• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (~200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2017 Edition ||

AniHawk

What are the chances of NISA doing more physical releases on the console?

not very likely, but i wouldn't rule anything out. if we're talking 2018. they started winding down a bit this year with digital touhou games. if they didn't have direct followups to games that were big on vita (demon gaze, danganronpa, ys, yomawari), it would probably have been unlikely after summer. i'm sure like a lot of niche publishers, they really want people to move to newer platforms (and ps4 isn't even 'new' anymore).

NA Drive Girls came today. Pleasantly surprised it's in that pseudo-musou genre like Senran Kagura as I bought it completely blind based solely on the fact it was a physical Vita game at retail.

autoduelist

is it possible for games sometimes to corrupt randomly from saving? playing uta tonight and just as i go to upload the save to the cloud it tells me the file is corrupted, when i start the game up it says the system data is corrupt and that i can't load saves or resume games

another weird thing that happened was when i looked at the information of the skittle to see if it really did need 4gb it just had - in the size info instead of the file size

don't tell me the memory card is really on its way out

It's extremely rare for a save to get corrupted just by saving - it usually requires a crash right during the save, which is rare - but it is possible. I recently had a corrupted save happen to Lords of the Fallen on PS4, but I think that's probably my only one in like the last 10 years.

i-Jest

Can someone sell me on God Eater 2: Rage Burst? I know little about it... I just read 2 reviews and I -think- it's a hunting game?

I already own several hunting games but always seem to start and not finish them [ragnorok ace, freedom wars, soul sacrifice].... i like them, but burn out quickly or something.

Also... how is Sword Art Online: Lost Song ?

----------

I know nothing about Coven but if it's a DRPG i'm in. Excited for DT2-2 because I absolutely loved the dungeons in the first... I also thought delayed spell casting was quite cool.

It's a Monster Hunter clone, like you thought. I've started the first game but never finished it, so I can't give you my two cents on the sequel.

Can someone sell me on God Eater 2: Rage Burst? I know little about it... I just read 2 reviews and I -think- it's a hunting game?

I already own several hunting games but always seem to start and not finish them [ragnorok ace, freedom wars, soul sacrifice].... i like them, but burn out quickly or something.

Yea it's a "hunting game" in a sense that you have to beat monster in small areas to earn part to craft some equipment.
I don't know if you are familiar with Monster Hunter but this game is quite different. It's more focused on combat and story than MH but the hunting aspect is greatly inferior. You can't harvest resources for example and the crafting system is just not as good as MH.

I've play both God Eater to 100% because there were actually fun to play. I didn't care about the story or any of the characters though (bad english VA is a big part of why).
Also the game start waaay too slowly and you have to beat the same trash for like 10/15hours before getting some interesting fights.
I found the endgame really good though, even better online or adhoc.

If you have any question I might help answering them, the game can be a bit confusing at first glance (on personalization and such)

Looks like the asian version of Ys Origin comes with the EFIGS languages even though it isn't mentioned anywhere: https://planetevita.fr/ys-origin-version-asia-francais-integral/

DJTqzpnVoAA3iVm.jpg

hmmm this may be the best place to ask

My Vita's screen ended up broken. I can still turn on the console but I basically can't play it. So I bought another one from one of my nephews, but it has his PSN account linked. Is it possible to log off, link my PSN account, insert my previous Vita's memory card and recover all my previous games?

Any recommendations for recent or upcoming exclusive US physical releases besides Summon Night 6?

Bad Apple Wars is the only exclusive at the moment. A EU version could appear, though. Aksys games does not share any information about it.

Looks like the asian version of Ys Origin comes with the EFIGS languages even though it isn't mentioned anywhere: https://planetevita.fr/ys-origin-version-asia-francais-integral/

DJTqzpnVoAA3iVm.jpg

This is almost always the case. I have so many english Asia release only mentioning english on the back and they did include EFIGS after all. Most of the time it's the EU-build, if that version was available (FF X/X-2, Deception IV, Soul Sacrifice Delta, Oreshika etc. pp)

oldmario

Bad Apple Wars is the only exclusive at the moment. A EU version could appear, though. Aksys games does not share any information about it.

This is almost always the case. I have so many english Asia release only mentioning english on the back and they did include EFIGS after all. Most of the time it's the EU-build, if that version was available at the time (FF X/X-2, Deception IV, Soul Sacrifice Delta, Oreshika etc. pp)

isn't Deception a US copy? i remember hearing about americans being able to use the dlc on the game

BHK3

Banned
Is the LCD screen on the 2000 blurry compared to the OLED 1000? I feel like there's either incredibly subtle ghosting but I'm having trouble reading the text because it has a very soft look to it. Maybe I'm just spoiled by my smart phone but it's actually only half a year younger than the vita...

maouvin

My Vita's screen ended up broken. I can still turn on the console but I basically can't play it. So I bought another one from one of my nephews, but it has his PSN account linked. Is it possible to log off, link my PSN account, insert my previous Vita's memory card and recover all my previous games?

Yes.

Thanks for the recommendations. Since I'll be getting Summon Night 6 from Amazon US I was wondering what other physical releases exclusive to the US are worth picking up. Bundle them in just one order and save on shipping.

Yes, I did exactly the same thing when mine broke.

Thanks for the recommendations. Since I'll be getting Summon Night 6 from Amazon US I was wondering what other physical releases exclusive to the US are worth picking up. Bundle them in just one order and save on shipping.

I did exactly that with Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception months ago. Luckily Amazon shipped the former apart from SN6. With no additional costs ofc.

Checking in after a long time away from my Vita and this thread.

Turned it on for the first time in months and found my 64gb card and full ten screens of bubbles were pretty much wiped out. Corrupted. Formatted the card and so far it seems OK. I have PS+ so I think many of my saves are OK for now. I'll know soon, after I have more time to explore this.

Before I load a ton of stuff on this card ... should I get a 32 or 16 instead? Do they seem to have fewer corruption issues? How do I know for sure if my 64 is ok? Can I just expect this again if its happened to this card once already?

oldmario

if you're in europe, probably best to use VG+ (but only pay with paypal) otherwise you'll probably get screwed with customs using amazon

if you're in europe, probably best to use VG+ (but only pay with paypal) otherwise you'll probably get screwed with customs using amazon
Actually if I buy directly from Amazon they use Amazon Global Shipping, which means you pay estimated customs fees in advance with you order and not a cent more. They may even refund the difference if actual fees are lower than what was estimated.
The few times I used VG+ packages took an eternity to arrive and I was hit with high customs fees.

If you are in Europe, you can use Shop4DE (for Germany) or 365games aswell, they usually have all US-imports a few days after release in stock for reasonable prices. A friend of mine bought the recent Utawarerumono from Shop4DE for 42€ shipping included.

The dollar exchange is great, though

Chaos;Child went up to $59.99 on Amazon, matching Best Buy's price. Guess they feel they can gouge Vita owners starving for whatever physical releases they throw at us?

Jimrpg

Any recommendations for recent or upcoming exclusive US physical releases besides Summon Night 6?

I know it's already been said but Utawarerumono Mask of Deception and Mask of Truth if you like VNs. MoD so far is exceptional.

They're long games though.

Odin Sphere if you can find a copy. Shiren The Wanderer is way cheaper on amazon than everywhere else I've looked.

AniHawk

Chaos;Child went up to $59.99 on Amazon, matching Best Buy's price. Guess they feel they can gouge Vita owners starving for whatever physical releases they throw at us?

that or they feel they have to make back on the insane localization cost somehow if you only have the ps4 and ps vita audience to work with in the west.

Olengie

If you have Prime and put it in cart, it comes up 31.99 with Prime Savings.

Anyway, I just placed a preorder just in case.

Saphirax

Actually if I buy directly from Amazon they use Amazon Global Shipping, which means you pay estimated customs fees in advance with you order and not a cent more. They may even refund the difference if actual fees are lower than what was estimated.
The few times I used VG+ packages took an eternity to arrive and I was hit with high customs fees.

That's odd. I never get charged with customs when I order from VGP.

Checking in after a long time away from my Vita and this thread.

Turned it on for the first time in months and found my 64gb card and full ten screens of bubbles were pretty much wiped out. Corrupted. Formatted the card and so far it seems OK. I have PS+ so I think many of my saves are OK for now. I'll know soon, after I have more time to explore this.

Before I load a ton of stuff on this card ... should I get a 32 or 16 instead? Do they seem to have fewer corruption issues? How do I know for sure if my 64 is ok? Can I just expect this again if its happened to this card once already?

A little follow up. Downloaded a game (Velocity 2X) and first attempt to boot it said it failed to load. Second attempt I was able to boot the game and play. Another game I downloaded (Ys Origin) fully downloaded but will not install. Is this likely all still related to the memory card?

I'm extremely bummed about this. I loved the Vita for a time, but it's feeling like fragile, poorly-built garbage right about now.

Saphirax

A little follow up. Downloaded a game (Velocity 2X) and first attempt to boot it said it failed to load. Second attempt I was able to boot the game and play. Another game I downloaded (Ys Origin) fully downloaded but will not install. Is this likely all still related to the memory card?

I'm extremely bummed about this. I loved the Vita for a time, but it's feeling like fragile, poorly-built garbage right about now.

It's your memory card. 64GB ones can be iffy. 32 is your best bet if you want to be on the safe side.

It's your memory card. 64GB ones can be iffy. 32 is your best bet if you want to be on the safe side.

Thanks. Has there been any indication that 16 is even more reliable than 32? Or are they about the same?

Also, I would like to sell this 64 card. Should I try reformatting it again a few times, maybe in safe mode, too, before I sell it?

Saphirax

Thanks. Has there been any indication that 16 is even more reliable than 32? Or are they about the same?

Also, I would like to sell this 64 card. Should I try reformatting it again a few times, maybe in safe mode, too, before I sell it?

It's just the 64 cards that tend to have issues, so you should be fine with 32.

You should definitely reformat it, but I'm not sure it'll help that much. Could end up selling a faulty card to someone.

autoduelist

My review for Drive Girls is up - http://www.cubed3.com/review/4179/1/drive-girls-ps-vita.html

Anyone have questions about Mary Skelter: Nightmares? I'm working through it right now, the embargo ended a few days ago, but I won't have the review up before Irma hits (Central Floridian here).

I like my drpgs hard and complex. Will I be happy?

Vitas are actually made well. That said, all electronic equipment has a fail rate... someone is always going to get a broken one.

Man, that is fucked. I paid over 100 bucks for that damn thing. I think I'll just sell the Vita to recoup some of the money. What a fucked up situation. I'm at least glad I never bought any real games for it. Mainly just PS1 classics and some smaller games on sales, mostly of which were cross-buy. The only "big" games I had were PS+ titles.

Saphirax

Vitas are actually made well. That said, all electronic equipment has a fail rate... someone is always going to get a broken one.

Mary Skelter is neither hard nor complex from what I know. Although there are difficulty options.

Difficulty isn't high, at least on normal mode.

Game mechanics/strategy spoilers
-The first character you recruit can generate a save/escape point at almost any time. Shortcuts are also pretty frequent. No worries about getting lost/trapped in dungeons.
-Random encounters go by very quickly.
-Healing opportunities are plentiful. Healing spells and items are very cheap. No need to worry about permadeath.
-The first few bosses can be pretty rough, but your offensive options will open up before long.
-Debuffs are super powerful. First thing I do at a boss is slap them with an ATK and/or TEC debuff. Their damage output goes from ginormous to pitiful in an instant.
-The Marshal class gets a skill called "Rage Rush". It costs a lot of MP, but it hits enemies up to four times for high damage. After unlocking that skill, class-change to a Destroyer. Destroyers have low defense and high attack. Bosses are easily crushed by this class/skill combination.

Still very enjoyable.

It's probably about as complex as the average Exp drpg, maybe a little more so. As for difficulty, the only way you're getting any form of challenge is by playing it on the hardest difficulty.

If you're looking for something like DT or SoSC.....it's best to look elsewhere and start wishing we see DT2-2. I'd still say it's really enjoyable, just don't expect the world from it.

Top Bottom