• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve Forces ‘Dota 2’ Tournament Logo Change Due To Communist Symbolism

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikest...e-due-to-communist-symbolism/?sh=722ff7effc71

960x0.jpg

Dota 2 developer Valve has asked tournament organiser Epic Esports Events to change the logo it created for the Eastern Europe Dota Pro Circuit due to it containing some communist symbolism.

The original logo created for the top competition in Eastern Europe featured Dota 2 hero Pudge in a red star and some red flames in the background. It was very similar to imagery used by Vladimir Lenin in the USSR, where his silhouette was featured in a similar design, as the logo for The All-Union Pioneer Organization.

Tunned

They should have used the original Lenin logo from the beginning, 90% of people would have no clue what it symbolizes anyway...

Holammer

I believe there are similar laws in Poland, but not as strict as the Ukrainian.
Russians have been really cross past few years because Poles have hidden soviet monuments out in the woods. This to protect them because people vandalize 'em.

00_Zer0

Not a fan of seeing a parody being censored. We have ton of Hitler parodies, why can't we have parody from Lenny?
This is just the tip of the iceberg. Valve is in Washington along with MS, and Nintendo. Don't doubt for a minute that wokeism can't take a hold of these companies. It's already happened at MS, it's only a matter of time before Valve, and Nintendo bow to the pressures of a small minority of woke millennial employees/ customers.

Edit-I read the article about Ukrainian law, but my point still stands. It's only a matter of time until Nintendo and Valve start behaving just as woke as MS. Unless the culture changes, wokeism will keep invading these companies. It will get worse before it gets better.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

I like to imagine what it would be like to actually be in a Gulag whenever I see some young cunt complaining about how they have to travel 30 mins to work or something. They'd be dead within 10 mins.

ManaByte

Gold Member
and Nintendo bow to the pressures of a small minority of woke millennial employees/ customers.

Ain't nothing wrong with working in the Treehouse, turning tricks on the side, while your husband works in the company coffee shop.

As for the OP, does Valve allow Disco Elysium on Steam? If so, that's pretty hypocritical.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Probably should be in the OP that this is due to Ukrainian law.

Ain't nothing wrong with working in the Treehouse, turning tricks on the side, while your husband works in the company coffee shop.

As for the OP, does Valve allow Disco Elysium on Steam? If so, that's pretty hypocritical.

As I said, Valve is doing this to follow Ukrainian law, they aren't banning the symbolism in general for DOTA 2 esports.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gp1

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
If countries are going to ban communist symbols, do they also scrub their libraries and internet access talking about Mao? He's the biggest supporter of communism in history.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
If countries are going to ban communist symbols, do they also scrub their libraries and internet access talking about Mao? He's the biggest supporter of communism in history.
I don't think any of these laws block education on Communism; it's "promotion of."

Just probably not worth pushing any boundaries.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
It really requires balls in this age to ban something leftist.

Watch out for thrown bricks and burning buildings valve.

23879098-.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom