• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Update: More PlayStation trophies to hit in June evidence

Teknoman

Wow it seems HD generation original "arcade" titles just keep making their characters smaller and smaller... maybe its just me, but thats my gripe with Assault Heroes 1 and 2 as well.

acm2000

but i thought PS3 owners hated the whole achievement thing? guess that changes now they get their own version :p

im firmly in the achievement supporters club, they really help get more out of your games (if the devs do them right)

acm2000

Bearillusion said:
I think you'll find the hate is directed at gamer score not acheivments.

trophys are any different? oh look at me, look how many trophys i have! etc etc, its the same, only a sprite/3d model, rather than points

i use achivements to get more out of my games, and i use the points to compete with my friends over games, like old skool high score comparisons

le.phat

acm2000 said:
but i thought PS3 owners hated the whole achievement thing? guess that changes now they get their own version :p

im firmly in the achievement supporters club, they really help get more out of your games (if the devs do them right)

ps3 entitlements actually reward you stuff to display in home. that's a MAYOR difference with a simple numerical score imo.

acm2000

le.phat said:
ps3 entitlements actually reward you stuff to display in home. that's a MAYOR difference with a simple numerical score imo.

it not exactly much of a reward, much like points arent, theyre both pointless if youre after something of actual value

they both simply act as a way of competing with other people

BeeDog

acm2000 said:
it not exactly much of a reward, much like points arent, theyre both pointless if youre after something of actual value

they both simply act as a way of competing with other people

From what I can gather, the Xbox Live score is more about farming points (from lousy rentals and so on), which can be a bit unfair when some cheap-ass games offer you a lot of easy-earnt points. Trophies (like achievements) on the other hand point out specific accomplishments, and thus it's better to compare them rather than a numerical score.

Kweh

If Trophies are so close, shouldn’t we have had a glimpse of what the implementation will be like by now?

acm2000

BeeDog said:
From what I can gather, the Xbox Live score is more about farming points (from lousy rentals and so on), which can be a bit unfair when some cheap-ass games offer you a lot of easy-earnt points. Trophies (like achievements) on the other hand point out specific accomplishments, and thus it's better to compare them rather than a numerical score.

you dont think people will farm them like they do points? oh they will, cant wait for the people with 1000s of trophies filling their HOME space :p all furniture built out of trophys etc

BeeDog

acm2000 said:
you dont think people will farm them like they do points? oh they will, cant wait for the people with 1000s of trophies filling their HOME space :p all furniture built out of trophys etc

If they actually have a counter for the trophies, then yes, most likely. Can't really be avoided if they implement something like that.

Top Bottom