• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
not really. aerys wanted to blow up the entire city, cersei just blew up a building and a bit of the surrounding area. considering that earlier jaime was willing to kill most of these people, it would be pretty silly if the method of slaughter would be so objectionable to him. cersei probably avoided some loss of life, at least on the lannister side, that would have resulted from an actual assault on the faith.

and really, i have not really seen much evidence that jaime gives that much of a fuck about his kids. he certainly didn't grieve too long over myrcella and joffrey. there was like one bonding moment with myrcella before she died, and he never really did anything about the bad pussies and the rest responsible. he's going to fuck cersei up because of a suicide?

Things the actor has said regarding the finale:

“I think basically he’s in shock,” he continued. “So many things are going through his head — you look down and you see your sister telling the rest of the world to go to hell."

“The woman you love has turned into this seemingly mad woman. If you were a couples counsellor you would tell him to maybe reconsider this relationship.”

Speaking about whether Jaime could forgive Cersei, he said: “If he can forgive her for this, I think he can forgive her for everything. She was responsible for genocide, she forced their last child to commit suicide."

"He once said, 'The things I do for love,' and it was all about protecting his sister and also the kids," said Nikolaj, "Now they're all gone."

"We won't find out until next season how Jamie reacts to that... The cruel irony is that he killed the Mad King in order to save King's Landing and he comes back to find out his sister pulled the trigger instead."

Ratrat

Are we sure she would have been executed? The faith so far hasn't executed anyone.
She would have been executed or suffered what Loras did at best. But she's accused of regicide and adultery so the odds aren't good. She would never confess that anyway, but its Lancels word against hers. She was dead imo.

They did straight up murder Littlefingers clients....for some reason.

Iksenpets

Banned
So are we assuming TWOW to be massively different from season 6 or do we expect it to follow the same general story beats?

Piecing together what they've hinted at in interviews, it seems like they have a very general rundown of things. Hodor dies holding a door. Cersei eventually sets off the wildfire and has a period as Queen after Tommen and Myrcella are dead. But all the hows, whens, and whys are different. They weren't given the step-by-step of how to get there, because Martin doesn't even know yet. I would look at something like the Dorne plot, which is completely different but mirrors the basic structure of Dorne backing the Targs, as a guide for the level of similarity you'll see between Winds and season 6/7.

Crisco

Banned
not really. aerys wanted to blow up the entire city, cersei just blew up a building and a bit of the surrounding area. considering that earlier jaime was willing to kill most of these people, it would be pretty silly if the method of slaughter would be so objectionable to him. cersei probably avoided some loss of life, at least on the lannister side, that would have resulted from an actual assault on the faith.

and really, i have not really seen much evidence that jaime gives that much of a fuck about his kids. he certainly didn't grieve too long over myrcella and joffrey. there was like one bonding moment with myrcella before she died, and he never really did anything about the bad pussies and the rest responsible. he's going to fuck cersei up because of a suicide?

Uh, plenty of Lannisters died, including her uncle Kevan and her son. You can call it a "suicide", but it was totally preventable if Cersei hadn't just abandoned him in his grief to go torture a nun. That's Lannister blood on her hands, as well as dozens of innocents in and around the sept. Jaime talks a big game sometimes, but he's not a psychopath.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom