• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Virgin GAF thread Q & A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Stridone said:
You have a skewed vision on the world and especially how relationships and chemistry between a man and a woman works. You're not going to find the girl you are looking for because of this. People like you is what causes divorce rates to be so high; you jump into marriage because commitment and family values is the name of the game.
Wow, you assume a lot. When did I ever say that commitment is just something you jump into? You make it sound like I think it is a matter of simple willpower.

Well let me help you out of your dream; finding a partner isn't some magical process guided by God. If you want to find a good partner, you will have to "try" many different women to find one that suits you, and who thinks you suit her.
Again you assume, just because I said I'm Christian you think I have a mystical view toward romance? The bible actually teaches the importance of building right character and practice in how to love well and seeking good character in others and finding someone who proves themselves and is well suited to you and your community. The whole "God will give me a spouse" attitude is a modern mysticism drawn directly from the Hollywood soulmate serendipity crap. Even your concept of finding someone who "suits you" is flawed, because people can be perfectly suited to each other and still fail down the road. Everyone needs not only to be rightly suited, but to have the right sort of character that can continue, as well as a network of wise family and friends in support for them to remain a healthy couple. Everyone is weak, young or old, and will get divorced if they are so simple minded and self-focused (even just focused on each other, rather than their togetherness being purposeful unto others)

Meet women, learn to know them and decide whether this is what you really want or if it is time to try something different. That's how it works in the real world. Finding someone to marry isn't something you should let chance take care of, because chance will often leave you with a marriage that goes sour after 10 years and will leave you with a miserable existence because you can't get yourself to divorce her.
Why do you assume I don't know this? How long do you think I have been at this? I mentioned that I'm 26 and yet I consider the chances of meeting the right person low. Doesn't that insinuate that I have been evaluating my chances by personal search and experience? Doesn't that insinuate that I have been looking for a while and still not considered someone good for marriage? Doesn't it insinuate that I believe there is more needed for marriage than a simple chemistry and desire to be together? If I call dating (which can be quite involved) immature and selfish, doesn't that insinuate my belief that marriage requires much more of both persons and should have really significant consideration on both sides before getting into it?

I know 10 years is a long time, and even if you find someone "perfect for you" the fact is that over 10-15 years both of you will become different people, and you will again over the next 10 and the next 10. You need someone with good character who understands these things about life and knows that such a commitment requires you to rightly invest in the other and never stop learning their needs and to make the right changes in yourself and how you relate to them. You'll both have to do the same in relation to your kids as they grow and come into their own, so if you also want a good mother to your children, you have to find these things and have them in yourself. People always assume that a person is immature and naive because they're Christian and haven't indulged in every type of relationship, but that's not always true.

teh_pwn said:
For what? Am I giving decent advice and this thread isn't meant to, or the throw out 200 condoms part? That comment wasn't meant to be malicious. I think I've only used half before throwing them out. I've been with 5 different girls, but I've never had a serious girlfriend.

Yeah, but in my experience it really made the sex bad. Like a 4th orgasm in one day. Just very meh.

I've never had the sensation of one, so i wouldn't know...but I just figured that people would use them b/c they were trying to last longer for the girl or something.

LunaClover said:
Nope. Not every girl does this. It doesnt take much to break a hymen, especially if they ride bikes or horses or anything simular to that. And even then, it doesnt mean that there's gonna be blood. Mythbusters should look into this! :lol

Depends on how active she has been down there and your own size. I have been with several different women who were not virgins and there still was some blood because they hadn't had sex in a while.

Dude Abides

Banned
Dice said:
Wow, you assume a lot. When did I ever say that commitment is just something you jump into? You make it sound like I think it is a matter of simple willpower.

Again you assume, just because I said I'm Christian you think I have a mystical view toward romance? The bible actually teaches the importance of building right character and practice in how to love well and seeking good character in others and finding someone who proves themselves and is well suited to you and your community. The whole "God will give me a spouse" attitude is a modern mysticism drawn directly from the Hollywood soulmate serendipity crap. Even your concept of finding someone who "suits you" is flawed, because people can be perfectly suited to each other and still fail down the road. Everyone needs not only to be rightly suited, but to have the right sort of character that can continue, as well as a network of wise family and friends in support for them to remain a healthy couple. Everyone is weak, young or old, and will get divorced if they are so simple minded and self-focused (even just focused on each other, rather than their togetherness being purposeful unto others)

Why do you assume I don't know this? How long do you think I have been at this? I mentioned that I'm 26 and yet I consider the chances of meeting the right person low. Doesn't that insinuate that I have been evaluating my chances by personal search and experience? Doesn't that insinuate that I have been looking for a while and still not considered someone good for marriage? Doesn't it insinuate that I believe there is more needed for marriage than a simple chemistry and desire to be together? If I call dating (which can be quite involved) immature and selfish, doesn't that insinuate my belief that marriage requires much more of both persons and should have really significant consideration on both sides before getting into it?

I know 10 years is a long time, and even if you find someone "perfect for you" the fact is that over 10-15 years both of you will become different people, and you will again over the next 10 and the next 10. You need someone with good character who understands these things about life and knows that such a commitment requires you to rightly invest in the other and never stop learning their needs and to make the right changes in yourself and how you relate to them. You'll both have to do the same in relation to your kids as they grow and come into their own, so if you also want a good mother to your children, you have to find these things and have them in yourself. People always assume that a person is immature and naive because they're Christian and haven't indulged in every type of relationship, but that's not always true.

You'll die a virgin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom