• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VGX 2013: Teases, rumours, and ads. [Up: Dying Light, Broken Age, Hammond Robotics]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosXVI

Wow, very surprising that Nintendo would be there...I agree with the lot of you that it would most like be a new Smash trailer, probably one showing a shocking new playable character (Rayman? Bayonetta?)

Speaking of Bayonetta, a new trailer for B2 certainly wouldn't be out of the question either. Zelda I see as less likely, but it would likely burn GAF to the ground.

My personal hope? Some sort of Western-Japan co-developed Metroid...if we didn't already know Retro is fully committed to DKC:TF I would have more hope for this.

Gumbie

Have we seen any gameplay from the Witcher 3?

Officially no...unofficially yes. There was footage awhile back taken from one of the closed door demos. It was from a horrible angle and the quality was terrible, BUT it still looked really really good. CD Projekt Red had any links to it removed pretty quickly.

I'd love to see something original from Nintendo that appeals to the Spike crowd. Seeing those old NP issues with Killer Instinct on the cover makes me miss 90s Nintendo.

Taker666

A new Smash Bros character reveal seems the most likely from Nintendo, if not then a new trailer of Bayonetta 2 / Mario Kart 8.

....although given it's a US show it could just be a new Donkey Kong - Tropical Freeze trailer.

A new game reveal would be great..but I'm not convinced Nintendo Japan would agree to that.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Well it would be possible for Nintendo to show off Zelda U. Although that would clash with Aonuma's statement that he will talk more about Zelda at E3 2014. Don't know what to think.
That nintendo has more than zelda, what do means you don't know what to think

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I just have a hard time thinking BioWare would tease Mass Effect this early out when Dragon Age is their game that has all hands on deck, and even that isn't coming until late next year.

To note, BioWare is a 500+ person studio.

Edit: Their job postings list them as "over 800 staff". Even if we assume there are 400 people on Dragon Age and 200 on SWTOR, that would still leave a lot for Mass Effect.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
NOA needs to take this serious and give VGX a bone, play nice and be sure it is Wii U focused 3DS is strong Wii U needs a lot of help

A new Smash Bros character reveal seems the most likely from Nintendo, if not then a new trailer of Bayonetta 2 / Mario Kart 8.

....although given it's a US show it could just be a new Donkey Kong - Tropical Freeze trailer.

A new game reveal would be great..but I'm not convinced Nintendo Japan would agree to that.

It's possible that we could get Snake reveal at VGX since MGS5 might be there as well.

Anarkin

Already posted?

ioDqrN0tLsHAJ.gif

i5n3PCrbV3L3b.gif

It's from the latest GT.TV Episode. GIFs are from the official forum.

http://www.gametrailers.com/full-episodes/p992ud/gt-tv-donkey-kong-country--tropical-freeze

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I talked to the site owner and he said it was a typo, they meant to write 2015.

I suppose that makes sense. Who would make crazy enough to believe that "ME4" would release in early 2014. :lol

Really really want a CGI ME teaser.

I suppose that makes sense. Who would make crazy enough to believe that "ME4" would release in early 2014. :lol

Really really want a CGI ME teaser.
I'm actually thinking it'll be an in-engine Frostbite trailer similar in vein to the DAI debut trailer.

It's likely to make a showing IMO. Ubisoft line up for next Q4 is unknown at this point, they could reveal more then one game.

Well, they have Watch Dogs for Q1 and The Crew for Q2 AFAIR, so maybe they announce something for Q3 and leave the Assassin's Creed Q4 announcemens for E³

KAL2006

Banned
If you are going to put things like Black Tusk game in the OP, I don't see why we can't have Sony London, Sony Bend, Media Molecule and Guerilla Games new IP. All those projects are over a year old similar to Black Tusk Studios.

Nudull

Banned
Excited about Nintendo and (hopefully) Tomb Raider, really hoping for Star Wars Battlefront, Deus Ex and The Order: 1886.

Camjo-Z

Nintendo possibly showing something is just about the only thing that would make this worthwhile for me. At least then I know it won't be nothing but gritty M-rated games.

Hindle

Banned
Well, they have Watch Dogs for Q1 and The Crew for Q2 AFAIR, so maybe they announce something for Q3 and leave the Assassin's Creed Q4 announcemens for E³

Far Cry 4 to be thier big Q3 release? I forgot about AC, or rather just completely ignored the franchise lol.

Hoping to see some new gameplay from The Division by Ubi, maybe a tease for the next Borderlands or Halo game, and anything from Nintendo would be awesome (I'm gonna guess Bayonetta 2).

Dusky

To note, BioWare is a 500+ person studio.

Edit: Their job postings list them as "over 800 staff". Even if we assume there are 400 people on Dragon Age and 200 on SWTOR, that would still leave a lot for Mass Effect.

BioWare also have a new IP in the works no?

If you are going to put things like Black Tusk game in the OP, I don't see why we can't have Sony London, Sony Bend, Media Molecule and Guerilla Games new IP. All those projects are over a year old similar to Black Tusk Studios.

Because unlike all the studios you have listed we've actually seen something from Black Tusk.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Already posted?

ioDqrN0tLsHAJ.gif

i5n3PCrbV3L3b.gif

It's from the latest GT.TV Episode. GIFs are from the official forum.

http://www.gametrailers.com/full-episodes/p992ud/gt-tv-donkey-kong-country--tropical-freeze

Holy shit! I've been wanting in a game to really capture that sky/morning glare when it's slightly damp in the morning breeze and it seems the Witcher has got that nailed down. Just look at how nice and natural the sky does in that second picture and the lighting with it, and I am even hyped about that forest/woodlands in the environment. Looks like Resident Evil 4 woods atmosphere is about to be topped!

Damn I bet Solo is going to be hyped from this.

We're in the process of adding more things to the OP, please be patient mang! (Please be excited)

What i expect/want.
1) Uncharted PS4 trailer, Drake confirmed as game protagonist voiced by Nolan North.
2) Fallout 4 Teaser Trailer, confirmed that game runs on a new 'Void" engine.
3) The Order 1886 gameplay trailer/gameplay demo, possibly release date, but i think it's too early.

Believe mode enabled: Bully 2

takriel

That nintendo has more than zelda, what do means you don't know what to think

lol I was saying that I don't know whether or not Zelda U will be shown there, because really there's a chance. But having said that, I find a reveal in the January Nintendo MegaDirect more likely.

THEN again, last year Nintendo wasn't at the VGAs IIRC, so maybe they will show off their big games at VGA and not in a January Direct like last year. Who knows?

jmizzal

Well it would be possible for Nintendo to show off Zelda U. Although that would clash with Aonuma's statement that he will talk more about Zelda at E3 2014. Don't know what to think.

Shigeru Miyamoto did say they were gonna show Zelda WiiU at E3 but held off since they wanted to wait for Zelda 3DS and WWHD to come out first.

Then Aonuma said he was gonna have something about Zelda WiiU at Comic Con but he didnt have enough time.

Aonuma said they will have Zelda WiiU info at E3 2014, but thats prob full blast info.

Showing Zelda WiiU teaser at VGX would make sense, you get music a look at the art style and the logo saying Zelda 2014

Shaanyboi

Banned
There are so many reasons why Nintendo's tease could or should be Zelda, but just as many why it wouldn't.

If anything, I'm expecting something Bayonetta-related, or DK-related. Maybe even a new game announcement, but it seems to out-of-character for Nintendo to reveal fucking Zelda at the VGA's....

takriel

Shigeru Miyamoto did say they were gonna show Zelda WiiU at E3 but held off since they wanted to wait for Zelda 3DS and WWHD to come out first.

Then Aonuma said he was gonna have something about Zelda WiiU at Comic Con but he didnt have enough time.

Aonuma said they will have Zelda WiiU info at E3 2014, but thats prob full blast info.

Showing Zelda WiiU teaser at VGX would make sense, you get music a look at the art style and the logo saying Zelda 2014

Well yeah, that's really the best case scenario. But you never know with Nintendo... They may reveal Zelda at VGAs, in a Direct leading up to E3 or at E3. Everything is possible. But yes, there is a chance that it will be shown at the VGAs!

Riki

There are so many reasons why Nintendo's tease could or should be Zelda, but just as many why it wouldn't.

If anything, I'm expecting something Bayonetta-related, or DK-related. Maybe even a new game announcement, but it seems to out-of-character for Nintendo to reveal fucking Zelda at the VGA's....
Nintendo revealing anything at the VGAs is out of character. It won't be DK. Bayonetta, X or Zelda are likely. Maybe a new game.

Instro

I feel like X is the game most in need of promotion, as far as Nintendo's announcement is concerned. Hopefully they do a couple things, but I'm most inclined to think its Zelda or new Smash stuff.

Riki

If Reggie is there it's to show something. There really is no other reason for him to be there when Nintendo has never had a presence there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom