• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unicorn Overlord details more ally characters, social activities

Labadal

https://www.gematsu.com/2023/12/unicorn-overlord-details-more-ally-characters-social-activities

Publisher ATLUS and developer Vanillaware have released new information and screenshots for tactical RPG Unicorn Overlord introducing ally characters Gilbert, Virginia, Berengaria, and Aramis, as well as social activities.
Click the top link for much, much more.

Unicorn-Overlord_2023_12-14-23_001.jpeg

Unicorn-Overlord_2023_12-14-23_006.jpeg

Unicorn-Overlord_2023_12-14-23_011.jpeg

Unicorn-Overlord_2023_12-14-23_016.jpeg

Last edited:

poodaddy

I see the beautiful artwork of food that makes me hungry while I play is in, if wouldn't be Vanillaware if it wasn't.

That's the best part of these games for my wife and I haha. I'll be pressuring her to make stuff from this game too soon.

BossLackey

Gold Member
This looks great, but I wonder if they'll ever return to something like Dragon's Crown. It's a shame the game was dragged for its exaggerated art style. There really hasn't been anything else like it.

Agreed. That style took a ton of chances and I think it really paid off. I still don't understand why people were so uptight about the style. Oh no! Boobs! Gimme a fuckin' break.

Atlus and Vanillaware have posted a new promotional video for their upcoming tactical JRPG Unicorn Overlord. Five 16-bit songs from the game’s Collector’s Edition have been previewed, composed by studio Basiscape.
Both CDs of the 16-bit BGM soundtrack will feature ten songs each.

In particular, the following tracks are highlighted in this new preview:

Medley (Main Theme – Map Theme)
Drakenhold Medley (Stage Theme – Battle Theme)
Cornia Medley (Stage Theme – Battle Theme)
Bastorias Medley (Stage Theme – Battle Theme)
Farde Mal Diavolo -Come, Foul Daemon-

PanzerCute

This looks great, but I wonder if they'll ever return to something like Dragon's Crown. It's a shame the game was dragged for its exaggerated art style. There really hasn't been anything else like it.
IIRC Dragon's Crown is their biggest success ever. I think they just make the games they want and don't seem to be prone to make sequels.

That said I agree with you: I would love a DC2, that game was phenomenal and I spent around 120h on it.

Last edited:

eNT1TY

I do recommend Sword of the Vagrant while you wait for more Vanillaware goodness.

While the game has flaws it has charm and is very much so inspired by Vanillaware's style.

wWWNcQK.jpg

vaZH6uW.jpg
It aint no Vanillaware, specially the backgrounds but its a decent enough romp.

Pejo

Very subdued designs compared to Kamitani's usual stuff, but as always, the art style is impeccable. I'm really looking forward to this. I was iffy a bit on the battle system at first, but it looks fun after I saw some gameplay previews.

Man it's painful that Vanillaware just refuse to release on PC. This game looks like it was made for M+KB controls.

NanaMiku

Very subdued designs compared to Kamitani's usual stuff, but as always, the art style is impeccable. I'm really looking forward to this. I was iffy a bit on the battle system at first, but it looks fun after I saw some gameplay previews.

Man it's painful that Vanillaware just refuse to release on PC. This game looks like it was made for M+KB controls.
Because this game is not handled by him. The director is Takafumi Noma, a programmer in Vanillaware. For this game, he is the director, programmer, and lead artist.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Nice it's a deck building game. But I'm still not sure about the gameplay
This is Vanillaware‘s take on SRPG which is dream come true for me, so I’m absolutely all for the gameplay they going for here.

Last edited:
Top Bottom