• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (~200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2017 Edition ||

Metalgus

Banned
I have a quick question for you Vita experts. I know I want to get Ys VIII phyiscal, but money is a bit tight lately + even if I buy it on release date, I couldn't get around to playing it until 2018.

Let's say I hold off buying it for now, how long before the print run is sold out and resellers start showing up with expensive prices? I noticed Celcetta is still at a reasonable price, but other Vita games are expensive.

I know you don't have crystal balls, but do you think I should hurry and secure my copy now or is it safe to assume I can still find it for MSRP in a year from now?

Shizuka

I have a quick question for you Vita experts. I know I want to get Ys VIII phyiscal, but money is a bit tight lately + even if I buy it on release date, I couldn't get around to playing it until 2018.

Let's say I hold off buying it for now, how long before the print run is sold out and resellers start showing up with expensive prices? I noticed Celcetta is still at a reasonable price, but other Vita games are expensive.

I know you don't have crystal balls, but do you think I should hurry and secure my copy now or is it safe to assume I can still find it for MSRP in a year from now?

I don't think the standard edition will become that rare, no NIS America game has done that yet, specially one that's still coming.

Like Shizuka, I also don't believe you're gonna have to worry too much about that one.

A good number of stores have it available for pre-order as well, which seems to point at a decent sized run.

I don't know about a year from now, but you'll still find it on online retailer for months.
If money is really that tight then I'd say you could wait until end of winter.
There are some rare case like Odin Sphere (the one of top of my head) that had a small print but usually you still find vita games month after their release.

I don't think the standard edition will become that rare, no NIS America game has done that yet, specially one that's still coming.

Ehh I wouldn't say that exactly. Rose in the Twilight goes for at least double (usually 3-4x) it's original price and it's pretty clear at this point that Operation Babel only had one print, which is why it's so hard to find new copies for retail price.

i-Jest

Ehh I wouldn't say that exactly. Rose in the Twilight goes for at least double (usually 3-4x) it's original price and it's pretty clear at this point that Operation Babel only had one print, which is why it's so hard to find new copies for retail price.

Operation Babel is hard to find, in what region or country? I can still find it online at MSRP.

US, only place I can find at MSRP or below is Gamestop and I have a hard time believing them when it comes to having "new" niche Vita games that are several months old at this point.

I remember ages ago thinking Amazing Spiderman would become impossible to find (was regularly going for £30+) then they printed some more copies and now you can get it for like £20 (previously it was like £15)

Not saying it's a guarantee, but reprints can and do happen.

I remember ages ago thinking Amazing Spiderman would become impossible to find (was regularly going for £30+) then they printed some more copies and now you can get it for like £20 (previously it was like £15)

Not saying it's a guarantee, but reprints can and do happen.

Where do you get those UK copies of Amazing Spiderman for like £20?

I don't disagree with there always being a chance of a reprint, but Marvel licensed games are maybe not the best example, since those licenses expire regularly.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I ordered LEGO Marvel Avengers from Amazon (3rd party seller) and I got the Latin America version.

I didn't realize LATAM had unique SKUs with bilingual covers. I guess I should have known since I have Epic Mickey 2.
Going to send it back though.

Where do you get those UK copies of Amazing Spiderman for like £20?

I don't disagree with there always being a chance of a reprint, but Marvel licensed games are maybe not the best example, since those licenses expire regularly.

Probably should've been more clear.

What I meant was, a while ago when I bought it I paid £30 for a pre-owned copy because there were like none around - so I bought it thinking it would disappear.

Then they printed a load of new copies which were on sale in Argos and on Amazon iirc.

And now you can get pre-owned copies for £20, presumably because there's lower demand as there's more stock around.

(For example, my local Grainger Games sell them for £20 and they have them in stock online too)

Shizuka

Sept 1, 2017 - We have the revised ROMS from BNE and are uploading them to Sony so they'll be ready for the QA approval process to begin there over the weekend. Both the North American and the European releases will be tested, so we should have a close to simultaneous release physically and digitally in North America as well as digitally on PSN in Europe - a first for us! The pre-order soundtrack premiums are in manufacture for GameStop and going out next week, with the ones for distributors shortly thereafter. If you haven't already, it would be a good idea to get your preorder for either version of the game in so you're guaranteed a soundtrack and will be first on your block to show off a current generation game with a respectable (actually giant) physical manual packed in. And while you enjoy your Labor Day weekend, cross your fingers and send good vibes to QA to help things along. We're finally almost to release!

Source: Gaijinworks.

autoduelist

US, only place I can find at MSRP or below is Gamestop and I have a hard time believing them when it comes to having "new" niche Vita games that are several months old at this point.

Had credit to burn so bought used copy of babel from GameStop last week. It, world of ff, and grand kingdom all arrived in like new condition.

Had credit to burn so bought used copy of babel from GameStop last week. It, world of ff, and grand kingdom all arrived in like new condition.

Ya my complaining on that was pretty useless considering I spent some time looking and saw Gamefly had it for 25 including shipping/tax and I haven't had issues with their quality. Never really thought to look there, even though I've bought several games from them so far and they came in like new condition for cheap.

Cornbread78

There's an item that can automatically level a card, but there aren't a whole lot of them since their intended use is to bypass the more difficult rubbing games.
For many cards, though, they get stronger with the second stage and the third is mostly a stat rearrangement so you can stop after just one transformation if you don't wanna be rubbing endlessly.

The one trophy I'm missing for the Plat in that game is one where I need a huge number of different cards which would just be me rubbing endlessly which is holding me back, so I feel you.

Yeah, I did a few cards, but it actually downgraded them? Now I can't beat the first mission in chp.2 because I can't keep up with the power/lvl of cards the comp has. Wtf...

Yeah, I did a few cards, but it actually downgraded them? Now I can't beat the first mission in chp.2 because I can't keep up with the power/lvl of cards the comp has. Wtf...
Yeah, there's lots of lateral movement. Lots of "it loses 2 attack and gains 3 defense" happening.
The game doesn't really get hard at all until the very end, though...
Are you using your special attacks and combining monsters as they march down the lanes?

Pikma

Banned
So I'm looking to try a 3D RPG on my Vita and was wondering if you guys had any recommendations

I have barely played any vita games so I'd guess the options are quite numerous.

i-Jest

So I'm looking to try a 3D RPG on my Vita and was wondering if you guys had any recommendations

I have barely played any vita games so I'd guess the options are quite numerous.

Ragnarök Odyssey Ace or YS Memories of Celceta come to mind at first. Those are more action based I guess. Tales of Hearts R is another alternative I guess. Dragons Crown, while still a beat'em up, still has RPG elements like tailoring your character stats I believe. The visuals may not appeal to you though.

Anyone else care to chime in?

Jimrpg

Atelier series

Final Fantasy X / X-2 - 2 games for the price of 1!

Persona 4 Golden

Tales of Hearts R

Tokyo Xanadu

Trails of Cold Steel 1 & 2

World of Final Fantasy

Ys (Origins/Celceta/Lacrimosa of Dana)

There are also plenty of DRPGs too, if none of the above interest you. Demon Gaze, Dungeon Travelers 2, Stranger of Sword City are probably the best ones.

There's PSP and PS1 classics as well that are playable on Vita - things like Final Fantasy Tactics, Tactics Ogre, Trails in the Sky

EDIT: Two games that recently got remade for other systems and were on the PS2 but not on Vita - Dragon Quest VIII and FFXII - Boy I really wish these were on the Vita, I pretty much bought a new 3DS for DQVIII alone. :(

Persona 4 Golden.

I got it for 10 bucks in a sale thinking "let's see what a JRPG is like" and it ended up being my favorite game of all time.

Final Fantasy X Remastered is great too. A bit cliché perhaps, but the world is beautiful and the soundtrack is sublime. The cast is really likable too.

Stalk

man, I'd love Tokyo Xanadu with a much more lightweight story. Pretty good recommendation though, I just found it completely mind numbing for the parts that weren't dungeons.

I'd recommend the Ys games and the PSP ones on top. Oath in Felghana gets a thumbs up. Phantasy Star Nova and Toukiden 2 are also great if you wanna spill into the monhun-lite areas.

oldmario

Mary Skelter LE is down to 50% for the NA store and 25% for the EU store if you were planning on getting it and haven't got it yet

Olengie

Don't forget Salt and Sanctuary orders, supposedly.

yeah if it pans out since the majority of LRG's September releases got pushed to October. There is a possibility that October's original releases got delayed as well. What I dont' want is for them to have a single release I'm not privy to paying for shipping on one title when I could be doing that for 2 releases.

i-Jest

I know this isn't really massive news but, latest Kamen Rider game isn't coming to Vita despite it basically being an asset flip of Battride War Genesis:

http://gematsu.com/2017/09/kamen-rider-climax-fighters-announced-ps4

Shame, although I can't say it looks great from the footage.

We're not missing out on much here.

*steels my heart for the many who will throw soft fruit my way*

yeah if it pans out since the majority of LRG's September releases got pushed to October. There is a possibility that October's original releases got delayed as well. What I dont' want is for them to have a single release I'm not privy to paying for shipping on one title when I could be doing that for 2 releases.

I forgot about those delays. Ugh, I pray the majority of that stuff are games the don't interest me.

Cornbread78

Yeah, there's lots of lateral movement. Lots of "it loses 2 attack and gains 3 defense" happening.
The game doesn't really get hard at all until the very end, though...
Are you using your special attacks and combining monsters as they march down the lanes?

It's more of a card selection issue when the battle starts where I'm getting a crappy selection of cards and none of them can stack and I can't get bonuses. All the while, they are double lvl 7 cards and my highest is 5.

Sondar

Reverie physical (available at Play Asia) arriving in 2018.

We are excited to announce a collaboration with the young and talented New Zealand-based studio Rainbite Limited to bring the PlayStation Vita action adventure game Reverie to Asia in early 2018.

Inspired by various 16-bit action adventure classics of the 90s and set on a fictional island in New Zealand, Reverie combines beautiful retro-style pixel art with well-thought-out gameplay. Players take on the role of Tai, a young boy on summer holiday who is exploring Toromi Island. With angry spirits threatening the safety of the island’s inhabitants, Tai must venture through dangerous dungeons and across a variety of environments to put the spirits to rest.

Reverie will be localized by eastasiasoft and playable in English, Japanese and traditional Chinese. Players can try out the game at the upcoming Tokyo Game Show in September 2017 at booth number 9-B19.

Apart from its digital PlayStation®Store release, Reverie will also be available as a limited-edition physical game at online retailer Play-Asia.com. The Reverie Limited Edition will include the game, a game manual, a soundtrack CD, an individually numbered certificate, a map and a collector’s box. More details will be announced soon.

About Reverie

Reverie is an action adventure game set on a fictional island in New Zealand, inspired by the legend of Maui and the Giant Fish where the demigod himself fishes up the North Island with a powerful fishhook.

You play as Tai, a young boy on summer holiday, who must explore Toromi Island. With angry spirits threatening the safety of the island’s inhabitants, Tai must venture through dangerous dungeons and across a variety of environments to put the spirits to rest.

Features:

Six dungeons to fight and puzzle through.
Many weapons and items to cater to different gameplay styles or be used in unique situations.
Story inspired by a Maori legend.
Explore a fictional island off the coast of New Zealand.
A wide variety of distinct environments to explore in the overworld.
Collect hidden feathers from New Zealand’s many beautiful native birds.

http://www.eastasiasoft.com/index.p...ure-game-reverie-coming-to-asia-in-early-2018

Top Bottom