• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (OVER ~350 games with screens inside!) || 2015 Edition ||

Shizuka

IFI has just announced Neptunia V-2 localization, a game yet to be released in Japan. But still no news on Shin Makai Trillion, Death Under the Labyrinth or Tag Team Blanc + Nepnep. Do you think that IFI is ending their Vita support? I'm surprised that they still haven't announced Trillion localization. I mean, it's their one of the best games they've ever made.

That was released months ago.

18-Volt

That was released months ago.

Yeah it seems it was. I thought that it was slated for fall release when I saw all the collab announcements.

Still, Trillion was also released more than a month ago. IFI needs to fill up their empty release schedule.

Shizuka

Yeah it seems it was. I thought that it was slated for fall release when I saw all the collab announcements.

Still, Trillion was also released more than a month ago. IFI needs to fill up their empty release schedule.

Neptunia VII release window shows that they won't bring any other title in 2015 after Amnesia and NepReb3 on Steam.

Me waiting for Necrodancer, Axiom Verge and Darkest Dungeon:
giphy.gif

IFI has just announced Neptunia V-2 localization, a game yet to be released in Japan. But still no news on Shin Makai Trillion, Death Under the Labyrinth or Tag Team Blanc + Nepnep. Do you think that IFI is ending their Vita support? I'm surprised that they still haven't announced Trillion localization. I mean, it's their one of the best games they've ever made.

Neptunia V-2 was released in aPRIL. They've sat on that one for 6 months and you're fussy about one month for Trillion?

Besides, they haven't announced Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force's localization yet. That doesn't mean they're ending PS4 support.

Trillion will happen only if they think the game is viable yet - and given that it's a waifu-raising-roguelike it's kind of a difficult sell. Same with Death Under the Labyrinth - first-person dungeon crawlers do sell in the west, but in relatively small numbers, so may or may not be picked up.

Tag Team Blanc & Neptune vs. SEGA Hard Girls should come. Just give it time. There was a time when it seemed like IFI would never catch up with Neptunia games in the west, yet here we are with everything up to date.

Fady K

Don't remember seeing this posted in here, but just learned that Volgarr the Viking is coming to Vita! Awesome news, love the game on PC, portable is even better for me.

Hi Dangerblade, Volgarr is going to be in one of my upcoming updates. Thanks for the reminder! The game looks great :D

Thanks, as always, for the updates, Fady! Great to hear Drifter is still on the radar.

You are most welcome mate! Yes, Drifter is coming along fine thankfully! I'll try to have another update for today as well. Enjoy!

I might be wrong, but I understood that Gal Gunvolt is just a port of Mighty Gunvolt, which is an "extra" sidegame to the big game - Azure Striker Gunvolt.

You are right indeed VLiberty! It is a port of Mighty Gunvolt. That's crazy though, releasing a small part rather than the big game.

No news regarding Papers, please? :( I am really looking forward to it, that one and also salt and sanctuary. It seems that both are going to take long.

Papers, Please is thankfully still in development and coming along fine :)

xGPFqjt.jpg

V72zV6E.jpg

Salt & Sanctuary should be coming along fine as well, I believe they had a playable version at an event in the past couple of months.

@Fady Thanks as always, grand work.

You're most welcome buddy :) Another one incoming later on!

i want to see some gameplay for this game
all i can see is this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19UEHG7jUNU

what is this game ? action ? VN ?

I believe it's mostly a visual novel! I'll be sure to post any gameplay videos if more come.

this thread always makes me love my vita more....and makes me wish I knew japanese

is NA getting any of the Senran Kagura editions?

Glad to hear that :D Much more to come I promise. Another update hitting today so I hope you have more to add to your list!

Yes, Senran Kagura Estival Versus will be getting some extras I believe!

I recently just bought one and am shocked at how many games there are available and how many are still planned. I thought the Vita was a thing of the past, but it seems alive and well from what I see.

That very feeling is what led me to creating these threads. Such a beautiful system and there is so much ignorance surrounding its status unfortunately. The marketing isn't there and it really should be. The system doesn't need AAA games for it to be marketed. I think Sony should really REALLY do a nice montage of 30-50 games across a minute and a half trailer that is also promoting the upcoming aqua-colored Vita.

It's such a shame that the "Vita is dead," narrative was allowed to propagate, leading to many people not even investigating the console or its library. It is hands down the best handheld I've ever owned. My Vita library is about 200 games strong now. A great mix of PS1, PSP, and Vita specific titles. I wish I had more time to get through my library, but I just don't!

I've shared this thread, and previous ones with friends of mine, and they were always blown away by how many games are coming, and already released, on the system. They also thought it was a "dead" platform.

I can relate to this post in many ways. I too am having a hard time finding the time to play all the fantastic games on offer :[ But like u it's my favorite handheld ever and i find it unfortunate that the "Vita is dead" narrative still rolls on.

Thanks for spreading the word on the thread!

I guess this is the best place to ask...

I'm very close to purchasing a used, slim white/lime green vita for $150. All these rhythm games are pushing me over the edge.

I enjoy streaming games and would love to stream all the rhythm games on the Vita. I know that I can send the Vita to a store in Japan to get it installed with a capture card but I was wondering if purchasing a webcam and streaming with that would be sufficient. Have it set up with a tripod so it's stable. Any ideas or suggestions?

Shizuka

I guess this is the best place to ask...

I'm very close to purchasing a used, slim white/lime green vita for $150. All these rhythm games are pushing me over the edge.

I enjoy streaming games and would love to stream all the rhythm games on the Vita. I know that I can send the Vita to a store in Japan to get it installed with a capture card but I was wondering if purchasing a webcam and streaming with that would be sufficient. Have it set up with a tripod so it's stable. Any ideas or suggestions?

A PSTV with an HDMI splitter, although not all games are compatible.

shanafan

General Vita question here..

How can I know which Vita games are 100% compatible with Playstation TV? For example, Dragon's Crown looks gorgeous with the PS TV. But, MLB the Show 15 looks terrible blown up.

I haven't tried Borderlands 2 or Resident Evil Revelations 2, do they look as good as Dragon's Crown?

A PSTV with an HDMI splitter, although not all games are compatible.

Yea, the whole "not every game is compatible" leaves a bad taste, even though I believe all the games I do want to play work...but I prefer the portability. Plus, after actually getting a hands on feel of the slim, I really like it.

eastx

General Vita question here..

How can I know which Vita games are 100% compatible with Playstation TV? For example, Dragon's Crown looks gorgeous with the PS TV. But, MLB the Show 15 looks terrible blown up.

I haven't tried Borderlands 2 or Resident Evil Revelations 2, do they look as good as Dragon's Crown?

Games look like what they look like - it's all subjective. Compatibility lists are all you're going to get, and that doesn't include whether a game is pretty or not.

We have a PS TV thread for specific compatibility questions.

Fady K

Happy Friday everyone! Here's another udpate. Enjoy :D!

NEW GAME ANNOUNCEMENTS

* Never Alone - a beautiful 2D platformer inspired by Alaska's native culture that was VERY well received is hitting the Vita.
g3Lt04B.jpg

19718057232_3fa5b8a050_z_thumb.jpg

* Hue (thanks infernal monkey!) - A new "color shifting" puzzler heading to the Vita in early 2016 from developer Fiddlesticks. Looks really unique. Trailer here.
VBNYa9I.png

hue-vita-hue3.jpg

hue-vita-hue1.jpg

* Odin Sphere: Leifdrasir (thanks red crayon!) from Atlus and developer Vanillaware (Dragon's Crown). Hitting Japan January 14 2016 (coming out to the west as well!!) First trailer here. Not only will this be a full remake, it will also feature the original PS2 game in HD! Check out the localization trailer!
20150720_051036_thumb.png

20150720_060310_thumb.png

UuBSJRt.jpg

017_.png

027.png

Odin-Sphere_08-20-15_001.jpg

* The Idolmaster: Must Songs Red Board and Blue Board - a new rhythm game from Bandai Namco which has you play Idolmaster songs in the style of Taiko Drum Master. Annoucement trailer here. The game is due out in Japan this winter.
hNunvN6.jpg

Idolmaster-Taiko_07-18-15.jpg

* BitUp - A new sidescrolling hack n slasher heading to the Vita in 2016. Trailer here.
7IdUO9Z.jpg

* Gundam Conquest V - in addition to Gundam Battle Fortress, the Vita is getting another F2P Gundam game. This real time strategy game is based on a very popular mobile title of the same name in Japan.
bk1DZMM.jpg

NEW MEDIA

* Super Beat Xonic - upcoming rhythm game from the creators of DJMAX. We now have confirmation for a release in Europe thanks to Rising Star Games - who will release the game physically and digitally. (In NA it will be released both ways from Acttil and PM Studios. Check out the box art below for that version. Trailer here.
9DUYEJ1.jpg

main_game_1.jpg

XONiC_Coversheet_US.jpg

* To Love-Ru: Trouble Darkness - True Princess - New teaser trailer for the upcoming love adventure game from FuRyu (November 5 in Japan).
To-Love-Ru-PV_07-21-15.jpg

RELEASE DATE UPDATE

* Miracle Girls Festival - an upcoming project diva-like rhythm game from SEGA on the Vita. The game is due in Japan on December 17th. First trailer here.
wpidl_5506d720dbf70_thumb.jpg

Miracle-Girls-Fest_07-21-15.jpg

025_thumb4.jpg

Great update as always Fady! :D

I think I might finally get my hands on Danganronpa 2 as well as a few DS titles soon. HYPE (though I watched an LP already)

Another awesome update. Nice to see a few more rythmn action game coming out for the Vita. I'm playing through IA/VT at the moment and the platform really has transformed into a nice little machine for music games. Pity Rockband Unplugged isn't backwards compatible on it, as I love that game on the PSP.
I also can't wait to get Super Beat Xonic, I loved DJ Max Technika Tune (probably my most played Vita game) so this is a day one purchase.

Can't wait for Odin Sphere either, I never played the original game so this is another game that I'll grab immediately on release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONEcKiMSKww

This looks... confusing? but I'm looking forawrd to it.

The concept vaguely reminds me of the 8 player party share on Micro Machines 2 for the Megadrive. I used to play that mode with my brother all the time, trying to control two cars (both of which were mapped to different buttons on the controller) and have them both finish the race. Only managed to pull it off once... Its an interesting concept, I'll be sure to give the game a try on the Vita when its released.

I put Bitup on my list when it was first announced and then sort of forgot what it was. Seeing it again now has rekindled my excitement.

Also very excited for Never Alone. What an awesome surprise.

Would still like to see Valiant Hearts.

Jacqli

Thank you for all your hard work, Fady K! I will just wait patiently until we hear some (new) news, but it is comforting to know that both are still in the works. :)

Anyway, still disappointed to see those (IMO boring) background videos in Supearbeat Xonic. Part of the charm of DJ Max was, undoubtedly, related to those great videoclips that accompanied the songs. These scream Windows Media Player all over…

redcrayon

Space Hulk retail release has been pushed back to mid-October in Europe. That's the third delay, I wonder what's going on? It's releasing on other platforms too, maybe one of the versions isn't doing well.

Odin Sphere looks awesome, I've never played the original.

redcrayon

I'm" really looking forward to Hyper Light Drifter myself, serious potential to be a GOTY contender.

EDIT: also you never played Odin Sphere? You're in for a treat.
Yeah, I missed out on a lot of scrolling brawlers (amid other genres!) from that generation, I dropped out of gaming for a bit. I did enjoy Dragon's Crown and Muramasa though, so it seems like it's worth me checking out Vanillaware's earlier stuff.

Fady K

Hi guys, wishing you all a great Sunday. Here's an update for you to enjoy:

NEW MEDIA
* Spider: Rite of the Shrouded Moon - 2D mystery platformer where you play as a spider in a manor where conspiracies are happening behind the scenes, intriguing concept (game is a big hit on iOS devices). Trailer here.
BarnInsideClearNight_thumb.jpg

RELEASE DATE UPDATES

* Assault Android Cactus - the co-op dual stick shooter will be arriving on the Vita in the first quarter of 2016. New trailer here.
aac1(1).png

aac2(1).png

* Dragon Quest Heroes II - the musou game set in the DQ universe is set to hit Japanese vitas in Spring 2016.
20150728_042245_thumb.png

NEW GAME ANNOUNCEMENTS

* Exist Archive: The Other Side of the Sky (thanks redcrayon!) - one of the bigger Vita announcements in recent memory. Exist Archive is a new "side-view" RPG from developer tri-Ace (think Valkyrie Profile 1 + 2 - incredible games) and publisher Spike Chunsoft. The game has similar elements to Valkyrie Profile as well. For those who have not played the series, know that this is a very good thing :) The game will take place in present day Tokyo. Here's a teaser trailer. Those who preorder the Japanese version get the soundtrack (Motoi Sakuraba is the composer, from the Tales series) and an artbook (sample of the limited edition shown below). The game is due in Japan on December 17 and I would be SHOCKED if this beauty of a game does not get localized.
l_55b8d858a606c_thumb.jpg

Exist-Archive-JP-Pre-Order-Bonus-Ann-600x389.jpg

BlvcOiU.jpg

0042.jpg

009.jpg

0011.jpg

Exist-Archive-Teaser-PV.jpg

0031.jpg

* Cross Reverie - A Japanese style RPG from Sinxsoft. Here's a kickstarter trailer. Note that the game has been pulled off kickstarter as it secured a private investor.
kcEnw25.png

Untitled1_thumb.png

AzarReveal_thumb.png

* Elliot Quest (thanks Infernal Monkey!) - Ansimuz Games describes their game as the spiritual successor to the Legend of Zelda II. The game is due on the Vita in 2016. Here's a trailer (of the WiiU version).
IbPpoFd.png

2.png

* Double Focus - from developer Aqua Style comes a new exploration action game. The game is due out sometime this year in Japan.
IJWKZvp.jpg

Play-Doujin_07-24-15_008.jpg

Play-Doujin_07-24-15_007-600x340.jpg

* Toho Sky Arena: Matsuri Climax - a new "spell battle" action game from developer Area Zero.
NAiTMH6.jpg

Play-Doujin_07-24-15_017.jpg

Play-Doujin_07-24-15_015.jpg

* Drei - an upcoming multiplayer puzzler from Etter.
dreii_screen_04.png

Great update as always Fady! :D

I think I might finally get my hands on Danganronpa 2 as well as a few DS titles soon. HYPE (though I watched an LP already)

Thanks a lot Funyarinpa ;D I plan to play the Dangranronpa series soon! Enjoy :)

Another awesome update. Nice to see a few more rythmn action game coming out for the Vita. I'm playing through IA/VT at the moment and the platform really has transformed into a nice little machine for music games. Pity Rockband Unplugged isn't backwards compatible on it, as I love that game on the PSP.
I also can't wait to get Super Beat Xonic, I loved DJ Max Technika Tune (probably my most played Vita game) so this is a day one purchase.

Can't wait for Odin Sphere either, I never played the original game so this is another game that I'll grab immediately on release.

Thank you kindly as always Shadowman :) The Vita is becoming a surprise hit machine for rhythm games! Crazy how Super Beat Xonic is getting a retail release!

Like you I haven't played Odin Sphere yet either, so the fact that we'll get to play it for the first time in a "remade" game will be awesome :D

Thank you for all your hard work, Fady K! I will just wait patiently until we hear some (new) news, but it is comforting to know that both are still in the works. :)

Anyway, still disappointed to see those (IMO boring) background videos in Supearbeat Xonic. Part of the charm of DJ Max was, undoubtedly, related to those great videoclips that accompanied the songs. These scream Windows Media Player all over…

You are always most welcome Jacqli, happy to be of service! Strange how the backgrounds seem to be downgraded in Xonic, hopefully the gameplay will be up to par at least ;D

Tizoc

What's the release date on Elliot Quest? NintyGAF like that game and I'm planning on getting it on PC and Vita.

Also Never Alone isn't all THAT good. It's a very linear straight forward game ala Brothers, it has its own charm but IMO Brothers is much better.

Furthermore I really hope this game will run good on the Vita :x

Fady K, thanks for all the updates!

I am now a proud owner of a slim, white/lime green vita! Purchased it through Craigslist. Came with the original packaging and looks brand new.

Picked up an 8 gig memory card, Dungeon Travelers 2 and Project Diva F 2nd.

Ordered IA/VT Colorful from Play Asia. Excited for this.

All these rhythm games are what pushed me to get one. Persona 4 DAN is a day 1 purchase now !

Not to mention EDF will be coming shortly!

My train rides to work won't be that boring now, lol.

Edit: I don't get the complaints of the screen on the slim. I think it's great and yes, I've had the 1000 before.

Very happy with my purchase. Going to put some headphones on and dive into some project diva.

I dont see any reason to worry, IFI needs to leave games to localise for 2016 and 2015's release dates are all filled up to the brink.

If they bring over Trillion, Death under Labryinth and Tag team Blanc + Nep in 2015, they would essentially have no releases for 2016 as we'll have to wait for IFI to release and announce more games by the end of 2015 and early 2016. They need to pace themselves, which is what they're doing right now as I'm sure wallets and budgets have already been eaten up during this busy holiday 2015 schedule of games.

Fady K

Hi friends, yet another update incoming :D I hope this adds to your enjoyment for the day ^^

NEW GAME ANNOUNCEMENTS

* Iconoclasts (thanks pastrami) - a new 2D action platformer with a heavy emphasis on puzzle level design from sole developer Joakim Sandberg. Trailer here.
cKuh5GY.jpg

19909142310_e076ee48b1_b.jpg

19864973939_b6471891ea_z.jpg

* Handball 16 (thanks infernal monkey) - Big Ben interactive is making a handball game for the Vita. Teaser here.
N0nZCCv.jpg

NEW MEDIA

* Land of No Night - New trailer for Gust's upcoming Vita RPG. The game is due in Japan on October 1.
20150730_061409_thumb.png

YnK_07-30-15.jpg

Yoru-no-Nai-Kuni-JP-Box-Art-Reveal-280x351.jpg

030_thumb2.jpg

015_thumb7.jpg

* Night Watch - Here's a new trailer for NIS's upcoming Vita horror adventure game. Due in Japan on October 29 2015.
006_thumb23.jpg

007_thumb28.jpg

009_thumb22.jpg

012_thumb22.jpg

028_thumb8.jpg

20150804_004141_thumb.png

Yomawari-Debut-PV.jpg

RELEASE DATE UPDATES

* Mighty No. 9 - for those who missed out on this news, Mighty No. 9 has been delayed to Q1 2016 due to bugs and other issues.
1yS1lpCl.png

What's the release date on Elliot Quest? NintyGAF like that game and I'm planning on getting it on PC and Vita.

Also Never Alone isn't all THAT good. It's a very linear straight forward game ala Brothers, it has its own charm but IMO Brothers is much better.

Furthermore I really hope this game will run good on the Vita :x

Elliot Quest will arrive in 2016 from what I know. I look forward to playing Never Alone and *especially* Brothers <3

I finally get to play Odin Sphere?!? Thank the Timelords.

Not only will you be able to play the original version in HD, but you can play the remake as well :)

Fady K, thanks for all the updates!

I am now a proud owner of a slim, white/lime green vita! Purchased it through Craigslist. Came with the original packaging and looks brand new.

Picked up an 8 gig memory card, Dungeon Travelers 2 and Project Diva F 2nd.

Ordered IA/VT Colorful from Play Asia. Excited for this.

All these rhythm games are what pushed me to get one. Persona 4 DAN is a day 1 purchase now !

Not to mention EDF will be coming shortly!

My train rides to work won't be that boring now, lol.

Edit: I don't get the complaints of the screen on the slim. I think it's great and yes, I've had the 1000 before.

Very happy with my purchase. Going to put some headphones on and dive into some project diva.

You are most welcome friend and congrats on your new Vita :D

IA/VT is import friendly so you'll be fine :D Persona 4 DAN looks like a hit as well! Stay tuned for constant updates in this thread and check out the first post whenever you like for the latest releases and to see what's coming soon. I update those weekly ^^

Fady K

I needed Iconoclasts like yesterday. This wait has been excruciating.

It looks stunning indeed! Gives me a Mega Man vibe in a good way, and I like how colorful it is!

Back to community? Well, not a big problem i guess.
Keep your good work Fady K ;)

Thanks bud!! Be sure to check out the last couple of pages if you haven't, I went nuts with updates in the last few days :D

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
It looks stunning indeed! Gives me a Mega Man vibe in a good way, and I like how colorful it is!

Thanks bud!! Be sure to check out the last couple of pages if you haven't, I went nuts with updates in the last few days :D

Recently i'm not posting that much, but i keep reading all the threads that interest me, included this one, i didn't miss a post ;)

Fady K

Happy Tuesday fellas! Here's an update for you all, enjoy ^^

NEW GAME ANNOUNCEMENTS

* Darius Burst Chronicle Saviours - A new shmup (ala Soldner X, Gradius, Ikaruga, etc..) for the Vita from Taito. The game will be jointly developed by Pyramid (Patapon games) and Chara-Ani (the Legend of Heroes evolution games). Trailer here. Due this winter in Japan.
Darius-Burst-CS-Ann.jpg

BbIIqFH.jpg

Darius-Burst-Chronicle-Saviours_2015_08-02-15_009.jpg_600.jpg

* Omega Labyrinth - a new roguelike RPG from publisher D3, due in Japan on November 29. Development is handled by Matrix Software (Final Fantasy 4 DS). Debut trailer here - likely NSFW like much of this game it seems :/
Omega-Labyrinth_08-20-15_Top.jpg

Omega-Labyrinth_08-20-15_005.jpg

Omega-Labyrinth_08-20-15_006.jpg

Omega-Labyrinth-PV1_08-27-15.jpg

Omega-Labyrinth_09-03-15_Top.jpg

* Attack on Titan - the mega popular anime is getting a Vita game from Koei Tecmo and Omega Force (the dedicated folks behind the Dynasty Warriors series, Dragon Quest Heroes). Koei Tecmo already announced that they will release it in English as well in 2016 :) (Japanese version should release this winter.)
The game will cover the *entire* anime's story.Teaser trailer here.
20150805_012402_thumb.png

AoT-PS4-Ann-Init.jpg

esoYeGU_thumb.jpg

SShC4Bp_thumb.jpg

wVs57i7_thumb.jpg

RELEASE DATE UPDATES

* Kan Colle Kai was supposed to have been released a couple of weeks ago in Japan, but it has been delayed to November 26.
Kan-Colle-Kai-Delayed-Nov-Japan.jpg

* LEGO Avengers is now scheduled to arrive on January 29th, 2016.
jpg%20(1).jpg

jpg%20(2).jpg

jpg%20(3).jpg

jpg%20(4).jpg

jpg.jpg

Cheers Fady, I suppose TGS should give this thread plenty more fodder for your updates!

Anytime buddy :) Right you are - with a few Vita games being announced in Japan every week I expect plenty of updates! Till then I have a lot of stuff being prepared for this thread, daily updates and all that I hope to continue :D Stay tuned friend.

Honored? Wow i didn't know to be so important! XD
Jokes aside good work with the thread.

Haha thanks for the kind words. I have plenty of updates in the pipeline, enjoy :D

http://thevitalounge.net/2015/09/06/randall-coming-to-psvita/

Nice trailer for Randall, looks a bit like Guacamelee with extra psychic bodyswapping tomfoolery.

Wow, anything influenced by Guacamelee should be a great thing hopefully. Thanks bud, onto the list it shall go ;D

FDC1

Another stealth release from 8floor in Europe this week: Gem Legends, a match 3 game

hWPWaF8.jpg

Edit: after seeing a video on youtube, it's not really match 3, more "click on a group of gems of the same color to make it disappear"

FDC1

Ys: Memories of Celceta is likely your best option. If you never did, you can also play PS1 classic Alundra.

Top Bottom