• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Until Dawn for PS5 and PC Revealed | State of Play Trailer

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Rebuilt entirely in Unreal Engine 5

image.png

The Story:

When eight friends return to the isolated lodge where two of their group vanished a year prior, fear tightens its icy grip, and their mountain retreat descends into a nightmare with no escape.
Face your fears and determine who survives Until Dawn in this seminal horror classic, rebuilt and enhanced for PC.

A new gen experience:

Immerse yourself in a gripping slasher horror rebuilt from the ground up with stunning visuals in Unreal Engine 5.
Enhanced by movie-like cinematography, refined gameplay mechanics and more, venture into a thrilling exploration of an isolated mountain where nothing is as it seems.

Discover new collectibles, all-new environments to investigate, and re-cut narrative sequences that deepen the mystery further. Get closer to the action with an all-new, immersive third-person camera, and enjoy a brand-new musical score and reauthored audio that’ll keep you on the edge of your seat throughout the journey.

Release planned for PS5 and PC in 2024.

PC screenshots:

ss_7f8154ba8de5e5823e935dabb10a4e5e7ac010da.jpg
ss_655b2f5c5dd338a81d65c08e30ab1751c5019019.jpg
ss_ba9ea9c933bf12c95f432a4fbd03d458f9d00270.jpg
ss_f803228d487e34adacf93e6fa0864057e225db5a.jpg

Last edited:

SRTtoZ

OMG OMG OMG OMG

Love this game. As soon as I heard Peter Stormare I was like, oh this is gonna be another Until Dawn type of game but I never heard of the studio but then it all finally clicked when I saw the characters lol. I beat it again like a few months back and its in desperate need of a 'remaster' so yea this makes sense.

Day 1.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I love this game

Will re-buy on PC

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

jshackles

Hopefully with the next-gen "rebuild" (whatever that means) and PC release, it gives them the tools they need to make a sequel finally.

eerik9000

"Rebuilt" for PS5. Would have been nice if they explained exactly what was "rebuilt".
Rebuilt? I fear that this is another resolution and fps increase and nothing else.
Here you go:
Rebuilt in Unreal Engine 5, Until Dawn has seen enhancements across the board, all made with passion and care for the original from the team of horror lovers, film fanatics, and veteran game makers at Ballistic Moon; and it’s coming to PS5 and PC this year!

Until Dawn has been rebuilt with the latest tools and techniques. New and improved animations build on the success of the original character performances. Characters, environments and VFX have been upgraded – all for a truly enhanced cinematic horror experience.

We use a broader cinematic tonal colour palette and new perspectives to make the story more nuanced and emotional. We’ve been brave enough to shine a light into the dark, unseen corners of Blackwood Mountain and added a third-person camera, which means you can now look behind the curtain of the original game, exploring enhanced and new locations with new interactions and collectables.

Incorporating a third-person camera and adding contextual character movement animations, the game now allows the player to really feel the experience of that fateful night.

Until Dawn’s sound has undergone a massive overhaul too, featuring a new score from legendary horror composer Mark Korven.

We’ve endeavoured to keep the fantastic narrative integratory of the original, but we have seized the opportunity to expand upon unexplored emotional parts of the story.

Look out for more news on this enhanced version of Until Dawn coming later this year.

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Rebuilt?

Fuck yeah!
"Rebuilt" for PS5. Would have been nice if they explained exactly what was "rebuilt".
Glad to see on PC, but there is no huge graphical jump to warrant a remaster.
Looked about the same to me…

Great game though for those interested. I’d like to try some of the more unique runs
Hopefully with the next-gen "rebuild" (whatever that means) and PC release, it gives them the tools they need to make a sequel finally.

Per Steam it uses Unreal Engine 5:

Immerse yourself in a gripping slasher horror rebuilt from the ground up with stunning visuals in Unreal Engine 5. Enhanced by movie-like cinematography, refined gameplay mechanics and more, venture into a thrilling exploration of an isolated mountain where nothing is as it seems.

Reaseru

We are back to the time when videogames were used to promote movies. SIE is no longer focused into making videogames.

Damn, I remember this game looking so good back in the day and while watching the trailer I didn't even noticed that much of a difference (maybe because of the steam quality) but looking back at how the PS4 version looks the improvement it's very noticeable, and it seems like they even changed camera angles and stuff like that.

Remaster:
ss_7f8154ba8de5e5823e935dabb10a4e5e7ac010da.jpg

PS4:
DnlIXXW.png

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
Damn, I remember this game looking so good back in the day and while watching the trailer I didn't even noticed that much of a difference (maybe because of the steam quality) but looking back at how the PS4 version looks the improvement it's very noticeable, and it seems like they even changed camera angles and stuff like that.

Remaster:

PS4:
Yeah, it's clear that this isn't a remster and got the rebuild treatment! Makes it so much better!

bender

What time is it?
Easily the best PlayStation exclusive to make it to PC. Hopefully there is an upgrade path.

Eimran

I would have loved a sequel but holy hell this looks good. One of the best games of the last gen.

Top Bottom