• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

USK watch: Braid for PS3 confirmed

C.Dark.DN

Banned
DrPirate said:
FINALLY it's multiplatform.

God, it feels so good to finally be able to say this game was overrated, boring and I just CAN'T get the appeal of this game.

I hated the damn music, the stupid pastel art, and I hated the damn cryptic story.
The girl was a damn metaphor for a nuclear bomb? Puh-LEASE

I know i'm gonna take alot of heat for my opinion (But it is just that: MY OPINION). But damn, what was so good about this game? I seriously couldn't stand it.....
When a game isn't multiplatform, only on 360, you lie about liking it?

DrPirate

Banned
DeathNote said:
When a game isn't multiplatform, only on 360, you lie about liking it?

When a game is exclusive, I keep my opinion on the game to myself.

Lame? Probably. But it doesn't attract attention.

StuBurns

Banned
DrPirate said:

I do this a lot too, or I try and balance it with complementing something on that platform, it's like being politically correct. GAFs politics is console warz.

DrPirate said:

Its also pretty smart. The ban hammer seems to have a random attribute attached to it around here at times.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
DrPirate said:

Actually, suddenly bashing the game as soon as you find out it went to ps3 draws quite a bit of attention.

I would wait until it's been released for a while at least.

stuburns said:
I do this a lot too, or I try and balance it with complementing something on that platform, it's like being politically correct. GAFs politics is console warz.

Yes, if you bitch about a multiplatform game, is ok, because it can't be interpreted as a console war. If you don't like a exclusive game... you'll have to be very careful and think your words twice, or you'll probably be accused of fanboy of other console.

And, if you are a junior, you have to think it three times. The possibility of being considered a fanboy, only because you don't like a specific exclusive, may finish easily in ban.

DrPirate

Banned
DeathNote said:
Actually, suddenly bashing the game as soon as you find out it went to ps3 draws quite a bit of attention.

I would wait until it's been released for a while at least.

This is correct. I kind of regret already in the way I worded my criticism.

I guess it comes to show how mind boggled I was when I saw how liked Braid is, and I just "couldn't get it"

The game did not just click with me unfortunately.

I say unfortunately because it is in my best interest to enjoy every game, sucks I can't like something others like. Why would I want to miss out you know?

Helmholtz

This game is absolutely fantastic. It was definitely worth the 15 dollars or so I spent on xbla. PS3 owners should buy this if they haven't played it yet.

androvsky

This is really sad. Nobody had any trouble trashing Star Ocean 4, Haze, Wii Music, or a dozen other crappy console exclusives when they came out. I know a few people mentioned they thought Braid was overrated, but any backlash to criticism would be from Braid being a critical darling and not because it was a console exclusive.

StuBurns

Banned
androvsky said:
This is really sad. Nobody had any trouble trashing Star Ocean 4, Haze, Wii Music, or a dozen other crappy console exclusives when they came out. I know a few people mentioned they thought Braid was overrated, but any backlash to criticism would be from Braid being a critical darling and not because it was a console exclusive.
It is sad, but true. I pray for a day where exclusives are non-existent, then I can without fear laugh at the people who think Insomniac make good games. Till then, I shall tell no one.

Orobi

29lie4j.jpg

DrPirate

Banned
stuburns said:
It is sad, but true. I pray for a day where exclusives are non-existent, then I can without fear laugh at the people who think Insomniac make good games. Till then, I shall tell no one.

100% agreed with everything said here.

I like Insomniac, but I'll be damned if they make games that are "head and shoulders above the rest".

Fuck, now I'm digressing and I ruined this thread :(

DrPirate said:

"Don't look at me. Don't look at MEEEE"

But I can imagine you didn't like if you actually went for
the alternate storyline. The game makes it quite clear that that route isn't supposed to be fun at all

edit: spoilertags.

stuburns said:

They do make good games.

But this is about Braid.

Not surprising it comes to PSN. I think Geo wars or some type of variant is next. The dev didn't rule out PSN as a possibility.

Lothars

stuburns said:

I disagree I think that Insomniac definitely makes great games.

DrPirate said:
I hated the damn music, the stupid pastel art, and I hated the damn cryptic story.
The girl was a damn metaphor for a nuclear bomb? Puh-LEASE

I know i'm gonna take alot of heat for my opinion (But it is just that: MY OPINION). But damn, what was so good about this game? I seriously couldn't stand it.....
...the gameplay, possibly?

dallow_bg

nods at old men
It's easy to ignore all the fluff of Braid and just enjoy the puzzles.
They were easily some of the best puzzles I've had the pleasure of solving in years. Solved them all, and I didn't cheat, took forever though.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Great news. I already played the 360 version but will double dip if there is at least some added content/feature (YouTube support for easy Trophies :p)

____

DrPirate said:
This is correct. I kind of regret already in the way I worded my criticism.

I guess it comes to show how mind boggled I was when I saw how liked Braid is, and I just "couldn't get it"

The game did not just click with me unfortunately.

I say unfortunately because it is in my best interest to enjoy every game, sucks I can't like something others like. Why would I want to miss out you know?

Don't feel bad. I bought Noby Noby Boy from gafhype.

Worst 5 bucks I ever spent :lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
____ said:

Yep, same here.

TTP said:
Great news. I already played the 360 version but will double dip if there is at least some added content/feature (YouTube support for easy Trophies :p)

I'm in the same boat. Definitely willing to double dip if they add content, or if they offer it at a good price (below 15 since it'll have been out for over a year on XBLA).

vocab

somuchwater said:
Perfect :lol My response exactly. Held off buying the PC version in the hopes I could play this using a controller.

Same. I'm a PC gamer first and foremost, but I some how like Braid on a console more.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
You can use controllers on PC or did the game not support them?

Some of those jumps had to be hard with a keyboard. :-(

Lothars

____ said:

See I thought Noby Noby boy was a interesting fun game for 5 bucks but thought Braid was a dissapointed and overpriced for 15.

Leckan

Wonderful.

Now we just need Ikaruga HD and Rez HD to boot. Heck, throw in R-Type dimensions while you're at it and it's complete.

Stunt

Banned
I thought Braid was an excellent game. Just like Castle Crashers I'll happily buy it again when it comes to PlayStation Network.

So that's two, Sony.

BeeDog

OldJadedGamer said:
It is weird but I've noticed this too.

:lol You guys are paranoid. Not really surprising though.

Reading a bit more about this game, I'm intrigued about the added layer of the super-secret stars. Though I'm a bit curious to why there wasn't an achievement for finding them all... is it a super-chore finding them or...?

WTFing

Banned
I don't know what castle crushers is, but since Braid (PC) is coming to the PS3. Please bring Geometry Wars (PC) too. Thanks.

BeeDog said:
:lol You guys are paranoid. Not really surprising though.

Reading a bit more about this game, I'm intrigued about the added layer of the super-secret stars. Though I'm a bit curious to why there wasn't an achievement for finding them all... is it a super-chore finding them or...?

As I understand, there is one particular star that literally takes you HOURS to get, and not because it's difficult to get.

KingFire

Banned
This is easily the game of this generation, while every other game is just more of the same. Most of games this genration focus on graphics and only on graphics, most developers wants to make their game looks as good and advanced as Crysis. Or have some cool gameplay elements that we have seen for hundreds of times. Don't get me started on stories this generation, THEY ALL SUCK MONKEY BALLS, the only game's story that was kind of good is MGS4.

Braid does things diffirently, it has a great story (almost movie quality), amazing twist, great ending and well chosen music.

What is really impressive is the whole game was developed by two men, this is a proof that you don't need 10,000,00$+ to make a good game. You just need creativity and talent.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
KingFire said:
This is easily the game of this generation, while every other game is just more of the same. Most of games this genration focus on graphics and only on graphics, most developers wants to make their game looks as good and advanced as Crysis. Or have some cool gameplay elements that we have seen for hundreds of times. Don't get me started on stories this generation, THEY ALL SUCK MONKEY BALLS, the only game's story that was kind of good is MGS4.

Braid does things diffirently, it has a great story (almost movie quality), amazing twist, great ending and well chosen music.

What is really impressive is the whole game was developed by two men, this is a proof that you don't need 10,000,00$+ to make a good game. You just need creativity and talent.
Agreed that all game stories suck, but so does this one.
Movie quality? It's all just existential fluff.

It's a puzzle game, and the best puzzle game in a long, long time.
Loved everything about this game save for the overwrought narrative.

Top Bottom