• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unicorn Overlord |OT| Vanilla Force

bender

What time is it?
Dont listen to this broken robot.....play it on Expert, its much more fun.
200w.gif

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Forgive me Danjin44 Danjin44 for I have sinned :p

I'm kinda leaning towards what bender bender said lol, just plowing through smaller battles and fights on easy mode and focusing more on setting up my party / gambits etc.

adamsapple

bender bender not sure if you 'discovered' this, but when skipping battles, if you just double tap the Start button, it immediately shows you the "Win" or "Defeat" banner, you don't even have to see t he enemy health run down.

Shit just got hyper-fast :messenger_sunglasses:

bender

What time is it?
bender bender not sure if you 'discovered' this, but when skipping battles, if you just double tap the Start button, it immediately shows you the "Win" or "Defeat" banner, you don't even have to see t he enemy health run down.

Shit just got hyper-fast :messenger_sunglasses:

I own three copies of the game and haven't even made it as far as the demo let's you progress.

tumblr_olv0h2LHlb1rynk4uo3_500.gif

bender

What time is it?
ok I'll bite ...

why the fuck do you have 3 copies of the game ? :p

Sony denied my pre-order cancellation request for some reason. I bought it physically on Switch and then I imported a Japanese Switch version because of translation nonsense.

adamsapple

Sony denied my pre-order cancellation request for some reason. I bought it physically on Switch and then I imported a Japanese Switch version because of translation nonsense.

I can't say that anything about the translation has stood out, I was actually gonna say that I'm impressed with the localization so far. All the voice actors and the script is surprisingly solid fantasy-stuff.

But it could just be because the last new game I played was Stellar Blade which has kinda bad VO and script.

adamsapple

Danjin44 Danjin44

Making some strong progress through the game.

1. Marriage waifu chosen. Yes, the game is very much trying to make Scarlett the canon waifu, but for me it was always going to be Yahna. She's the MVP magic girl with me since near the start of the game.

yghVo1B.jpeg

--

2. "Beat" the coliseum, unlocked the gold trophy and this fucking wrecking machine too. Holy shit her attack is INSANE. She has immediately become the center piece of my primary attacking unit.

jNuf8jB.jpeg

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Danjin44 Danjin44

1. Marriage waifu chosen. Yes, the game is very much trying to make Scarlett the canon waifu, but for me it was always going to be Yahna. She's the MVP magic girl with me since near the start of the game.

yghVo1B.jpeg

--

2. "Beat" the coliseum, unlocked the gold trophy and this fucking wrecking machine too. Holy shit her attack is INSANE.

jNuf8jB.jpeg
Amalia was fun to beat, I surprised by super saiyan mode.

Danjin44

Berengaria was my powerhouse. My MC would wreck stuff too, but she took Josef’s spot later on. She was unstoppable. Shamans were so useful later on too.
YES! I loved both her design and her streagth. I also put two shaman on my Cavalry team and I give one of them Sandstrom staff while other one mostly focus on debuffing the defence.

This great team because when your Calvary unites get kill, they get extra AP so they can attack again, so when your Shaman lowers enemy's defence you almost guarantee to kill them.

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Danjin44 Danjin44

yghVo1B.jpeg

--

2. "Beat" the coliseum, unlocked the gold trophy and this fucking wrecking machine too. Holy shit her attack is INSANE. She has immediately become the center piece of my primary attacking unit.

jNuf8jB.jpeg
Yahna has the bonus that she’ll look young for the rest of your life.

Last edited:

Danjin44

Yahna has the bonus that she’ll look young for the rest of your life.
Is it external youth? I though she use her magic to turn body back to young age at cost of her magic but she still going age and in fact think she said by the time she gets old she lose all her magic no longer can use it again turn herself young again.

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Is it external youth? I though she use her magic to turn body back to young age at cost of her magic but she still going age and in fact think she said by the time she gets old she lose all her magic no longer can use it again turn herself young again.
I don't think it's eternal. I'm guessing she lives hundreds of years and just turns herself back. I didn't recall that part about losing her power, though. I've been watching a newer mid-tier anime called Unnamed Memory where the dude is trying to hookup with a witch who lives hundreds or maybe thousands of years, but in this one she uses power to prevent aging instead of reverting her appearance.

Danjin44

I don't think it's eternal. I'm guessing she lives hundreds of years and just turns herself back. I didn't recall that part about losing her power, though. I've been watching a newer mid-tier anime called Unnamed Memory where the dude is trying to hookup with a witch who lives hundreds or maybe thousands of years, but in this one she uses power to prevent aging instead of reverting her appearance.
it was cost of making her body young, slowly magic is living her body and in one of her rapport converstaion she mentions that by the time she gets older she will no longer able to use magic.

adamsapple

How long does it take for the supplies in the overworld to repopulate? I'm noticing that SOME things repopulate after a little bit but MOST things are still orange-d out.

adamsapple

Make sure put guard in every town you restore, it make gathering supplies much more easier.

Also do mining mini games, you get treasure map which have some good stuff.

The major things I'm missing are some stones for bridge repairs, those things cost 30x a piece in different regions. Those are taking me the longest.

Danjin44

The major things I'm missing are some stones for bridge repairs, those things cost 30x a piece in different regions. Those are taking me the longest.
At first I also having hard time but guards made the process much easier.

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
At the quarry mini game you can average about 4 bastrite stone per run. Probably take you only 20min to pull 30 stones.

adamsapple

If you're talking about Bastorias you just board a ship.

I think I might have overlooked a dock then, cause the only way I see is the broken bridge. Time to scan all the coastal towns again.

edit: well fuck me, it's the town 2 steps to the east of the bridge lol

Last edited:

adamsapple

How to I get to the region at the top-right of the Albion continent? The only gate leading there says it cannot be opened at the moment.

I have finished all the story quests in the Albion region so there's nothing left in that regard.

Danjin44

How to I get to the region at the top-right of the Albion continent? The only gate leading there says it cannot be opened at the moment.

I have finished all the story quests in the Albion region so there's nothing left in that regard.
Take the ship from Devolpis Harbor in Bastorias and I think there is also another Harbor in Elheim can also take you to south of Albion.

Last edited:

foamdino

I've just rescued Scarlett (after spending far too long wondering around trying to find a route to Miriam without getting clobbered in the overworld). I stupidly spent all my valor points on the Renault fight, then had to throw bodies at Galerius to whittle him down. From enjoying breezy fights to a massive difficulty spike was not fun.

The game is *fantastic* though. Need to mess around with the conditions etc and really spend time setting up some combos but it's awesome. Really glad I jumped on this.

Top Bottom