• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

USA CHALLENGES JAPAN TO GIANT ROBOT DUEL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeemumu

Wasn't their robot Japanese though... or did they replace that one... I don't remember much of this movie lol.

Japan is going to win, America needs to get over their heavy metal post apocalyptic, everything is a wasteland robot designs.

They got a Japanese robot named Noisy Boy early on and he didn't know how to control it so they lost. The main robot's origins weren't specified because they found it in a dump. The champion robot was a mix of Russian and Japanese design, I think.

Ezalc

Picture of this intense rivalry many years from now in the future century.

191_GF13-006NA_Gundam_Maxter_%28from_Mobile_Fighter_G_Gundam%29

Skyzard

Banned
That's a wicked idea, I'd pay to see that.

Robot wars were so small. Let's get some titans.

Might be a bit dangerous with those machine guns though lol.

Lotto

paintballs will go right through those grates and hit the pilot, this fight is lost before it even started

Wait, people think that the American one stands a chance? It's a completely impractical design. Its too top heavy, looks like it has very little articulation of the appendages and has no armor for the pilot. The Japanese one has its top heavy design balanced by its spread tripod legs, the leg design allows for full omnidirectional movement whilst retaining a 360 degree line of fire and the weapons look a lot more effective.

Wait, people think that the American one stands a chance? It's a completely impractical design. Its too top heavy, looks like it has very little articulation of the appendages and has no armor for the pilot. The Japanese one has its top heavy design balanced by its spread tripod legs, the leg design allows for full omnidirectional movement whilst retaining a 360 degree line of fire and the weapons look a lot more effective.

"Look" being the key word.

Flo_Evans

Is there any video of the Japanese one actually moving? People seem to assume it has more mobility but it is always sitting there. The have some 3d animation of it going down city streets but no actual footage from what I can see.

PSqueak

Banned
Is there any video of the Japanese one actually moving? People seem to assume it has more mobility but it is always sitting there. The have some 3d animation of it going down city streets but no actual footage from what I can see.

Is there for the american one? So far i haven't seen either move.

KDR_11k

Besides, does it really count as "mecha" when the legs are just sticks on top of wheels?

I still consider the exposed pilot a sticking point, the crew of a combat vehicle belongs into the most heavily armored part because a crew kill is the worst way for a vehicle to be lost in combat. Stick some proper plates on there and use a viewing slit or a camera like a sane designer would FFS. I guess they know they don't have to worry about that in paintball (unless someone adds a "pilot hit = instakill" rule) and are thus cheating a bit with their design.

Also it seems to me that the US one was specifically built for paintball whereas the Japanese one is just something they built in general (if they haven't even accepted the challenge yet have they even built paintball guns for it?). That "LOHAS Launcher" thing doesn't look like it's meant for paintball, for example.

Hm, would it be a good idea to have some sort of televised tank competition where people have to build actual tanks and shoot each other with them (only remote controlled vehicles of course, maybe with a dummy crew)? If nothing else DARPA could make a competition like that.

I swear that thing is playable in Chou Soujuu Mecha MG.

PBalfredo

I like how the American mech looks like some underground resistance weaponized a heavy loader to fight the Japanese police mech that enforces for a totalitarian regime in our destopian cyberpunk future.

Bry0

228px-MechWarrior_Online_Awesome_Concept.jpg

Murican bot reminds me of an Awesome.

Looks sweet, was never a huge fan of the Japanese mecha designs, aside from Metal Gear Rex.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I'm piloting for Japan.

Also why didn't the invite Turkey?

Respect the robot.

R E S P E C T T H E R O B O T

YD3bMzT.jpg

Dragun619

Awwwwww shit, They accepted!?! Is this shit is really happening!?!?

MAN. HYPE TROUGH THE ROOF. LETS GO.

AMERICAN BOT TOO SUPER AMERICAN. JAPAN BOUT TO EXPOSE THESE FOOS

ArjanN

The japanese mech looks way cooler no doubt. Because that is what it was designed to do. Be a cool toy.

The USA looks like a piece of shit but it also looks like it was designed to be mobile in all terrains and fire paintballs at high velocity.

Kinda yeah, the Japanese design is more futuristic/anime, the USA design is more grounded mechwarrior type design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom