• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 7 - Sundays on HBO

Moff

Bloodraven is R'hllor, of that I am certain.
He was also part time the secret leader of the white walkers.
now that his mortal shell is gone he can go full time r'hllor and bran leads the white walkers
you'll see

fantomena

Moff

it will most certainly not end with a big fight against the white walkers, never. that would be lame as hell. the only thing worse would be the trope that the monsters had noble motives all along and just had to kill all of mankind for the greater good. I expect something smarter from GRRM and I also expect it to be in the show.

fantomena

it will most certainly not end with a big fight against the white walkers, never. that would be lame as hell. the only thing worse would be the trope that the monsters had noble motives all along and just had to kill all of mankind for the greater good. I expect something smarter from GRRM and I also expect it to be in the show.

Im pretty sure GRRM, David Benioff and D.B. Weiss have all confirmed that the show and books will take different paths, but the paths will end up in the same place.

John Dunbar

correct about everything

you're going to get jon and dany teaming up to take down the big bad and you're going to like it.

Can't decide if I want to watch this first or Dougie Jones.

Twin Peaks is a five course meal. Thrones is dessert.

giphy.gif

jett

D-Member
I wonder if D and D think they're clever for doing this

Not gonna say any more than that, but I think they write every death past the books this way.

Well I guess that makes Cersei's potential death easy to imagine what it's going to be like, huh. :p

jfkgoblue

This has been the slowest Sunday ever... normally I don't look forward to Sunday nights due to work on Monday, but the hype is real.

Out of curiosity - what fiction has this trope exactly ? I feel like it's common but cannot come up with a compelling example - one where the monsters are not wrong in some sense about why they had to kill all of mankind

Magnus

So, click this to go to 4m00s in the YouTube vid for HBO's Season 6 Episode 6 Inside the Episode, immediately turn CC on (the YouTube closed captions) and watch/read the rest of the clip. I found it hilarious.

https://youtu.be/MxwXdWAGm0o?t=243

How "massive deep shit" gets in there is amazing.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I would fill you in but I have to leave for work. I expect a full and in-depth cunt-stained finger report from one of the other fine GAFfers in this thread when I return.

There was a Tumblr post detailing a lot of unpleasant Linda-isms, but it appears to have been removed.

Skimmed through the thread a bit, this was never followed up on. Why is she so terrible? All I know about them is that their IaF knowledge is massive... and obsessive. Talking about the series with them probably isn't all that fun :p

Skimmed through the thread a bit, this was never followed up on. Why is she so terrible? All I know about them is that their IaF knowledge is massive... and obsessive. Talking about the series with them probably isn't all that fun :p
Mods felt it would shit up the thread to discuss them and their behavior and I tend to agree. I'm actually unfamiliar as well so I guess I'll be going down the Google hole

Gigglepoo

DE4qgDTXgAApJ0m.jpg:large

I'll go with someone falling off a boat. I think there are going to be at least 12 boats in the first episode. Someone has to accidentally fall off to their death. It's easy money.

Moff

I am hoping for a nice cold opening
Jaqen eviscerating Sam and Gilly in the citadel would be great

Chopper

Winds of Winter has just finished here in the UK. I am going to go on record and say that it is the best season finale ever. I could not be more hyped.

Gnome

Winds of Winter has just finished here in the UK. I am going to go on record and say that it is the best season finale ever. I could not be more hyped.

Yeah, I know everyone loves Battle of the Bastards, but I think the finale was better.

hydruxo

Absolutely nothing beats the string music leading up to the destruction of the Sept of Baelor. I was gobsmacked then and I'm gobsmacked now.

I remember listening to the first two minutes of Light of the Seven last year before the finale and stopping myself from listening to any more because I could just tell it was something special.

And sure enough it was. What a great sequence that was.

ryseing

Yeah, I know everyone loves Battle of the Bastards, but I think the finale was better.

Definitely prefer the finale. That cut to Jon, than Lyanna embarassing some Northern fools... Probably my favorite scene in the series.

DAKINGINDANORF

Apt101

I know it's been discussed already but I still disagree with splitting threads at this point. There isn't a single thing left the show will take from books (maybe some minute details with Sam?) and it would be nice to have one very active thread.

I can only guess that show-only viewers don't want any information from the books, which will never mean anything to them, discussed at the kiddie table.

jfkgoblue

I can only guess that show-only viewers don't want any information from the books, which will never mean anything to them, discussed at the kiddie table.
I keep talking in both threads and it is pretty annoying, there is pretty much no more spoilers left from the books.

This wait is killing me. I'm stuck at work right now and it's dead so I may be able to catch a little of the premiere on my phone but do I want to spoil it on a tiny screen? Ugh but can I wait?

Gnome

I keep talking in both threads and it is pretty annoying, there is pretty much no more spoilers left from the books.
I do the same. They just don't want us telling them which parts would've been better if they stuck to the book, because honestly, at the end of the day, the books really don't matter anymore to the show runners. So it's basically a dead conversational point.

Apt101

Where do I need to be on the HBO Go app? Is it a constantly closing and opening the app sort of thing?

If it's the same as last year, just go to the GoT page in the app and begin refreshing it starting around 20:50.

Edit: listen to captjohnboyd - probably a better idea to relaunch the app to refresh

Top Bottom