• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 Re-Reveal Trailer

Sentenza

Not sure where this sense of surprise even comes from. The rumors that The Chinese Room took charge of development after Hardsuit Labs got the boot are are almost three years old at this point.
This is just the official confirmation.

What worries is how little they have to show for these past three years.

Last edited:

HL3.exe

Curious, but big 'wait and see' vibes with this one.

Absolutely loved the first one as a teen... 20 years ago! FML

giphy.webp

Curious how The Chinese Room lands this project. It's not like dev studio's "can only do just one genre'. People internally change, teams and experience grows, leadership changes, etc. But they'll just have to prove it to the audience of course

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 is an action RPG where you'll play as an elder Vampire looking to make an influence in modern-day Seattle. Seek blood and power as you use supernatural abilities to claim the city with first-person immersive combat and a hunger for mortals.

hyperbertha

Why do these companies keep making first person RPGs it's such a production waste and they rarely ever turn out right. I want to see my character in the world. No amount of Chinese Room magic is going make me feel like I'm actually in the game by making it first person.
First person is better than third person for this sort of game any day of the week. Cyberpunk Is much better for it and so was the original vmtb. I don't feel immersed in the world when the camera is so far back everything is minute.

Last edited:

Hudo

First person is better than third person for this sort of game any day of the week. Cyberpunk Is much better for it and so was the original vmtb. I don't feel immersed in the world when the camera is so far back everything is minute.
Dark Messiah of Might & Magic really sold me on the idea of a first-person RPG/first-person melee combat game. If done well, it's so fucking good. I wish that From Software would make a new King's Field just because I want a cool new first-person RPG.

Yeah they have been posting quite a number of dev diaries too. I dont expect much beyond being a bit better than a Spiders game. Hype for some eurojank.

Last edited:
Top Bottom