• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VGX 2013: Teases, rumours, and ads. [Up: Dying Light, Broken Age, Hammond Robotics]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joco

Really interested in seeing the next Mass Effect. That and whatever Sony Santa Monica has up their sleeves - hopefully a sci-fi title as well. Anything else after those two is bonus for me.

Also more CD Projekt Red would be great but I'm not expecting it. The Witcher 3 might be shown, but I think that would be it. Cyberpunk 2077 is easily my most anticipated game but it's still a ways off and I don't think they'll show anything from it until TW3 is released.

jmizzal

Really interested in seeing the next Mass Effect. That and whatever Sony Santa Monica has up their sleeves - hopefully a sci-fi title as well. Anything else after those two is bonus for me.

Also more CD Projekt Red would be great but I'm not expecting it. The Witcher 3 might be shown, but I think that would be it. Cyberpunk 2077 is easily my most anticipated game but it's still a ways off and I don't think they'll show anything from it until TW3 is released.

Gametrailers tv just said it will be shown

jmizzal

Oh Shoot Reggie just hinted Nintendo may be at VGX

ItsHapping.gif

EatChildren add those Nintendo games to the hints baby
Smash WiiU/3DS
Mario Kart8
Bayo2
X
Zelda WiiU? A Zelda WiiU teaser would be crazy and fit this show

Some Nobody

For VGX.

Unrelated but didn't want to double post, they just teased an appearance from Reggie and something from Nintendo as well. No clues as to what though.

I want to get hyped, but I don't really care if it's not an RPG, Zelda or something completely new (and for the Wii U, not the 3DS) in Nintendo's case. They already sold me on SSB, MK8 and DK: TF--I don't need more trailers, I just want to play them.

Witcher 3 hasn't really impressed me that much in previews. I love what they're doing with it and still gonna pick it up, but it just hasn't previewed well to me. From Nintendo I'm expecting a new Smash Bros character reveal and maybe a release date.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Anybody got a quote of what Reggie said?

Vibranium

Banned
"We may be making an appearance. We may be doing something special. We'll see."

Oh Snap! Zelda Wii U would crash GAF more than Fallout 4 or Uncharted. It might even tempt me to look more at the console.

It'd be nice to have Nintendo announce more Virtual Console title news for the 3DS/U at the show too, just throwing some free advice out there, Iwata.

Witcher 3, Fallout 4, Uncharted 4, new Deus Ex...

This might be the best/hype or worst/disappointing videogame announcement tv special ever.

probably disappointing....:(

Tagg9

Haha Nintendo at the VGAs? Never thought I'd see the day.

Probably Super Smash Bros. with a (surprising?) new character.

Vibranium

Banned
not just the fact that its zelda U but those next gen graphics

Seriously though, Wii U can hold its own. The next Zelda title is going to look awesome, they won't go with an art style like A Link Between Worlds (which I'm getting for my 3DS, the gameplay is apparently super fun and the visuals are growing on me anyways).

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Added Nintendo. Danke.

jmizzal

Seriously though, Wii U can hold its own. The next Zelda title is going to look awesome, they won't go with an art style like A Link Between Worlds (which I'm getting for my 3DS, the gameplay is apparently super fun and the visuals are growing on me anyways).

Yup just looking at the Nextgen screen shot thread the WiiU games are standing up well with those PS4 games

Next gen Zelda give it too me

Added Nintendo. Danke.

Great I love that you put up the Zelda HD pic lol

miyamoto was at the VGAs just recently for an award. a legend of zelda award. i think a zelda reveal makes the most sense personally, even if it would just be something like Majora's Mask 3D. i get the impression that nintendo is back into trying desperately to get that series back on fire over here.

3DS is doing fine, I would be disappointed if they show a 3DS game, they need to sale the WiiU to core gamer this is a place to push it where they have not, it needs to be something big for Wiiu

Darryl

Banned
Haha Nintendo at the VGAs? Never thought I'd see the day.

Probably Super Smash Bros. with a (surprising?) new character.

miyamoto was at the VGAs just recently for an award. a legend of zelda award. i think a zelda reveal makes the most sense personally, even if it would just be something like Majora's Mask 3D. i get the impression that nintendo is back into trying desperately to get that series back on fire over here.

EatChildren

RE: Nintendo, my guess is Smash Bros, because it's the one big franchise on the horizon that is most appealing to the VGA/VGX audience. The series is one of the most widely loved amongst causal/core gamers, probably because it harkens back to school yard "who would win a fight mario or sonic" nonsense and makes it a reality. People love Smash, the series is a "big deal", and the audience would be receptive to a new trailer.

Zelda would also be a perfect fit, but I think they're saving it for E3.

Vibranium

Banned
RE: Nintendo, my guess is Smash Bros, because it's the one big franchise on the horizon that is most appealing to the VGA/VGX audience. The series is one of the most widely loved amongst causal/core gamers, probably because it harkens back to school yard "who would win a fight mario or sonic" nonsense and makes it a reality. People love Smash, the series is a "big deal", and the audience would be receptive to a new trailer.

Yeah, that's probably the most realistic target EC. Well, at least there's a great-looking 3DS version to get hyped for, so I can be excited for Smash too.

Jos33phus

Neo Member
Fallout 4 will hopefully be the next big next gen timesink and will probably show us the tru capabilities of these new consoles/gaming PC's in our living rooms

Anth0ny

That would be too much. Smash? Zelda???? O_O

I'm expecting Mario Kart, honestly. Nintendo don't care about the VGX audience.

EatChildren

That would be too much. Smash? Zelda???? O_O

I'm expecting Mario Kart, honestly. Nintendo don't care about the VGX audience.

If Nintendo didn't care about the VGX audience they wouldn't bother with it, like they haven't bothered for the last forever. Nintendo owes no-one favours and wouldn't put up content unless they actually wanted something to show.

That said, I don't think Mario Kart would be unusual either. Mario Kart is another franchise loved by gamers from all cuts of cloth, and tends to be one of those franchises (like Smash) everyone from all camps likes to pick up and play. So yeah, Mario Kart would be another fit I think would work fine.

Great thread/OP EatChildren, subscribed.

Cheers. You can thank shinobi too. He's just as much responsible for the OP's content as myself.

Nintendo shows up to VGX in the form of Bill Trinen giving an interview in the Journ-o-zone or whatever they have back there where he talks about Mario Kart for five minutes.

methodman

Banned
Nintendo shows up to VGX in the form of Bill Trinen giving an interview in the Journ-o-zone or whatever they have back there where he talks about Mario Kart for five minutes.
Or iwata in the middle of a random empty warehouse staring into the camera not saying anything, but randomly flicking his perfect hair at opportune moments.

EatChildren

Added The Order: 1886 to contenders. Moved Deus Ex 4 to wildcards, since I don't really have any reason to believe it will be there, other than wanting it.

Deep down we both know this is the most realistic best case scenario.

Darryl

Banned

no need to set your expectations so high. wii fit launches just a week after this airs. it's the #1 new IP of the last generation of consoles. it would be the perfect fit alongside all of the dew and doritos ads

Quentyn

Some random guesses

Game reveals:

-Assassin's Creed 4 DLC

-Evolve from Turtle Rock/Take 2. Take 2 has nothing announced for next year, eventually they need to show something

-Rocksteady's new Batman game. There are strong hints it will come out next year.

New trailers/gameplay demos:

-Destiny
-Dragon Age Inquisition
-Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
-The Evil Within
-Thief
-Watch Dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom