• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Videogame facts that blow your mind (SuperMarioBros. SHOCKING SECRET INSIDE p #70)

In Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver, if you bring a Togepi into the Cerulean Gym it will make a different cry than normal. A reference to Misty's Togepi in the anime. More Of an Easter Egg, but crazy at the level of detail GameFreak goes to.

I TOTALLY have to try this out.
I'm so glad that I'm on a new run on SoulSilver :)
Although I'm still so far away from that particular gym :(

Cheerilee

Do they also put roofs inside of roofs? Cuz I see two of them inside that "room"

Technically, yes. A film studio would be the most likely place to build a roof underneath another roof that has been painted to look like sky.

6dZRR.jpg

And a drain in the floor and what clearly is another building to the right and yet another one in the back (it even has a roof overhang), bla bla.

I'm not actually trying to argue that the scene is showing the interior of a building. Just that the illogic of it would actually make some kind of sense considering where they are.

Gui_PT

Technically, yes. A film studio would be the most likely place to build a roof underneath another roof that has been painted to look like sky.

6dZRR.jpg

I'm not actually trying to argue that the scene is showing the interior of a building. Just that the illogic of it would actually make some kind of sense considering where they are.

FPKpV.png

Rufus

Yeah, I know. I can't help myself from doing the same from the other direction, though.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently, FFXIII and Digital Devil Saga have similarities:

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120614185747/megamitensei/images/0/0e/Agrilla_Front_Back_Artbook.jpg[img]

Came from another forum though, but it links to a probable scan so I won't post it.[/QUOTE]

But did Lightning have terrifying mouth boobs?

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/0f6MA.jpg

I rest my case.

Etzer

In Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver, if you bring a Togepi into the Cerulean Gym it will make a different cry than normal. A reference to Misty's Togepi in the anime. More Of an Easter Egg, but crazy at the level of detail GameFreak goes to.
I must try this now.

Wut.

Are you guys seriously thinking it was a roof? I am getting mind-blowned by you guys getting mind-blowned about it being a sky. I thought it was really obvious?

Also, that easter egg on Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver is one I will totally have to try out sometime. I assume this is if it is in the lead slot in your team and so following you around, as opposed to choosing it from the menu?

Correct. It needs to be following you from behind and when you speak to it, Togepi will react differently. Apparently Pikachu does the same in Mt. Silver as a reference to being in the presence of Red (Ash), but I can't confirm that.

GrayFoxPL

In one of the campaign levels in Call of Duty: World at War, if you step on certain puddles in correct order, the screen starts to shake and 4 statues rise from the sand saying things (can't really understand it) to you and grant you the Ray Gun (found in the zombies segment of the game).
The Ray Gun is a one hit kill weapon.... and blows up tanks with one trigger
I thought this was so awesome

d74b05db42be02cae0588c19156a4a19.jpg

Cool. I thought modern games don't have real secrets anymore.

Link1110

Here's another Phoenix Wright one. You know how the third game jumped to 5 cases rather than 4 (pre-DS?) 4 in AA, 4 in JFA, and 5 in TaT... 4 + 4 + 5 = 13, the amount of anime episodes in a typical season.

Also the Pokemart theme from the 3rd generation Pokemon games is a remix if the first level music from Super Mario Bros 2

images

I just found out that is not Ebisumaru's hair connected to his moustache

It's a bandana. It's always been a bandana.

Saw it posted randomly somewhere and confirmed it on the japanese wikipedia.

My life has been a lie.

also

Banned
There are a lot of special interactions you can only get if you bring a specific Pokemon to a specific place.
Route 36 - SUDOWOODO
Copycat's house - MIME JR.
Mr. Psychic's house (Saffron City) - a Psychic Pokemon
Rock Tunnel - ONIX
Digglet's Cave - DIGGLET
Pokemon Fan Club (Vermilion City) - BAYLEEF
Lighthouse (Olivine City) - AMPHAROS
Route 1 - BULBASAUR
Route 2 - CHARMANDER
Goldenrod Gym CLEFAIRY
And more.

I also like route specific interactions, like your Pokemon being nervous on Route 22. That's the route leading to the Pokemon League in RBYG

Red UFO

Guys, the NSMBW disc/SNES controller is not amazing, and it doesn't show that Nintendo's designers are the second coming of Christ. It means they understand how complimentary colours work.

catabarez

Guys, the NSMBW disc/SNES controller is not amazing, and it doesn't show that Nintendo's designers are the second coming of Christ. It means they understand how complimentary colours work.

And they just happen to be in the same order -_- come on man it's a subtle nod.

Platy

What happen to be in the same order? The colours? It's just a colour wheel.

color-wheel-300.gif

It should be Purple/yellow or Blue/Orange if it follows the color wheel

Both the controller and the disc have Blue/Yellow

edit :

The posted color wheel makes it seens that the yellow is blue complimentary color ...

x9afk.jpg

ydisw.jpg

7UUJL.jpg

It is orange, trust me

lpNNu.png

Ibljv.png

That is yellow....
Yellow-Orange at most

Pachinko

Guys, a new one just dawned on me.

I'm sure I'm the last one to this party on this but, think back to Earthworm Jim . The original one, not the sequel.

In the first stage- the junkyard you have to shoot a refrigerator which knocks it onto a log that launches a cow skyward. The game even gives you a prompt "Cow launched!".

For some reason it only just today dawned on me after 18 years that the cow that crushes princess whats-her-name at the game conclusion was the same cow launched in the first stage.

Guys, a new one just dawned on me.

I'm sure I'm the last one to this party on this but, think back to Earthworm Jim . The original one, not the sequel.

In the first stage- the junkyard you have to shoot a refrigerator which knocks it onto a log that launches a cow skyward. The game even gives you a prompt "Cow launched!".

For some reason it only just today dawned on me after 18 years that the cow that crushes princess whats-her-name at the game conclusion was the same cow launched in the first stage.

Yeah, man. It is.

Top Bottom