• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 7 - Sundays on HBO

What's worse than blowing up the sept--which contained the high septon and queen--causing his son to kill himself? The time for Jamie to turn on Cercei because she's evil has come and gone.

I think had she not been queen, he might have done it. As soon as she's named queen, he's automatically the Lord Commander of the Queens guard.

I'm down for Euron stealing a dragon. This craziness just a persona to fool everyone. We see the book Euron, the true Euron as a end game season 8 villain.

I feel after the Jon scene, the show is definitely getting at Targs having a bond with dragons.

Wrt Jamie. If he does finally leave Cersei it'll carry no weight with me. The time has long gone. These YouTube oatbreaker videos formed a character that hasn't existed in the show since season 3.

I'm down for Euron stealing a dragon. This craziness just a persona to fool everyone. We see the book Euron, the true Euron as a end game season 8 villain.

I feel after the Jon scene, the show is definitely getting at Targs having a bond with dragons.

Wrt Jamie. If he does finally leave Cersei it'll carry no weight with me. The time has long gone. These YouTube oatbreaker videos formed a character that hasn't existed in the show since season 3.
I also think having yet another important/main character/fan fav person being ANOTHER Targ would cheapen Jon's importance.

In the books they could still do Aegon or Darkstar. Just no one else we already know kthx.

I have been rewatching some of the older episodes and man, one thing I miss (part of the better writing I suppose) is the dry humour. There are so many amusing lines that are delivered just right.

Varys: ''Ugly old thing''
LF: ''Yet it has a certain appeal''
Varys: ''The Lysa Arryn of chairs''

duckroll

Okay, I was just saying in the other thread. Yes, there is a big ass leak. HBO sucks again, but if we can all not talk about it, that will make the threads easier to moderate. Thanks!

Damn. Glad I was on exam lockdown during the door. I'd have hate to have that ruined. The last truly great moment in the series for me (yes the actions great and all).

Things like that coming from GRRM and the quality of the preview chapters give me hope TWoW will be FANTASTIC should we ever get it.

watershed

Banned
What's worse than blowing up the sept--which contained the high septon and queen--causing his son to kill himself? The time for Jamie to turn on Cercei because she's evil has come and gone.
I don't know. Show Jamie is way too soft, especially his reaction to his own son committing suicide because of Cersei. His character is broken in the show. But I still think that is his end game. Kill Cersei, become Queen-Slayer, poetic, it rhymes, etc.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
It really feels like it's been 3 consecutive seasons with decent to massive leaks.

I remember a season having a reviewers copy getting out, was like the opening episodes.

What was up with Jon saying 'I wish you good fortune in the wars to come' anyway?

Such a throw away line. In the books it can be perceived as Arthur Dayne knowing of the prophecy. Jon saying it kinda cheapens the line, idk. I believe Mance Rayder says it too.

Odd.

What do people think of Edric Dayne anywhoo? Potentially interesting character given his connection to Jon Snow.

What was up with Jon saying 'I wish you good fortune in the wars to come' anyway?

Such a throw away line. In the books it can be perceived as Arthur Dayne knowing of the prophecy. Jon saying it kinda cheapens the line, idk. I believe Mance Rayder says it too.

Odd.

What do people think of Edric Dayne anywhoo? Potentially interesting character given his connection to Jon Snow.
Iimh5rf.gif

duckroll

Yeah, HBO Nordic. It's always one HBO streaming platform or another. With the company pushing for same day broadcast worldwide, fuck ups seem inevitable because somewhere someone could just mess up while testing something. I guess it's like how there's always a probability of big games leaking early because of retail shipments worldwide to meet demand, and you just need one retailer to fuck up and break street date.

The prophesy said "3 children and golden will be there crowns"

But they decided to include a 4th child and make him a black haired child.
well I'm not sure if the 4th child and this 5th child will matter, because (assuming the 5th is a miscarriage or stillbirth) they both will be dead before Cersei gets to love them as actual children.
thatsthejoke.gif
wait, what exactly is the joke?

Brakke

Banned

Odd.

It's just a common Westerosi valediction.

You wanna talk about cheapened lines, let's talk "where whores go" or "nipples on a breastplate" or "words are wind" or or or.

It's just a common Westerosi valediction.

You wanna talk about cheapened lines, let's talk "where whores go" or "nipples on a breastplate" or "words are wind" or or or.

Well that makes it a lot less cool :(

always thought it was a hint at arthur dayne knowing of the prophecy.

Well that makes it a lot less cool :(

always thought it was a hint at arthur dayne knowing of the prophecy.

well, everyone we know that that's been wished upon died.

Arthur to Ned: I wish you good fortune in the wars to come.

Ned may have won Robert's Rebellion but he was basically the spark to the War of the 5 Kings. Or one of the sparks. The spark that got Robb Stark started in the war.

Mance to Stannis: I wish you good fortune in the wars to come.

Stannis loses the Winterfell war to Ramsay Bolton.

Jon to Dany: I wish you good fortune in the wars to come.

Maybe Dany is successful in helping Jon win the winter war but (part of) the bittersweet ending is her dying before she can take the Queen crown from Cersei?

Uh the episode with Field of Fire 2.0 leaked. The entire SEASON outline leaked. It's out there if you want to know about it.

It did?

I mean when was the last time something actually surprising leaked (or was in danger of leaking).

I haven't read the season outline but it really feels like these last 2 seasons are full fanfiction with nothing actually interesting happening even tho it is still entertaining show.

I'll be extremely surprised if the series has any curveballs left to throw.

I also think the reason they are rolling with another Cersi pregnancy is so when he kills Cersi he also kills his own child, knowingly. Hurt so much he doesn't want to see a incestual child deal with the shit his mother will bestow upon him/her and the pain and suffering they will likely deal with. Think it would be insane to see on screen.

I also think the reason they are rolling with another Cersi pregnancy is so when he kills Cersi he also kills his own child, knowingly. Hurt so much he doesn't want to see a incestual child deal with the shit his mother will bestow upon him/her and the pain and suffering they will likely deal with. Think it would be insane to see on screen.

I don't think she's pregnant.

mantidor

wait, what exactly is the joke?

You sweet summer child sometimes I'm not sure if you are for real :p

The post you quoted is ironically/jokingly agreeing with you, the show already threw out of the window the prophecy of Cersei's children in the first episode when she talks about this other kid she had and that apparently was an actual Baratheon since he had black hair.

I have this hunch D&D wanted to go nuts and later reveal Cersei killed her child or something, or Jaime, I don't know, they make so much stuff that makes no sens. Sometimes I feel they didn't had much faith at the beginning and left those kind of openings to diverge from the books in case the actual story didn't work out but that was how they were waaay overestimating their writing abilities.

CassSept

well, everyone we know that that's been wished upon died.

Arthur to Ned: I wish you good fortune in the wars to come.

Ned may have won Robert's Rebellion but he was basically the spark to the War of the 5 Kings. Or one of the sparks. The spark that got Robb Stark started in the war.

Mance to Stannis: I wish you good fortune in the wars to come.

Stannis loses the Winterfell war to Ramsay Bolton.

Jon to Dany: I wish you good fortune in the wars to come.

Maybe Dany is successful in helping Jon win the winter war but (part of) the bittersweet ending is her dying before she can take the Queen crown from Cersei?

I swear this is not the first time that line had been said this season, while watching Eastwatch I felt it's starting to reach 'words are wind' level of saturation this season, but I don't really have proof to back it up.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
If you've been watching the behind the episode segments every week, it's becoming abundantly clear that GRRM gave them almost no details concerning how the story plays out. They're definitely winging it for like 90% of the plot.

There are no broad strokes on display here mang. This is A Song of D & D now.

Huh, I thought they'd get at least a short plot outline and broad character arcs. That's extra concerning since it shows GURM himself hasn't worked it out yet :/ But at least I know that this dumb cage plot will most likely not be in the books.

Well this is definitely interesting info. Now it will be all the more painful if George doesn't manage to finish the series.

So yeaaaaah episode six has leaked as from the previously mentioned of the apparent HBO Spain screw up so keep on guard and remember no talking about it.

Aiii

So not worth it
Huh, I thought they'd get at least a short plot outline and broad character arcs. That's extra concerning since it shows GURM himself hasn't worked it out yet :/ But at least I know that this dumb cage plot will most likely not be in the books.

Well this is definitely interesting info. Now it will be all the more painful if George doesn't manage to finish the series.

This is what they got:
Showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss recently told Entertainment Weekly that during a 2013 meeting with Martin, they learned about "three holy sh— moments" the Song of Ice and Fire author intended to include in his series — two of which have already happened.

The first took place in the ninth episode of season five, when Stannis agreed to allow Melisandre to burn his daughter Shireen. The second was, of course, the revelation in Sunday's episode that Bran Stark was the cause of both Hodor's condition and death. And the third? Well, the third, "is from the very end," Benioff told EW.

and

”Last year we went out to Santa Fe for a week to sit down with [Martin] and just talk through where things are going, because we don't know if we are going to catch up and where exactly that would be," Benioff says in the April issue of Vanity Fair. "If you know the ending, then you can lay the groundwork for it. And so we want to know how everything ends. We want to be able to set things up. So we just sat down with him and literally went through every character."
They were there for a week, so they probably covered broad story beats for each of the characters ending.

Note that GRRM is a discovery writer, he probably doesn't know specific beats aside from the ending himself yet. Aside from those already written for the sixth book, which isn't even remotely done now, let alone when this meeting happened in 2015.

TTG

For a week? There's a lot more conflating taking place than I had impression of. The zombie in a cage thing is straight asinine, like I said, hopefully it all goes wrong or superseded right away and we get something good out of it. With Winterfell it's too early to tell.

In my mind, the early episodes of this season were all scenes they had to shoot and get out of the way. None of it struck me as great, there wasn't much passion behind it, Sam's bit was the only thing that came alive limited as it was. Maybe if Dany and Jon's initial meeting didn't fall so flat with some crappy dialogue. The tone changed with the loot train battle and they've regained a more familiar(and fun) position of keeping the audience off balance. Where they went to do so is dubious, but I like it better. Just wait for Sunday, too early to criticize before then.

Kerned

Banned
For a week? There's a lot more conflating taking place than I had impression of. The zombie in a cage thing is straight asinine, like I said, hopefully it all goes wrong or superseded right away and we get something good out of it. With Winterfell it's too early to tell.

It's a terrible plan. I assume something will go very wrong and it will lead to the destruction or breaching of the wall. I would love the last shot of the season to be the wall collapsing and the dead streaming through.

It would feel tonally correct for actions of the human characters to cause the wall to fall.

Massa

Zombie in a cage hasn't happened yet. It's a silly reason for sure but it's hardly the whole story. If you want to figure out whether Jon going North again also happens in the books it might be a good idea to wait and see what actually happens.

TTG

Zombie in a cage hasn't happened yet. It's a silly reason for sure but it's hardly the whole story. If you want to figure out whether Jon going North again also happens in the books it might be a good idea to wait and see what actually happens.

I know, that's why I said so later in the post. I do expect to find out why the red god has been keeping what's-his-face alive all this time at least.

NandoGip

We all know Cersei is a piece of shit, but would you say shes a villain? Obviously shes on the opposite side of the heroes but her motivations arent like Ramsay/Euron.

I ask this because I'm trying to figure out what happens with her.

We all know Cersei is a piece of shit, but would you say shes a villain? Obviously shes on the opposite side of the heroes but her motivations arent like Ramsay/Euron.

Don't see how there's any ambiguity. She's definitely the villain of the show. I say this as we have fuck all characterisation for the nights king and he isn't a character per se.

Cersei be evil. At least earlier on you could say she did it all to protect her children, her one redeeming feature alongside her cheekbones.

Chuckie

Her motivations seem to be unlimited powaaaaaaah. She blew a whole sept up including shitloads of people.

And after Tommens death you can't even say she is doing it for the kids.

Aiii

So not worth it
Watch the night king sit on the iron throne

Everyone else dies

I'd love this.

Just like how The Matrix should have ended with the extermination of humankind and a reset of The Matrix and Harry Potter should have ended with Harry dying to allow for the end of the Voldemort.

Fuck it all, end it with a panning shot of the frozen planet, as it zooms all the way back to Earth where some pop star cameo, maybe Lily Allen for shits and giggles, looking through a telescope at the planet, that would be great.

Top Bottom