• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Variety: Ben Affleck steps down as director of 'The Batman'

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuraya

MV5BNjE3NDQyOTYyMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODcyODU2Mw@@._V1_UY317_CR7,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
lololololol

Bury it, Warner/DC. It's over.

Release a short YouTube video with Superboy punching Zack Snyder in the face and reboot everything.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I had a feeling this project was going to fall apart somehow. With how Ben was talking and Live By Night's performance, I'm not really shocked he wants some space on this.

This may sound bad at first, but he comes to the realization that everyone in this forum wanted right? That he shouldn't be in front of and behind the camera anymore. So what's really the problem.

The idea of Affleck directing this was almost universally liked on here from what I saw

ZeroX03

Banned
He's a busy guy who just delivered a flop, along with WB's stubborn meddling, I can see why he wouldn't want the stress of multitasking.

But honestly I can't think of who else I'd want in there directing instead and do to justice. Other than you know who...

Veitsev

Seems to me he just wants to give the "acting" portion it's due diligence and doesn't want to spread himself too thin with the directorial side of things.

Might delay the filming process but it doesn't sound too bad to me.

He wants out and is just doing the bare minimum that he was contractually obligated to do.

Chumley

Banned
This may sound bad at first, but he comes to the realization that everyone in this forum wanted right? That he shouldn't be in front of and behind the camera anymore. So what's really the problem.

No one was saying this. He's still a great director even if Live by Night was a misfire, and his performance in BvS was the best thing about that movie.

Slime

Banned
I guess he knows the end result is going to be shit and he doesn't want it mucking up his directorial filmography.

Yikes.

I liked him as Batman even thought BvS was awful, so at least he's still playing the role. None the less I'm feeling way less optimistic, hopefully someone decent steps up to direct.

Corpsepyre

Banned
I don't believe some of the replies here. Didn't take long for all the negativity to pop up. He said he's fully dedicated to the role and that it takes quite a bit out of someone being the main character as well as a director. I don't see the harm in stepping down. If it's better for the film, so be it. Maybe they can get someone with more experience directing action. Let's wait and see what happens here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom