• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 Re-Reveal Trailer

Killer8

Terrible. Nothing like the original game's vibe. It's basically just the Dunkey formula for videogame trailers:

Even the first attempt at this looked better.

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Rising Waking Up GIF by filmeditor

Denton

Chinese Room is certainly a choice.

Machine for Pigs was very weak.

But I am willing to give them benefit of the doubt.

Trailer is not great though - for Bloodlines, they should really know their target audience better - I don't care about some "cool" combat, show me RPG systems, dialogue, mood, atmosphere.

ZehDon

Chinese Room? Well, I guess I don’t have to pretend there’s a chance this could still live up to the legacy any more. Oh well.

Hugare

What we got with the last developer was so much better than this (judging from trailer and demo)

Was hyped back then, but this trailer was so boring. Showing combat for the majority of it, for a game like this, is certainly a choice.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Wait.... wtf?
Wasnt it already done and supposed to come out?!
There were gameplays and all

GrayChild

Having very little faith in this.

Hopefully it turns out to be at least an OK game. Masterpiece this won't be.

Neon Xenon

Just going off that trailer alone...I'm only cautious. VTMB2 has been such a mess internally up to this point. I want to see some gameplay later down the line towards release. I don't know enough about Chinese Room to be hyped or wary.

On the trailer itself, I'm getting bored of the breathy female vocals routine.

Thief1987

I don't know enough about Chinese Room to be hyped or wary.
They are certainly unexpected choice for this kind of game as their portfolio consist of more or less "walking sim" games. Dear Esther, Everybody Gone To The Rapture and Amnesia 2, which is more complex, but not that much.

I've enjoyed both Dear Esther and Everybody's Gone to the Rapture a great deal so I trust that the talented folks at The Chinese Room studio will do a good job with this one. Also, apparently they have been hiring heavy over the past few years, picking up talent from BioWare, Rocksteady and other big studios. Oh and they've uploaded this video as well:

Last edited:
Wait.... wtf?
Wasnt it already done and supposed to come out?!
There were gameplays and all
It had troubled development under the original devs, Hardsuit Labs, so the publisher (Paradox) removed them from the project, and it got rebooted by a different studio (The Chinese Room).

Last edited:

ProtoByte

Mozzarella

Looks bad, i dont trust the developer to deliver on this IP.
WoD are making a mistake.

This game will most likely flop, i dont see anything impressive about it and these kind of trailers are supposed to be marketing genius that leads you to pre-order.
I just took a look a the developer history and that was enough to not get hyped.

I kinda wish a developer like CDPR could take their chance with a WoD game, this is their bread and butter, characters, atmosphere, art, music, side quests, compelling world, and with the combat experience of first person they gathered from CP a new VTMB game from them should be amazing.
They tend to do well with a source material project.
My only issue with CDPR handling an IP like this is they most likely will turn it into open world cringe, if it stays hub-based with their other quality it will 100% be a massive hit, but what a pleb like me knows.

Bkdk

So they will cancel every part of the game except walking animation. And deep dive in gameplay video lol, they are about to teach you how to walk. I wish they would have given this game to madmind studios.

Last edited:

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Idk about this game but the VR game looks like a potentially promising Thief/Dishonored-like, though we've seen too little of that as well (and obviously visuals/scale suffer due to mobile specs).

Last edited:

StereoVsn

Not a fan of the story setup. And the developer while being able to wire a good story isn't proven at all as far as actual combat sequences go.

Well, at least my expectations are low, hopefully they be bypassed by a mile.

Last edited:

Puscifer

Chinese Room? Well, I guess I don’t have to pretend there’s a chance this could still live up to the legacy any more. Oh well.
The only thing I'll give Chinese Room is they can really tell a story, but if that's the case just give them writing duties while another developer does the actual gameplay.

Anywho, this game should officially not be anticipated by anyone since this announcement there's been too much drama behind the scenes and with such a drastic change in developers having hope it's just foolish.

Created by the walking sim developers. This will go well.
Their attempt to make their Amnesia fell flat. Half of its content got cut from the original Amnesia and it wasn't super scary. Not sure how they'll do this.

Granted, there was a company wipe where all staff were laid off and the company was bought by Sumo Digital so maybe this time around they got more specializations with new devs.

Kamina

Golden Boy
What are the chances that the woke virus that had befallen this game dies with the shift to the new dev?

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Created by the walking sim developers. This will go well.
Their attempt to make their Amnesia fell flat. Half of its content got cut from the original Amnesia and it wasn't super scary. Not sure how they'll do this.

Granted, there was a company wipe where all staff were laid off and the company was bought by Sumo Digital so maybe this time around they got more specializations with new devs.

Pigs is more than 10 years ago. The game will see daylight now hopefully.

Hudo

The Chinese Room are a really weird choice for this. Bloodlines was heavy with its RPG mechanics for a first-person action RPG. So not really a type of game The Chinese Room are known for. But maybe their pitch was so good that Paradox went with them anyway. From my limited perspective however, it seems like too big of a project for them.

Labadal

You will start as an elder awakening from their torpo.
Your protagonist is an established character.
They have taken some aspects from the canned version. A few characters and level designs.
Story takes place during a massive snowstorm.
Ditchet UE4, runs on UE5.
They will reveal more clans in 2023.
Longer gameplay segment will be shown in January 2024.
You still need to keep up the Masquerade, or there will be consequences.
5th edition of the ruleset.

Last edited:
Top Bottom