• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (OVER ~350 games with screens inside!) || 2015 Edition ||

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
So what are the chances that someone will pick up Shiren the Wanderer 5 Plus? It's the game I want most on this very long list.

Also, hoping that Koei Tecmo will release Ciel no Surge Offline, if not, I'm fine with Escha&Logy Plus and Ar nosurge Plus.

From someone I know that has the game, its apparently super buggy. Ciel no Surge Offline that is.

Wow that list just kept going, haha. Out of all the 'Japan only' games, God Eater 2 and EDF V2 hurt the most. :/

I forgot Grim Fandango was out this month. Looking forward to playing it on Vita.

Thanks a lot!

I own a Vita for almost two years now and I didn't touch it for almost 1 1/2 years. A couple of days ago I bought Danganronpa and a couple of other discounted games. And I eventually found some time to install EA`s PSX Most wanted freebie. Since then my oldest daughter and I quarrel about who can use the Vita to play Danganronpa...

Seeing that really long list of quite cool and awesome games makes me think that there could be some kind of Vita-renaissance upcoming.

Danganronpa 2 Goodbye Despair, Shovel Knight, Banner Saga and some others will be perfect for me to kill some time (I spend approx.15 hours a week in trains on my daily way to work in Munich).

tolkir

Bokosuka Girls: Tatsunoko Gakuen Climax
o17mxH7.jpg

What is this? Why?

Tatsunoko, you used to be cool.

cheesekao

It's conceptually impossible for those games to work on the Vita TV: GR uses touch for menus and evasive moves, while Tearaway uses both the touchscreen and the rear pad for a lot of things.
With a little patching they could work. Gravity Rush has two touch mechanics, dodging and sliding. Dodging could be mapped to R2+left analog and sliding could be mapped to L2. Tearaway is getting a PS4 release so they must have somehow translated the PSVITA controls to the DS4. Why Sony hasn't done that yet is beyond me.

Nope, not even a newly released title like Duke Nukem works in the UK :(

That's pretty shit...The PSTV should be able to play every single Vita game and warn users about games that aren't possible to complete with the dualshock.

Puru

You forgot Dungeon Travelers 2-2 OP.

Decent amount of stuff i want or want to give a try, what is really gonna sting is when i finally start my japanese account.

Takao

Banned
With a little patching they could work. Gravity Rush has two touch mechanics, dodging and sliding. Dodging could be mapped to R2+left analog and sliding could be mapped to L2. Tearaway is getting a PS4 release so they must have somehow translated the PSVITA controls to the DS4. Why Sony hasn't done that yet is beyond me.

Tearaway and Tearaway Unfolded (PS4) aren't the exact same game. Chunks of Tearaway have been either removed or redesigned to make up for the PS4's inability to emulate Vita functionality. That's more than what can be achieved in a patch.

Maedhros

I'm here hoping that lots of these japanese games get annouced.

Some of the best indie games are here on the Vita.

Lots of genres represented on a little platform. Vita can be a commercial failure, but it'll remains as a fucking excelent platform for me. SPECIALLY if they hack it for legacy after it's run on the market (for emulation and such).

cheesekao

Tearaway and Tearaway Unfolded (PS4) aren't the exact same game. Big chunks of Tearaway have been either removed or redesigned to make up for the PS4's inability to emulate Vita functionality. That's more than what can be achieved in a patch.
I was not aware of this. I did kind of thought to myself how on earth they were going to mimic the 'finger popping from the ground' backtouch mechanic and now it seems like it's not gonna exist at all.

ironmang

I was not aware of this. I did kind of thought to myself how on earth they were going to mimic the 'finger popping from the ground' backtouch mechanic and now it seems like it's not gonna exist at all.

As much as I like supporting games like Tearaway, not sure I can justify paying 40+ for it unless they got creative with the changes.

Takao

Banned
Wow.. OVER 9000!.The op must be working for Sony because this looks like alot of work put together .

Nah, if this was from Sony the thread would only contain 35 games - 30 of which would actually be PS4 games someone mistakenly thought were Vita bound. Oh, and there'd be like 5000 mentions of Remote Play.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Honestly, what did I just read on that Steins;Gate description or tag line or whatever... ???

jkh33

Thank you for this incredible list OP. The Vita may have too much games now.

Which is definitely not a bad thing.

Well then!

Things I'm definitely getting:

- Atelier Ayesha Plus
- Joe Danger
- Neptunia U
- Operation Abyss
- Steins;Gate
- Geometry Wars 3
- Octodad
- Neptunia Noire
- Neptunia Rebirth 2
- Cosmic Star Heroine
- Helldivers
- Firefly Diary
- Oreshika
- Broforce
- Not a Hero
- Hotline Miami 2
- Drifter
- TiTS SC
- Y2K

Things I'll probably get:

- Super Time Force Ultra
- Severed
- Bastion
- Hatoful Boyfriend
- Spectra
- Zodiac (if it's not F2P)
- Attractio
- Energy Hook
- Upside down dimensions

And any new localizations which catch my eye.

Looks like I'm giving my wallet up to Vita for another year!

One thing I have liked about the Vita's rather odd library is that it's got me to play a bunch of games that I have learnt to love that i would otherwise have never even bothered with.

Looking forward to a bunch of these. Hope some of the Japan-only titles get localised.

Maid

Banned
Vita made me love DRPG with Demon Gaze, which admittedly I avoided it all the time because I thought they are boring. Now I love Etrian Odyssey.

Honestly, what did I just read on that Steins;Gate description or tag line or whatever... ???

Engrish.

rFhy3VC.png

Gambit

As a new Vita owner, I can only say: Thanks, Fady. Great work!

Maybe this is the right place to ask: Since I didn't own a PSP, I am catching up on A LOT of games.

How often do games like Tactics Ogre (or most JRPGs) go on sale? Has it ever been? Are sales recurring?

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Vita made me love DRPG with Demon Gaze, which admittedly I avoided it all the time because I thought they are boring. Now I love Etrian Odyssey.

Engrish.

rFhy3VC.png

Oh. :(

Is it good? Atelier, Broken Sword, Project Light and a couple others look interesting. It's just a shame chances are the translation is borked.

Lately I haven't minded the lack of dubbing for Freedom Wars. Speaking of which, Sony should back those guys up, that series could become Vita's Monster Hunter answer.

By the way:

- Do you have any links that say Attractio is coming to Vita? Can't find it anywhere.
- Are you sure Orc Attack is still coming? It's been 2 years. I think it's cancelled.
- Are you sure Road not Taken is still coming? I seemed to remember hearing that the devs were having trouble with the port and either cancelled it or put it on indefinite hold.

Also, here's some other stuff:

- Starlight Tactics coming pending Unity 4.6 support.
- Lego Ninjago: Shadow of Ronin is a sequel to last year's game and coming to Vita.
- Color Guardians is coming to Vita this year.

Maid

Banned
How often do games like Tactics Ogre (or most JRPGs) go on sale? Has it ever been? Are sales recurring?

The last time I remember seeing it on sale was last year's May. JRPG was on sale quite often last year, average once a month, but recently they dropped the ball with Vita's sale so I can't say for sure.

Yasumi

Banned

Is it good? Atelier, Broken Sword, Project Light and a couple others look interesting. It's just a shame chances are the translation is borked.
Nah, the translation's perfectly fine. The engrish is just part of the Japanese logo. The game itself is wonderful.

Gambit

The last time I remember seeing it on sale was last year's May. JRPG was on sale quite often last year, average once a month, but recently they dropped the ball with Vita's sale so I can't say for sure.

Thanks. I will keep an eye on other JRPGs then, but will probably bite on Tactics Ogre right away. That's the game I've always wanted for the PSP and one of the main reasons I bought a Vita. So if sales are infrequent, I will just go for it.

But my Mega Adventure Pack with Uncharted, Tearaway amd Gravity Rush have me covered for another week.

Maid

Banned

Lately I haven't minded the lack of dubbing for Freedom Wars. Speaking of which, Sony should back those guys up, that series could become Vita's Monster Hunter answer.

It's fine. That Engrish is writtern by Japanese, and it's part of the original version, not from the translation.

The only games with weird (and hilarious) translation are Sword Art Online and Tales of Heart R, as far as I know.

Muzicfreq

Banned
xMMDK7V.gif

All those games
How can anyone say Vita is dead?!

Shantae I have set for my vita
Might do the same for Mighty No. 9
Skullgirls... I want to see if it will run at 60fps solid since I love the vita d-pad with SFXTekken
Ugh I rather not fill this page of what I want, so many are already on OP

Yasumi

Banned
Definitely getting:
Atelier Ayesha+
Neptunia U
Operation Abyss
Steins;Gate
Night Cry
Shovel Knight
Hatoful Boyfriend
Hyperdevotion Noire
VA-11 Hall-A
Neptunia Re;Birth 2
Firefly Diary
Oreshika
La Mulana
Axiom Verge
P4 Dancing
Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters
Corpse Party

Think I can hold off on getting a PS4 for another year.
It's fine. That Engrish is writtern by Japanese, and it's part of the original version, not from the translation.

The only games with weird (and hilarious) translation are Sword Art Online and Tales of Heart R, as far as I know.
Hearts R's localization was very solid, done by the same team that localizes every Tales game. The presence of Japanese audio just made the liberties that 8-4 takes much more noticeable.

Does anyone have any info on The Chaos Engine?
All I can seem to find about it is that "it's in the plans for Vita", but nothing else. Is it actually coming out, or is it just a maybe up to now?

xMMDK7V.gif

All those games
How can anyone say Vita is dead?!

There is zero reason to be willfully ignorant of their hyperbole or what they mean by "No games".

Imagine if Nintendo released Super Mario 3D Land and Luigi's Mansion on 3DS as their big titles, then did nothing and just left the system to indies and smaller devs afterwards. This is what people mean by 'no games'... They mean no big publisher or higher budget first and second party titles. This list is great, and there are a lot of great games there, and even plenty of just good games to fill out a library and a ton that are worth checking out... But most aren't exclusive to Vita (being easily available for most consoles, PC, or tablets/phones) and even those that are don't push the benefits of the Vita.

I'm not trying to be a downer. I own a vita (twice over), but you don't benefit the community by being willfully ignorant.

This thread is making me want to go back to playing Meruru in preparation for Ayesha+... I do need to finish it some time. So easy to get burnt out playing Atelier games in succession though.

Fady K

You guys are AWESOME. Love reading your posts <3 When I'm free tonight I'll be providing some cool updates regarding new Vita games and recently announced release dates. And, as always, I'll respond to EACH and EVERY one of you :)

VLiberty

RalchAC

Think I can hold off on getting a PS4 for another year.

Same here. Most games I want (Japanese, mainly) are on PS3 or Vita, not just on PS4. I'll get Persona 5 and Tales of Zestiria on PS3, and everything else is probably going to Vita. And I'm going to drop some extra bucks so the PC I'm buying later this year is capable of running games decently. Outside a couple of day-one purchases my last gen backlog (purchased or with plans to) is going to keep me busy for a long time.

Hearts R's localization was very solid, done by the same team that localizes every Tales game. The presence of Japanese audio just made the liberties that 8-4 takes much more noticeable.

I think some people fluent in Japanese explained that they changed Hisui personality a bit, making him much more of an asshole that he is in the original release.

The game is really good and I don't understand Japanese, so I don't notice if it's good or not. It's biggest downside is that playing it extensively has made me suck at Xillia 2, due to the different feeling and control schemes xD

Pics_nao

How are the Neptunia games gameplay wise? The premise sounds funny enough that I'll enjoy it but if the game plays like ass then I doubt I'll play much of it

Top Bottom