was popular as fuck in Japan.

Dude is certainly not underrated.

SHA

Yep, that's the guy. It's been years but I remember his plagiarized music not only caused a delay of the Kai Buu saga, it caused a re-release of Kai with older remastered DBZ JP soundtracks, and also it caused a ton of people online to go back and find out just how many songs he stole music sheets from. The amount was insane. There's an entire playlist on youtube of 100+ tracks showing what he stole.

I guess at least the man had good taste in music, but he really nuked his career once people found out. 🤷‍♂️
But without it people may get old without knowing any of it.

But without it people may get old without knowing any of it.
what-wait.gif

I mean it's not all wrong, these music sheets may never be discovered without the gaming medium, there's a very slim chance they'd be discovered by other mediums.
It doesn't matter because he copied from other sheet music, note for note. People would just study the originals.

Gojiira

Norihiko Hibino, Maki Kirioka, Akihiro Honda, Toshiyuki Kakuta and Shuichi Kobori

Composers who did the gorgeous Zone of the Enders 1 and 2 Soundtrack. Anubis’ soundtrack is just incredible to play to,the main theme Beyond the Bounds is iconic or at least deserves to be.
This intro to the Remastered edition is just fucking beautiful too-

Top Bottom