• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unravel 10 hour trial now available on EA Access

eme

The recommended specs aren't all that true. Tried on two rigs. Hopefully it's just this demo build. 970m is stutter city, while 980 is running it just fine, a simple switch from 1080p to 900p literally doubles frame-rates. Odd.

Certinty

Loved the first level. Controls great and looks even more beautiful. Unless the game is very short I'll definitely end up buying it.

They're not poor, it's just different. It's a cinematic platformer with physics, much like Limbo. Not even close to LittleBigPlanet which is the worst at that kind. Yarny is more responsive.

I wouldn't rate them as poor. Just not as tight as I would have expected and there is a bit of jank here and there. Some will not notice or get lost in other things and thats what the world seems primed to deliver.

Thanks guys. I'll keep it on my radar for now.

I don't know about you, but Yarny can be more creepy than cute.

unravel_game_yarny_idle_by_digi_matrix-d9qhx6b.gif

cube001

The game crashes immediately after I start the game, I tried it on both my desktop and laptop with the same results.

Anyone else having the same problem? And have you resolved it?

MaulerX

Loving this game so far. Graphics, music and atmosphere are superb. Puzzles seemed challenging but not frustrating.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Amazing visuals and music, but sadly the gameplay just didn't grab me. I only made to the last part of the first level and just kind of lost interest.

Seemingly a puzzle game, wrapped in a platformer skin. Not for me, but I think some people will love this.

razzel

Love this game. Not understanding the complaints with the gameplay, controls are smooth on Xbox One and the puzzles are very well done.

Novocaine

Looks really nice. I think I'll wait for it to become a vault game though. It's not something I'll want to play through more than once. It's good to see EA make something different for a change.

I beat the first two levels. It's a pretty good game, but not one I love. The controls can be frustrating, and some of the puzzles are obtuse.

It's a lot like LIMBO, and is quite beautiful. If you like that type of game, it should be up your alley.

RawNuts

How do I play the trial if I already have it pre-ordered on Xbone? Selecting the option in the Access hub simply takes me to the store listing, where it tells me that it's too early to play.

EDIT: Disregard, the option just popped up almost 2 minutes later.

I finally caved and went EA Access.Played this and really enjoyed it so far,not sure how long the game will be,but hope its pretty challenging.

Warxard

Banned
I feel that the grappling and yarn tying isn't all that responsive, and some of the things you need to do during the levels (the kite that you can actually move with the stick, the Apple section of level one) aren't as telegraphed to let the player Oknow you can control them.

Also crabs are jerks. Tried to get a yarn spool and this dude rushed me back into the cave smh

Solid game. I think I will cop.

For starters, the only thing that bugged me was the music. It is sweet at first but on the second level it starts to get really repetitive. Makes me wonder how other game music directors make songs that don't get annoying after minutes/hours of playing.

Otherwise, this game is WONDERFUL. I played with my roommate next to me on the couch (who doesn't play games), and we absolutely loved it. This thing is insanely gorgeous, sweet, and full of life. Do what I did and get EA Access for $5 and try it, it will be worth it.

Just finished the first two levels. I can certainly see myself grabbing this. Just a great relaxing experience, with puzzles that are not overly challenging.

JonnyKong

Just got round to finishing this.

Despite finding the controls a little cumbersome sometimes, I found the game superb, and pre-ordered immediately afterwards. A couple of puzzles towards the end of level 2 were a bitch.

WizardSquid

Neo Member
I'm having trouble running it on my xbone. Every time I start it I get the popup saying how much time I have left, then it loads for a few seconds before dumping me back to the dashboard. Anyone else having this problem or know of a way to fix it?

The Argus

I'm having trouble running it on my xbone. Every time I start it I get the popup saying how much time I have left, then it loads for a few seconds before dumping me back to the dashboard. Anyone else having this problem or know of a way to fix it?

This happened to me with the Need For Speed trial. A full reboot (selectable from the menu) seemed to fix it.

Falchion

I came in here to ask it you could beat the entire game during the trial but I see now it's limited to the first 2 levels. That's fair though.

FaintDeftone

I really enjoyed the trial and will most likely be picking it up. I don't understand the complaints of frustration or obtuse puzzles though. I breezed through the entire two stages and I only got stuck on one part that didn't take me long to figure out. I'm a fan so far but we'll see how it goes when I play through the rest.

DirtyLarry

I forget as it has been awhile since I have used EA Access, is there any way for me to download the EA Access trial through the XBox One site while I am at work, or do I need to do that from EA Access on my One itself?

EDIT- Answered my own question. Just was able to "Try it for Free" from the XBox One Games Store website. Please note, that link is to the US website.

Top Bottom