• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vin Diesel: ‘Furious 7 Will Win Best Picture at the Oscars

Status
Not open for further replies.
These movies suck giant monkey balls.

The way they have used Paul Walker's death to their advantage in advertising is shameful.

Fuck this movie.

all-quiet-on-the-western-front-explosion.jpg

tumblr_mkwz36o3RC1rsiq0lo1_500.gif

tumblr_n02s9j922B1r8iex7o1_500.gif

godfatherpartii_4.jpg

_1422850013.gif

Mxrz

Wait. Nevermind the Best Picture hilarity. Why is this going to break box office records? Pretty sure one or two of the movies were direct to dvd.

No way this is even getting nominated for BP. It won't even win Best Movie at the MTV Movie Awards. That would go to Avengers or Star Wars.

Wait. Nevermind the Best Picture hilarity. Why is this going to break box office records? Pretty sure one or two of the movies were direct to dvd.

None of the films were direct to DVD and this is Universal's highest grossing franchise.

Sean

Banned
Honestly, Furious 7 probably will end up being one of the better movies this year. They took a winning formula and added Jason Statham, Kurt Russell, and Tony Jaa. Looks fun as hell.

Franchise made a massive comeback a few years ago, the last movie did like 800 million at the box office.

In a perfect world this movie would make more money than Avatar. It's the perfect blockbuster film. It's loud and dumb but unlike shite Avengers and Transformers it has a heart that shines through in every scene. It truly believes its message about family. The scenes have actual stakes and you feel like any character can die during them. Jason Statham is a fucking wreaking machine that makes every comic book villain seem like a child playing dress up. James Wan crafted a true love letter to all the films we 80's and 90's kids grew up watching.

Also, the trailers don't even show most of the film.

The first film since T2 to get big budget action films right.

I am curious about how good it is and i think a SHITload of people will see it and love it. It will be a huuuuuge succes.
Also, it would be refreshing if a movie like that would win an oscar.
But... I doubt it.

massoluk

Banned
Let's not get too ahead of yourself there... If The Dark Knight got snubbed, Fast and Furious franchise will never get a shot at Best Picture.

Mr.Swag

Banned
Remember that Jurrassic World vs Avengers vs Star Wars BO thread?

Guess who's actually gonna get third on that?

Furious 7 dat who.

T.O.P

Banned

*NA

Fast 5 got 6th place in 2011 grossing $210M
Fast 6 got 9th place in 2013 grossing $250M

With all the talk this one is getting i'm seeing it doing insanely well, they're gonna break $300M easily this time around, especially after Paul's tragedy (sounds awful but it is what it is unfortunately)

Would never happen because Furious 7 is going to end up the best action film of the year.

For like a month and a half until fury road is out

These films are usually the best blockbusters of the year but I have a feeling this is just gonna be the appetizer for me this time, the cinematography and stunts in that look bananas

Even if this was the best movie of the year, it's not going to win best picture, sorry Vin.

Ridiculously hyped for this movie though.

For like a month and a half until fury road is out

These films are usually the best blockbusters of the year but I have a feeling this is just gonna be the appetizer for me this time, the cinematography and stunts in that look bananas

Best year for action movies in a long time. Kingsman, Furious 7, Mad Max, Avengers, MI, Star Wars, and more!

Dilly

Banned
It's like some of you are still stuck in 2004. The Fast and Furious series has become a hit at the BO and well liked by reviewers and audience.

Razzies? Get out of here.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
His enthusiasm makes me want to see this, despite not having watched anything in the series since 2.

Vin is the man.

Whoa whoa whoa whoa WHOA.

WAIT.

Are you saying Mad Max isn't as good as Furious 7?

Furious 7 is legit the best action film I have seen since T2. Haven't seen the final cut of Mad Max but what I saw was really good.

Furious 7 is the perfect action flick though. Not a second is wasted in the film.

jond76

Banned
I believe, Vin! I think y'all forget who's bringing the gravitas in this one: My man Kurt Russell.

Really though, I'd be cool to see, but the chances are slim. That's no fault of Furious 7, it's just that the Oscars aren't that fun.

Be patient, Vin. In several decades from now, when your career is long dead you will get an opportunity to make a comeback in a critical darling of a film that will net you all of the Oscars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom