• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve finally acknowledges the HALF-LIFE series!

Scapegoat

Okay. Did he write it? What does it mean he said it was fan fiction?
He wrote it. He means it's fan fic in the sense that the only people who can release anything officially "Half-Life" is Valve, and he no longer works there. However, as the original writer of the Half-Life series this is the story he had in mind for Episode 3. He is also very clear in noting that games change and evolve as they are developed - this was simply what he originally had in mind as a starting point.

JJ Abrams has had a Half Life movie in development for a few years. Valve are probably waiting for the movie parts 1 and 2 to get made so that they can Time the release of three with part three of the movie for marketing synergy.

That’s sarcasm, but the part about the movie is true.

at this point, fans better hope HL3 NOT getting made, because of the insane hype it got, it will never reach expectations and will be considered a huge disappointment no matter how good it is

Exactly. I kind of think Valve's reputation will take a hot if they ever release it, no matter what.

Bo wonder they won't do it

This shit will never get made.(HL3) At this point, people even sending the slightest ripple through the internet is akin to pokin' a dead horse that has long decomposed and even the bones have mostly broken down into marrow dust.

He wrote it. He means it's fan fic in the sense that the only people who can release anything officially "Half-Life" is Valve, and he no longer works there. However, as the original writer of the Half-Life series this is the story he had in mind for Episode 3. He is also very clear in noting that games change and evolve as they are developed - this was simply what he originally had in mind as a starting point.

rgr

LordOfChaos

I'm in the boat where I think they should just announce it's dead if they have no plans for it. The silence is the worst.

Top Bottom