• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Variety: AFM threatens to expel Austin Wintory for recording for The Banner Saga

AWintory

Neo Member
I understand and wasn't trying to accuse you of anything. This guy I quoted who "agreed" with you was obviously trolling.

Oh I know! I didn't misunderstand. No one feels like they're trolling me. Just trying to be clear since this issue is such a clusterfuck and easy to get confused by

It's a damn shame when unions get so corrupt like this. Admirable stand sir, liked your work on Monaco and hope to hear more from you in the future.

AWintory

Neo Member
It's a damn shame when unions get so corrupt like this. Admirable stand sir, liked your work on Monaco and hope to hear more from you in the future.

Thank you so much. I'm very fortunate; I have a very busy 2015 planned with lots of exciting things coming ... (sadly, none of which are likely to feature my local musicians now)

hawk2025

Thank you so much. I'm very fortunate; I have a very busy 2015 planned with lots of exciting things coming ... (sadly, none of which are likely to feature my local musicians now)

Release them on vinyl through bandcamp please, it was nice to see Banner Saga and Journey get signed CD releases but I would totally go crazy for a deluxe vinyl release.

How about Abzu? ;)

ArjanN

Hey there. Great work on TBS and your CS:GO music kit! Sorry you're still dealing with this BS, though.

Yeah, that CS:GO music kit is great, and a big part of what made the Banner Saga great was the awesome music. :)

Also, get fucked AFM.

Erevador

Another case of talented artists being harmed by nonsensical bureaucracy and corrupt politics.

Keep creating, Austin!

Jarsonot

Good for you, man. I support the idea behind unions, which makes it really terrible when the union "forgets" what it's there for.

They're tough to fight, too, so I wish you luck, and admire you for taking a stand, and shining some light on the issue.

In America you need money to live; to obtain money you need to work. You could say that the very system we live in is holding the gun to all of our heads.

Also food and water costs money as well. You can live without shelter, but there is not a single human that can live without food or water. So how exactly do we have a choice?

Top Bottom